Resting on the waves and triage onboard

Wouldn't it be extremely neat with a Rest ability on our boat?

Well, after having a hard time finding where I could rest in Tikiwara (You have to talk to a lot of NPCs and get them to be hospitable - which actually I really liked - a nice change from all of these inns ("Rest here!") in every RPG/CRPG), I started to dream about this.

And, given that we know that our ship will be our upgradeable castle later in the game, I have this strong hunch that resting onboard is some upgradable capacity, just like onboard triage will be - a ship doctor, and of course, a ship cook, making dishes which heal our wounds. :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Wouldn't it be extremely neat with a Rest ability on our boat?

Well, after having a hard time finding where I could rest in Tikiwara (You have to talk to a lot of NPCs and get them to be hospitable - which actually I really liked - a nice change from all of these inns ("Rest here!") in every RPG/CRPG), I started to dream about this.

And, given that we know that our ship will be our upgradeable castle later in the game, I have this strong hunch that resting onboard is some upgradable capacity, just like onboard triage will be - a ship doctor, and of course, a ship cook, making dishes which heal our wounds. :)

I'll eat a fully grown, rampaging elephant if this isn't the case. They wouldn't implement pirate attacks on the open sea that injure your companions and crew if you couldn't heal between them.

Well, after having a hard time finding where I could rest in Tikiwara (You have to talk to a lot of NPCs and get them to be hospitable - which actually I really liked - a nice change from all of these inns ("Rest here!") in every RPG/CRPG)

Actually, no you don't. That one lady will rent you rooms *right* from the beginning. The reputation effect increases or decreases the cost of those rooms, that's all.

Wonderful news!, SKing! :)

Now, I'll use my secret future scrying ability:

Next expansion will be Archfiend Archipelagos, and we will get to sail our beloved ships into countless sunsets, complete with a ship monkey in the crow's nest, singing Engwithan drinking songs.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***