Removing non class specific talents was a bad idea

Boeroer

I've been messing around with the system a little bit and I like the more streamlined feel. However I think that they should expand proficiency points a little bit to include the more general abilities. for example casting proficiency for elements and attack proficiency for different types of enemies. Honestly a lot of the complaints i'm seeing here could be solved by making proficiency a more meaningful choice than what weapons you're character will use, as by the third proficiency point it feels fairly useless. 

• Like 4

I've been messing around with the system a little bit and I like the more streamlined feel. However I think that they should expand proficiency points a little bit to include the more general abilities. for example casting proficiency for elements and attack proficiency for different types of enemies. Honestly a lot of the complaints i'm seeing here could be solved by making proficiency a more meaningful choice than what weapons you're character will use, as by the third proficiency point it feels fairly useless. 

This is essentially what Josh said (on twitter) they will do in the next patch. At least for weapon styles, not sure what other generic talents they might be planning.

• Like 1

One question after all the 24 page discussion. So how do we define which talent is a class talent, which is a non-class talent...?

I assume we use POE 1 as a reference, so any talent which is a generic talent in POE 1 should be added to the general talent pool right?

Humm... Not necessarly. You can add new talents on general pool, and on abilities side.