errors found during character creation

Madscientist

Question

suggestion: When you select a subrace, the racial ability of that race should be shown

- When you select godlikes, you can select what race they look like. The text for the races you can select is not there.

It should be the same text as in PoE1.

- There is an error in the description of the barbarian ability "spirit frenzy"

Some text is overlapping.

https://imgur.com/a/Pe3i4

When you right click on an ability to see its full description and you put the mouse cursor at a position where an ability is behind the full description , you will see a tooltip for the ability hidden behind the full description.

https://imgur.com/a/RrBtH

expected behaviour: When you right click something to see its full description, you should not interact with things behind the full description.

You did it! You found the secret triple comment bonus link I just made up today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-WHW-QNswE

In all seriousness though, I really do appreciate the effort you've gone through reporting these, given me a lot of good work to get onto :)

I'll be checkin this thread during the beta, feel free to keep pouring them in here and I'll make sure they are in.

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

During Character Creation and clicking on Preview Talents, I am unable to return to continue the Character creation screen.  Clicking on the 'x'? doesn't close the Talent Preview.  Only method I have found to exit is to end the process in Task Manager.  I did change the resolution to 1920x1080 - but setting it to 1280x720 did not resolve the issue.

Minolettas bounding missles have green jump target text and also a missing string in the tooltip.

https://imgur.com/a/YXHpQ

The mind blades of the cipher have the same problem as the jolting touch.

Looks like this is a problem with all abilities that jump from one enemy to another and course different damage to the initial target and the jump targets.

There is something strange with the spell descriptions that cause a status effect.

There is one line: causes status effect X for Y seconds, accurency vs defense

and below this is a text that that describes the spell and what it does.

The tooltip for the status effect is different for the line "causes X for Y seconds" than the tooltip for the same status effect in the text below.

• Like 1

There is something strange with the spell descriptions that cause a status effect.

There is one line: causes status effect X for Y seconds, accurency vs defense

and below this is a text that that describes the spell and what it does.

The tooltip for the status effect is different for the line "causes X for Y seconds" than the tooltip for the same status effect in the text below.

The thread for known major issues says that the tool tips for some things like action speed, recovery times, etc, are incorrect, so, the tooltip for the status effect being wrong may be an extension of that known issue. Still should note them wherever we find them.

There is a bug in the menu where you select the subclasses.

steps to reproduce:

select a class: you will be in the subclass menu, have "no subclass" selected and you see the description of the base class (thats correct)

click on a subclass: you will see the description of the subclass (thats correct too)

click on "no subclass" again: Instead of the description of the base class you will see a missing string.

https://imgur.com/a/lV9Vp

appears to be disconnect 'tween kind wayfarer stated penalty and how is implemented.  

stated penalty is as follows: "reduced damage when attacking foes that would qualify for sneak attack." 

reality o' the character sheet shows a perpetual active effect being applied.

"kind wayfarers: -15% damage with weapons"

perhaps kind wayfarers suffer both such penalties?  am not sure 'bout the sneak attack penalty, but can confirm the -15% for weapon damage. regardless, is nothing in character creation we saw regarding a -15%damage penalty for kind wayfarers and weapon damage.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I have a problem with priests when selecting the subclasses.

When I select the class priest and I preview the talent sceen, I see the talents of the priests of Berath.

I select priest and now I can select the subclasses.

I llok at them from up to down and there is no problem with Berath, Eothas and Magram when I preview the talent screen.

When I select Skean, the talent preview does not show any additional spells (because they have none), but it does not show the baby sneak attack either.

When I select any other god then, the talent preview does not show any additional spells any more.

expected behaviour:

The talent preview should alsways show additional spells and also the baby sneak attack talent.

suggestion:

When selecting a subclass of a caster who cannot use some type of spells (like all priests do), the forbidden spells should be grayed out in the talent screen.

This would make it clear that the char can learn some spells and he misses the gray spells.

The trickster rogue has the same problem as the priests above: Sometimes the extra spells are not shown in the talent preview.

Looks like this is a problem for all subclasses who learn spells from another class.

I did not find out how to reproduces this exactly, but this bug happens more often than the expected behaviour ( all talents are shown).

I think that something is wrong when you select the second class of a multi class char.

https://imgur.com/a/TjJpj

- The "chosen first class details" is empty. I would expect a description of the first class.

- The right side shows the description of the ability you have selected for the first class ( fighters knock down in my example ).

I think this makes no sense. It should be empty until you select a second class.