Out of screen icons, moving action bar, no slow-mo

mrhawn

Question

Hello,

After a short test here are a few of my findings that are quite easy to spot but I thought to report them anyway.

1) When scrolling the camera so the party is not visible all icons are the same. -> second.jpg

2) When transitioning from one area to another the UI toolbar on 21:9 aspect ratio (I can't say for other aspect ratios) will shift right -> seen on second.jpg and clearer on first.jpg

3) I could not enable slow motion at all, I tried setting the "Combat auto slow" on, but it didn't make a difference. No screenshot on this, happened to me always.

Attached is also my DxDiag.

(Images scaled down since uploader wouldn't let me upload them)

post-49998-0-77065100-1510782045_thumb.jpg

post-49998-0-40178000-1510782051_thumb.jpg

DxDiag.txt

Edited by mrhawn

6 answers to this question

Heya mrhawn,

Thanks for the info!

1. This is a bug that's been fixed multiple times on our end, but keeps coming back. We're trying to fix it for good but unfortunately weren't able to for the backer beta. :sweat:

2. Thanks for this one! We're working on our 21:9 support (we want it to be much better than the first game) so I'll add this to our database. 

3. We have removed slow mode from the game for now. Our goal for PoE 2 combat was to slow it down in general, and to essentially remove the need for slow mode. The option in the menu and button in the hud don't actually do anything anymore, we just haven't removed them yet. We're looking for feedback on how combat feels without it, so feel free to tell us what you think!

Again, thanks for all of these! Feedback and bugs are the whole reason we're doing this backer beta, so everything you post is appreciated =)

• Like 1

I try my very best.

I have backed the game at a low level so I don't have access to the Beta.

I'm a but puzzled about the "no slomo"

In upper difficulty in PoE1 you were kinda forced to play in slow mo and still pausing every half a second... Even if slower, I still find difficult to imagine playing the game without slowed speed... Unless it has become reaaally slow by definition or reaaaaally easy.

No?

• Like 2

Heya mrhawn,

Thanks for the info!

1. This is a bug that's been fixed multiple times on our end, but keeps coming back. We're trying to fix it for good but unfortunately weren't able to for the backer beta. :sweat:

2. Thanks for this one! We're working on our 21:9 support (we want it to be much better than the first game) so I'll add this to our database. 

3. We have removed slow mode from the game for now. Our goal for PoE 2 combat was to slow it down in general, and to essentially remove the need for slow mode. The option in the menu and button in the hud don't actually do anything anymore, we just haven't removed them yet. We're looking for feedback on how combat feels without it, so feel free to tell us what you think!

Again, thanks for all of these! Feedback and bugs are the whole reason we're doing this backer beta, so everything you post is appreciated =)

Please do not remove options. I like the ability to fast forward and slowing down the combat like in the first PoE. I do found that even the slow-mo is actually too fast in first PoE.

• Like 2

Yeah, don't spend too much energy removing them bros, 'cause based on the feedback so far, you're gonna have to reimplement dat slow mode soon-like ;)

• Like 2

Heya mrhawn,

Thanks for the info!

In regards to #3, how it feels is:

​"Too ****ing fast."

Seriously, I hate this and I hope you reverse this decision or at least it can be fixed by mods (I never felt the need for any mods of PoE but this would do it for sure).

I loved, loved, loved the addition of slow mode. It let me play the game in semi-real time without pausing after literally every action. Now I just have to pause after literally every action to have a good time.

What is the harm in having the option exactly? Usually I can understand at least the intent behind a design decision, even if I disagree with it, but removing what is a totally optional feature seems silly.

• Like 1