Several graphical effects are pink squares after 3.07

Mygaffer

Question

Hi, I am also having this issue. It started when the game prompted me about enabling telemetry. I am playing on a MacBook Pro 2016, Intel Iris graphics. I have tried verifying integrity of files on steam and then reinstalling the game. Any other way to fix this?

Update: For me, the graphical glitch appears to only affect fog effects, such as chimney smoke, in White March Part I, and not the base game. Also, companions found in WM I do not undergo walking effects. 

https://imgur.com/Y4fcMrq

This is what Russetwood looks like for me.

Edited by warriors235

I too have this problem, running a fresh install of Kubuntu 17.10.

Durgan's Battery is pink, inside and out.

Stalwarth is pink on smoke, and everything below where the houses are (i.e. down towards fishery). Maps are all pink.

I have tried two different installs of Steam, in case that was my problem.

First, Steam Flatpak. This is a fresh download/install of PoE as well.

Second, Steam.deb. Here I copied my old (17.04 install) [~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity] folder into the new install.

This was working yesterday. I'm currently installing it on my Macbook to check if the problem is there as well.

AMD RX480

Intel i5 6600K

Edit:

Startet it up on my Macbook, just now. Same problem in WM areas (specifically inside Durgan's Battery, latest save in WM).

Loaded a save from Twin Elms. No pink fog there. Same result on Linux (pink in WM, no pink in Twin Elms save).

Patch 3.7.0.1284

post-71409-0-05643300-1510816819_thumb.jpeg

post-71409-0-52567500-1510816824_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Oter2k

Linux

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey guys,

I also have the same problem with WMI & WMII content on my MacBook Pro 2015, Steam version.

Additionally I noticed that the Alpine Dragon doesn't initiate the dialog on its own anymore and when it turns hostile it neither moves or attacks. The other enemies in its cave behave normally. I am not sure if behavior of other NPCs is also affected.

I am currently redownloading the game, I don't have high hopes, since the guys above mentioned it doesn't help, but let's see...

I am currently redownloading the game, I don't have high hopes, since the guys above mentioned it doesn't help, but let's see...

I did another re-download on my Linux install, and the problem is still there. And seing as it is also present on my completely fresh OSX install (fresh OS install and PoE install), my completely uneducated guess is that the problem must lie with the latest patch or something.

I've had no trouble with graphical glitches and bugs previously, on either OSX or Linux.

(Except for the black Fog of War sometimes disappearing, revealing the map, but still having the 'soft' FoW. Though this was remedied either by a save --> load, or transition to new area)

Edited by Oter2k

Linux

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2016 Macbook Pro; Intel Iris Graphics; Steam.

Base game works but WM content does not work. This appears to be an outcome of the patch. I was able to do the Deadfire update and even play the base game though; there are some occasional pink effects. Stalward in WM is all pink. 

• Like 1

MacOS 10.13.2 High Sierra beta, 2012 rMBP with discrete NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M.

I was playing right before the update tonight with no issues. Immediately after the latest patch I loaded the previous save I was playing. Pink squares all over the place, corresponding to fog, flaming torches, terrain and atmospheric effects. In addition, many glowing or animated weapons appear solid pink rather than their normal textures.

Can enclose screenshots if necessary, but it appears identical to the issue reported by others in this thread.

Same problem with me, mac player and a fresh GoG install, just to add another report of the bug. Bug appears on weapons, on fire, and on Concelhaut's Skull (but I'm sure more places too) - though seemingly not on anything from the base game, only in WM I and II content (I guess the textures have been put in the wrong place). The merchant is however present at Anislog's Compass, so at least that's not an issue.

EDIT: Here's a pic of a fabulous pink Silver Flash. Seemingly it's not for every texture, hence the Maegfolc Skull being fine.

PinkWeap.png

Edited by Jojobobo