All Bugs I (Remember) Encountering

Novem

Question

I bundled my output_log.txt and all of my savegames into a RAR file you can download here on Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rwbbdvf7cadn76/POE2Stuff.rar?dl=0

I'll try and timestamp as many issues as I can from the stream I did which you can watch here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/201491368

You can also watch it here if that VOD gets deleted by Twitch: 

ISSUE 1: Chanter Invocations require focus? (Note: I played a Troubadour/Sharpshooter)

TIMESTAMP: 2:19:35

ISSUE 2: Wolf Companion Replicated as pet?

TIMESTAMP: 3:36:50 (it happens on and off throughout the entire rest of the stream)

ISSUE 3: Quest Completed... over and over and over and over again. (Broodmother's Fury)

TIMESTAMP: 3:39:50 (It doesn't stop until I restart the game)

ISSUE 4: "Ghosted" Food Items Prevent me from consuming food while resting/healing injuries.

TIMESTAMP: 5:13:12

ISSUE 5: Stuck in a wall. (this and the previous bug also happened during Ellohime's stream)

TIMESTAMP: 5:30:16

Some general technical issues I had:

- The game crashed 3 times.

- The music is screwy. Combat music very often refuses to play when combat starts, music doesn't switch when moving between locations, world map is silent, etc etc

- This isn't completely technical, but stealth/enemy detection can be really wonky. Sometimes I'll be able to draw enemies away, and other times when I fight them it draws in all enemies nearby. I feel this needs to be tuned to be more consistent, as the new stealth mechanics are probably my favorite gameplay addition in this entire game. As an armchair dev, I'd also like to suggest that you might want to put some kind of ring that shows you the range at which a sound can be heard by enemies, to facilitate cool sneaky tactics.

Edited by Novem

4 answers to this question

I also encountered your issues 2 and 3.

For the "companion as pet" issue, I was playing as a Ranger(/Rogue) with a bear. I ended up with a second bear after I died and reloaded the area, and the second bear proceeded to follow my party and fight alongside everyone in my party whenever I went anywhere else (it would wander over towards the party as soon as I entered a new area). My bear's name also changed from "Theodore" to "Bear Companion" after the second bear appeared, and my ranger had "Bonded Grief" stuck on them permanently. After quitting the game and starting it up again "Bonded Grief" went away, but the second bear remained and my bear is still "Bear Companion" instead of his name.

I7cAbnP.jpg

For the "Quest Completed" issue, I had the exact same problem with the exact same quest upon completion. I also noticed that the journal entry for the quest after completion was a bit wonky:

jTVnEdZ.jpg

Here are my saves and my output file, if needed!

For the "companion as pet" issue, I was playing as a Ranger(/Rogue) with a bear. I ended up with a second bear after I died and reloaded the area, and the second bear proceeded to follow my party and fight alongside everyone in my party whenever I went anywhere else (it would wander over towards the party as soon as I entered a new area). My bear's name also changed from "Theodore" to "Bear Companion" after the second bear appeared, and my ranger had "Bonded Grief" stuck on them permanently. After quitting the game and starting it up again "Bonded Grief" went away, but the second bear remained and my bear is still "Bear Companion" instead of his name.

I7cAbnP.jpg

You've actually discovered a completely different issue with this one. I had a replicated Wolf companion that was treated as a pet, by that I mean my extra wolf followed us around but it didn't engage in combat. It just watched like the MC's pet usually does (note that I mean specifically Pet, and not a Ranger Companion). In addition, I couldn't see my actual pet (the little dragon that gives you +5 defense against ground attacks) because the Wolf was being treated as my pet.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the feedback (and for streaming our game!). We are now tracking all of these issues internally. Hopefully we can get some of these fixed in a future backer beta build.

Hey, just so you know, I actually went back and watched my VoD and Issue #2 I listed actually shows up at 2:27:56 after I wipe in a fight and reload the game. From that point forward, my wolf companion is replicated and even when I equip a pet later on, I still retain a fully visible second wolf as my pet.

And no problem on streaming the game! It's great, I've gotten more traffic on my YouTube channel than I've had in ages. I'm very interested in reviewing the game when it comes out.

Edited by Novem