the spells of my mercenary wizard

Madscientist

Question

- When I start the game, my wizard knows has 3 spells in his lv1 spells tab: Akemyrs dizzling lights, slicken and chill fog.

Chill fog was a lv1 spell in PoE1, but now it is a lv2 spell, so a lv1 char should not have it.

- In her level up screen, lots of other spells are already selected, including chill fog.

You learn them automatically when leveling up.

I think the players should be able to select whatever spells they want.

https://imgur.com/a/VwrOF

7 answers to this question

oops, I did it yesterday, but I did not check it today.

When I started a new game, all chars were lv1 and there was the + sign for leveling up at every char.

I could select new talents and skills for every char at every level, including the wizard.

So the wizard ended up having much more spells than intended, I guess.

There was no problem with the mercenary priest. I gave him one spell at each level and he did not have any pre selected spells.

If you can turn on/off auto leveling for each char seperately, I did not do it.

In any case, the wizard had 3 lv1 spells at level1 including chill fog which is now a lv2 spell.

Hey Madscientist,

If you toggle 'off' auto-level up companions before starting a New game, the mercenaries will load in level 1 with enough experience to level up to 6.

I got your back

- SKing

What the wat now ?

Fuc zounds, I must have totally missed that option T_T

update:

Ok, I found the problem. I have forgotten that the wizard has a grimoire with those spells equipped.

one problem remains:

The spell "chill fog" is a lv2 spell in the talent screen, but it is a lv1 spell in the equipped grimoire.

The grimoire is equiped and I can use it as lv1 spell.

This might lead to another problem:

I could not learn the spells that are in my currently equipped grimoire in the talent screen.

If I want to learn them, I have to unequip the grimoire.

This might not be a bug, but it could prevent players from using the spell they want to use when equipping another grimoire.

suggestion:

When you level up, you should either be able to learn spells in your equipped grimoire and the game tells you that they are in your equipped grimoire OR you can not learn them but the game tells you that you can learn them when you unequip the grimoire.

• Like 1

Hey Madscientist,

There's a lot of stuff here that can be more eloquently communicated to the player in regards to Grimoires for sure. I will get a bug in on having to unequip the grimoire to learn spells, and see how we want to address it for the future.

To the Devs defense, a lot of changes to Grimoires were made so there's a good amount of fine tuning going on as we speak.

You the best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

The question is not about grimoire.

It's: why level 1 spell is in bracket with level 2 spells when you level up.

Is it done intentionally due the power of the chill fog or is it a bug? :)

zGHrRY5.png

E3XITBG.png

• Like 1

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam