Several graphical effects are pink squares after 3.07

Mygaffer

Question

They're probably busy with the PoE 2 beta I guess. A bit of a shame their last patch will require a hotfix at the very least, you would have thought they could have thoroughly tested it is they wanted it as a last touch to the first game and a promo for the second in the series.

Hopefully they'll be much better in terms of support for PoE 2.

EDIT: I PMed Mikey Dowling about it, so it should be on the devs' radar. Hopefully it won't take too long for a hotfix.

Edited by Jojobobo

Hey everyone,

Sorry about all this mess. I am going to get to the bottom of this today, and I'll update you all later when a patch can be released. One quick question first.

There is a patch for 3.07 that is separate from our PX4 DLC. You have to opt into the DLC, by manually grabbing it. Everyone who has the issue, do you have the Deadfire DLC downloaded? From all your posts, my initial guess is that players will experience this bug if they do these things;

1. 3.07 patch

2. Mac/Linux

3. WM installed

4. Loading a save old than the 3.07 patch

5. No PX4 (Deadfire DLC) installed

If someone has this issue that doesn't match up with these five things, let me know. It will really speed up the process

Our bad :(

- SKing

• Like 2

Hey everyone,

Sorry about all this mess. I am going to get to the bottom of this today, and I'll update you all later when a patch can be released. One quick question first.

There is a patch for 3.07 that is separate from our PX4 DLC. You have to opt into the DLC, by manually grabbing it. Everyone who has the issue, do you have the Deadfire DLC downloaded? From all your posts, my initial guess is that players will experience this bug if they do these things;

1. 3.07 patch

2. Mac/Linux

3. WM installed

If someone has this issue that doesn't match up with these five things, let me know. It will really speed up the process

- SKing

I 100% have the PX4 DLC installed and I am getting the bug. So I don't match with the five listed above. I have 1-4, but I have PX4 downloaded and installed and I have pink textures/weapons.

Macbook Pro 2017, all DLC, Steam.

Hey everyone,

1. 3.07 patch

2. Mac/Linux

3. WM installed

- SKing

I do have the Deadfire pack installed, but it seems to be working as intended. Otherwise parts 1-4 are as you say, mac and GoG install. I have all the install files to hand, so if you wanted me to try a fresh install without the DLC I can do?

Edited by Jojobobo

Hey everyone,

1. 3.07 patch

2. Mac/Linux

3. WM installed

- SKing

Thanks for looking to get this solved. I also meet conditions 1, 2, 3, and 4. PX4 is installed and gameplay is affected with pink in White March and for AoE spells. Eager for Deadfire. :)

1. 3.07 patch

2. Mac/Linux

3. WM installed

5. With PX4 installed. 

Looks like my step 5 was incorrect. I've reproduced this on our end. I have a few more things to try before I can get a bug in. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks for all the support on this one,

- SKing

[EDIT] Can someone effected by the issue, send me an output log and a save file? 

• Like 1

[EDIT] Can someone effected by the issue, send me an output log and a save file? 

I don't have permissions to use to forum hosting, so I used filedropper. Here are the links:

http://www.filedropper.com/968bcae39a134da7ac25d15c6c8e481c61563721anslgscompass

http://www.filedropper.com/player

I haven't updated since v3.04, so for v3.07 I did a clean install. I guess as many other people seem to be experiencing this problem, it's probably not a cause for the bug, but FYI.

1. 3.07 patch [YES]
2. Mac/Linux [YES]
3. WM installed [YES]
4. Loading a save old than the 3.07 patch [YES, but then saved again in 3.07]
[Deadfire DLC NOT installed]

Save, log, screenshots...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/obrksp5eg2ug7w4/AAD9_5u40Ukhxck7Yhn65T62a?dl=0

Cheers.

Additional information...

I have tried running the game with both the Steam runtime and native libraries.

I have tried running it on a fresh and up to date install of Ubuntu MATE (17.10)

And on Antergos.

All pink, all the time. (too much pink energy is dangerous)

Also I would like to note one character is very much looking forward to the next Star Wars movie, and is now sliding around like R2-D2.

Edited by BkM-SE

I am experiencing issue w/ just conditions 1-3; I started a new game post-patch and post-deadfire DLC and started getting the full pink screen issue --everything was basically fine until Stalwart but WM is unplayable. I don't think this requires a pre-patch save. 

Not able to find my save game files although I followed the directions on the threat "How to Report"... sorry!

It's maybe worth saying, if you're going to make a patch for the "definitive version" release of the game - it might be worth checking that it's definitive and doesn't have game-breaking bugs in. Wouldn't want a totally embarrassing hotfix for something that has been actively described as "definitive" now would you?

Godspeed for all your future PoE 2 patching endeavours, is all I can say.

Hi,

I am experiencing issue w/ just conditions 1-3; I started a new game post-patch and post-deadfire DLC and started getting the full pink screen issue --everything was basically fine until Stalwart but WM is unplayable. I don't think this requires a pre-patch save. 

Not able to find my save game files although I followed the directions on the threat "How to Report"... sorry!

Got the issues on a Windows 7 System, WM and Dfdlc installed , new Patch and old Savegame.

I haven't been able to reproduce this on Windows. only Mac, and Linux. Can you send me your save file?

- SKing

I can confirm this happens on saves started after 3.07. Also another even more game-breaking bug happens. See https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/94543-poe-307-wm-no-npcgameplay-events-response/ for more infos (video + log) but basically:

-Linux (Debian 10)

-Game started after 3.07

-WMI+II

-Deadfire DLC

-Save game, bug triggers as soon as I move to Stalwart (can't save after since it's permanent fight): http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/708301/98d01ca687644498835dab18f6a6ee4d%209738397%20CaedNua.savegame

Edited by abo

Alrighty gamers,

I got the bug nailed down 'more or less' and everything we need (thanks to everyone who posted.) There is a bug in the database and I've informed the devs. We'll probably have to wait until at least tomorrow to hear back, sorry I can't give a a better time period. Hopefully we will have this resolved soon.

I'll check back in tomorrow/Monday and poke some devs

- Sking

• Like 3

Same issue here,

- Macbook pro 2016 / MacOS High sierra

- 3.07.XXX on steam

- Game started before and/or after 3.07 (don't seems to change a thing)

- WMI+II

- Deadfire DLC (or not, removing it don't seems to change a thing)

Basically, it seems that anyone up-to-date (like auto-update on steam) with WM on linux or mac is impacted by the bug.

Fun fact, the QA branch on steam was updated 3 days before the patch. Guess no one is testing on mac or linux, eh ?

If the fix is not released 'fast' (matter of days) , that would be really appreciated if the 3.06 channel/branch on steam was made public (or set as public beta to allow use). That would allow players to ..well actually be able to play the game.

My 2cps, but he fact that this purely-marketing-for-your-next-game patch is broking the base game on a wide panel of users if kinda sad.

Haha, yeah.

Any news on this, did anybody get poked? ;)

Turns out there was a problem somewhere in the build to steam upload process. Once we get it sorted, we will verify everything and get a patch out. Unless something insane comes up we should have a fix out very soon.

Sorry again to all our Mac/Linux users, thanks for hanging in there

- SKing