Deadfire Pack - Merchant Doesn't Show Up

I'm using an existing game of Pillars (in Act II) and when I go to Ansalog's Compass, there is no merchant at the shore where it's supposed to be. 

Here's what I've tried:

Sleeping in Caed Nua for 3 days, then going to Ansalog's Compass.

Leaving the area and coming back.

Going during the day.

Going at night.

Saving and reloading.

Exiting the game and restarting it.

Validating game files (no errors)

Closing the game, exiting Steam entirely, restarting Steam, restarting the game (3 times total).

I have the new portraits, so clearly the pack has been installed.

Why isn't the merchant showing up?

Edit: Uninstalling and re-installing the game worked. He showed up in the correct location when I loaded my save.

Edited by Riddlewrong
  • Like 1

I am not seeing the merchant either, and there is another poster in the patch thread saying the same, so it's not just you, Riddlewrong.  My save file is just before the end of the game, and I ran through the same troubleshooting steps you did.  Looked all over the area multiple times, and no luck.

Not sure if there's something we're just missing, but I'll report back if I figure it out, and would appreciate if you do the same.

This is a second post while waiting for the first to be approved, so not sure how this will work out, but I believe I have the solution.  Credit to a poster in another thread.

Check to see if the Deadfire DLC is downloaded--I had to download the DLC pack through Steam after the patch was applied.  Even after downloading, it took a little time, then Steam needed a reset, but the NPC is in my game now.

Hope this helps.

I have steam and the dlc didnt actually install even though the properties on the game said the dlc was. I had to uncheck the dlc in steam and let the game update. Then check it again and update it again. I also turned off automatic udpates before i did that and it worked for me.

I unchecked all DLCs and downloaded them again, restarted the game 10 times and nothing helped. When I find the Deadfire pack DLC on the steam page and press download, the game starts and the merchant is not there. I'm using a new save and I have the portraits only.

I have steam and the dlc didnt actually install even though the properties on the game said the dlc was. I had to uncheck the dlc in steam and let the game update. Then check it again and update it again. I also turned off automatic udpates before i did that and it worked for me.

I found him, the above method works

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've had to visit the Steam store page for the Deadfire Pack DLC, press the "Free | Download" button, and that started the game and apparently added a new DLC entry at the very bottom of the list of DLCs. Even below wallpapers, and with a date from March 2015.

Inside the game, the merchant then appeared in the previously cleared/completed Anslög's Compass area in the south-west corner on the path to Ranga. No map marker is shown for the merchant, btw.

Previously, I had assumed the free upgrade to the Definitive Edition included the Deadfire Pack somehow, because Steam had added all DLCs to my games library entry automatically. All checkboxes marked. But it seems the Deadfire Pack DLC is separate and must be downloaded explicitly.