The Obsidian Community all-time top 106 games (poll) - CLOSED! See new thread for results

algroth

Is it against the rules to make a few alt-accounts to rig this? I want to make sure Quest 64 sits at the #1 game of all time like it deserves.

• Like 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

There are naming rules for alt accounts. You need to establish a theme, even if it is obscure and hard to spot. People should have the theoretical chance of spotting the pattern in the names though.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I would say I have heard of it, but then people would think I'm your alt account. That in turn would make people think that you have been using the Giveaway Thread to launder steam keys by giving them to alt accounts, so that the prime account could stay steam free.

But I don't want to feed the conspiracy theorists, so I'll not say that I have heard of Sword of the Samurai.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

MMO's have taken up some pretty massive amounts of my gaming time, and I've also met some good people playing them over the years, so it was hard not to include a couple.

I tossed all of them out of my list since MMOs evolve too much.

Me Liking WoW years ago (during the TBC/WotLK era) isn't exactly representative of my feelings about the game now. Same goes for a few others I've spent quite a bit of time on (eg. EverQuest 2, which I forgot to even put in the honourable mentions, shame on me).

Single player games might get patched, but after a few years they don't tend to evolve as much (if at all) anymore, and while tastes change over the years other people can get to experience the game as I did (or something very close to it), unlike with MMOs.

• Like 1

Weirdly enough I have noticed that at least two users who've so far voted have never posted in the forums. I wondered about them being alts, but given how their selection of titles didn't seem to match any other's I opted to include them anyways. But all the same I'd bring up the question to you guys: do you think these posters ought to be allowed to vote? Or would they be too suspicious to do so? Personally I welcome any list but I would have trouble with those attempting to game the system.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Fiasco seems to be the only one you listed who has zero posts...and they've been registered since 2012 with an original PoE-backer badge, so yeah, I'd count them at the very least.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Possibly my earliest gaming memory is of Pitstop 2 in glorious CGA colour.

hqdefault.jpg

Mine was this:

There was also Platoon and some racing game which I can't seem to remember its name. Boy was it both fun and hilarious to watch grandma attempt to play the said racing game.

Wow, that was some 30 years ago... :(

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

My probably first game ever was this one :-D And it was a handheld already :-D

Well there was one, which I remember before this one but it was probably selfprogrammed PC game in 1984 or 5 at some science excursion, which I have attended as a kid. It was all about ASCII plane shooting stuff. Probably First ever precedesor of sidescrolling Bullet Hell games :-D

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Oldest game I remember playing (well one of two, couldn't find a screenshot of the other one), but here goes:

pitfall_7.png

The other one was something where you played as a snake and you had to get elephants into an enclosure. The *real* goal was to get the elephants to break through the wall though.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

No clue what my first was. It's between Pac-Man at Pizza Hut, some PC game on Windows 95, or some game on my dad's Atari. Asteroids or Pitfall may have been my first, I'm leaning towards Pitfall.

Age of Empires was probably the first "game of my era" that wasn't a kids or educational game though. So it was quite an important game to my early development. Largely responsible for my interest in history. Games in general are responsible for tearing me away from history career wise, even though I don't plan to go into the game industry. At least not as an entry level lackey.

Oldest game I played was Atari's home version of Pong or Arcade Space Invaders in ~1978.  I'd find a screenshot, but I don't think they were invented back then. ;)

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Wait! I actually forgot one I used to play a *LOT* before SimCity 2000 too... This!

super-solvers-treasure-mountain_16.png

And perhaps Treasure MathStorm! even more. I used to *love* these Super Solvers/Super Seekers games back then. Can't believe I forgot about them! Also the Trail series (Oregon, Amazon and so on).

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Oldest game I played was Atari's home version of Pong or Arcade Space Invaders in ~1978.  I'd find a screenshot, but I don't think they were invented back then. ;)

The same goes for me.  :)

So, technically speaking, I guess Pong was my first multiplayer e-sports game.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Heh, I graduated from high school in 1987. Yeah, I remember that game, though. Nice one. I liked those old Sierra games. I remember this ancient game called Kingdom in which the player decided how much grain to plant and how much to keep in the granary and how much to feed to the population. The stored grain could be eaten by rats. The population grew based on the amount of food. The amount planted resulted in new grain. Horrible game. Even 'back in the day' it was God awful! I think that was on the Atari 400? Then there were gems that I wish I could at least see again like Temple of Apshai and Adventure. I think Temple was a cartridge game. It had graphics and everything. Adventure was a text adventure with two word commands that only read the first three letters of each command. Wow, this thread is bringing back memories.

• Like 1

χαίρετε