Will there be an option to switch skills icons with actual skills names?

Aramintai

I find all these different requirement icons during dialogues confusing, especially when there are not only skills icons but also background icons in the mix. I'd prefer the old POE1 version where I could actually see the names of the skills in the brackets, instead of constantly needing to hover over icons to see what they mean.

• Like 4

yeah the UI is not as refined or as clear. I was sort of hoping at least that Tyranny was a game that would help this game, but seems like nothing was really used.

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

Yes, having a toggle for icon/text/both would be VERY helpful. Part of the reason is the sheer number of things covered:

Class

Disposition

Background

And who knows what else. I'm sure in time, I'd be able to remember them all, but it seems to be very newbie unfriendly. It's just slightly annoying to keep going back and hovering over an icon to see what it is.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the icons, which is why a 'both' toggle would be very nice. But it's still a pain to try to remember the non-intuitive icons like the background ones.

• Like 1