The Obsidian Community all-time top 106 games (poll) - CLOSED! See new thread for results

algroth

Since it seems like everyone else published their submitted list. Here's mine.

Not in ranked order ~ so 5 pts all around.

1. Fallout; Interplay 1997
2. Fallout 2; Black Isle 1998
3. NHLPA Hockey '93; EA Sports 1992
4. MechWarrior 2; Activision 1995
5. NHL '95; EA Sports 1994
6. Tony LaRussa Baseball; EA Sports 1992
7. Lakers vs Celtics and the NBA Playoffs; Electronic Arts 1989
8. TV Sports Basketball; Cinemaware 1989
9. Super Smash Bros; Nintendo 1999
10. Baldur's Gate; BioWare 1998
11. Baldur's Gate 2; Bioware 2000
12. Planescape Torment; Black Isle 1999
13. Jagged Alliance 2; Sir-Tech 1999
14. X-Wing vs Tie Fighter; LucasArts 1997
15. Dune 2; Westwood 1992
16. Starcraft; Blizzard 1997
17: Nobunaga's Ambition; KOEI 1988
18. Rome: Total War; The Creative Assembly 2004
19. Command & Conquer; Westwood Studios 1995
20. Street Fighter 2; Capcom 1991
21. KotOR; BioWare 2003
22. KotOR 2; Obsidian 2004
23. Mass Effect; BioWare 2007
24. Baseball Stars; SNK 1990
25. Metal Gear; Konami 1987

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Surprised nobody said Pillars, Tyranny, Alpha Protocal or Kotor 2 :p

Or Fallout: New Vegas. 1_0_by_babblingfaces-dbdhcc6.png

New Vegas is the the best Fallout game.  Yes, better than 1 and 2.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Surprised nobody said Pillars, Tyranny, Alpha Protocal or Kotor 2 :p

Or Fallout: New Vegas. 1_0_by_babblingfaces-dbdhcc6.png

I think FO:NV is highly overrated and can't even get close to FO2  :p

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I haven't played New Vegas yet, actually. I know, I know, what am I doing in this place, right? :p

Meh. If you didn't much care for the gameplay mechanics of FO3 (and I personally thought they were not that good as well as outrageously clunky), there ain't much of a point.

• Like 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I haven't played New Vegas yet, actually. I know, I know, what am I doing in this place, right? :p

Meh. If you didn't much care for the gameplay mechanics of FO3 (and I personally thought they were not that good as well as outrageously clunky), there ain't much of a point.

Well, I have only played the first two Fallouts, so even that is uncertain with me. I'll get around to it, I intend to play it for certain, just haven't found the time as of yet to do so.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

*grabs shield*

*grabs sword*

No. Caesars Legion and most importantly Caesar himself where exactly as uninspired and boring as any other faction/character in Fallout 3 or 4. The only character that really stood out among the Legion was Lanius.

For me it's Fallout 2 > Fallout 1 > Fallout: New Vegas > Fallout 4 > Fallout 3 > Fallout: BOS

But hey, even the Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel game had its moments.

Still haven't finished Fallout: Tactics. :p

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

By Fallout: BOS, do you mean, The console Brotherhood of Steel action game, or the PC Fallout Tactics: BoS, Jagged Alliance-style tactical turn based combat game?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I don't know how much we want to bogart this game with another dissection of the various Fallout games, but New Vegas wasn't great because of the Legion. New Vegas was great because they actually did a halfway decent social commentary on the Iraq war that was entirely preachy, didactic, or morally intrusive. For a computer game, it did a better job than most of the ham-fisted TV shows or movies that I've seen.

EDIT: "Was not." mind is going.

Edited by Epaminondas

χαίρετε

By Fallout: BOS, do you mean, The console Brotherhood of Steel action game, or the PC Fallout Tactics: BoS, Jagged Alliance-style tactical turn based combat game?

I meant the console game that is pretty much the worst entry in the series. Fallout Tactics: BOS was a decent game though, never finished it but it had many great things. Back in the days I always thought that Fallout 3 would someday end up looking like that but with more RPG elements. But Bethesda soon aquired the rights to the series and well...here we are! :)

RIP Fallout: Van Buren.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Eh it's understandable to not like fonv because of the mechanics or it's really long "tutorial" BUT that's not why u play FONV. Bethesda games is all about exploring the landscape and the "theme parks", FONV on the other hand is about exploring the story.

Ay Tru to Ceaser! House always wins. Besides the main bad guys were what the NCR had become or the Yes Man who rules when the courier goes off wandering again.

• Like 1