Character creation feedback

Rhaeg

I've got a few things I'd like to mention on character creation, I'm sure others will have more to add later.

• Love the changes to the interface and entire look and feel of the character creation process!
  • It is quite hard to see which are the recommended/highly recommended attributes for your chosen class. The stars in front of the attribute names that mark these are easily missed (especially so if you haven't played POE1 and know not what to look for) and you only read the text descriptions once you have assigned a point to an attribute. It should definitely be more obvious right away which attributes are important to your class;
  • When selecting colours, you do not see the selection of the default colours highlighted at the start. The consequence of this is that you have no idea which colours to select if you wish to go back to them. A button for "go back to previous choice" would solve this and is very welcome IMO (or some way to save a colour set during character creation);
  • I really like the new hair styles, they seem to be a lot more different from one another than what we had in POE1. 
  • While there is nothing wrong with the character portraits that are available, I wish there would be more available reflecting the available options in character creation. I guess what I would really, really like to have is an option to take a pic of my character model's face so my portrait would reflect the character I have made. Not having a portrait reflecting the looks of my character (even remotely) is very disappointing.
Edited by Rhaeg
  • Like 2

When selecting abilities/passives/talents the screen needs a spot showing how many points you have to spend.  The "Next" link doesn't highlight well either, IMHO.  It could be a bit cleaner all in all.  However, it's a great start. 

is a small thing, but we also found the lack o' noticeable change to the "next" button to be mildly off putting. make our selection at levelup and we had expectation o' a clear change in the appearance o' the "next" button. small thing, but even so...

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

As much as I think the new icon-based layout for spells/talents is better looking, the list-based approach was easier to navigate; you could see the spell/talent names, and descriptions appeared to the side rather than popping up. That being said, it's nice to be able to preview the whole ability tree. If there was a way to marry these, that would be swell.

The new appearance customisation menus are much better. I especially like the icons for the hair choices.

I'll concur with the gripes about the "Next" button highlighting, and the lack of clarity when you can purchase abilities from just one or from both multiclass classes.

Edited by Lamppost in Winter
  • Like 3

I would love it if the character appearance parts of character creation could all be moved to the start instead of coming after all the abilities and such. I'd like to play around with a character's race, hairstyle, color etc. before getting into the technical details of their class and skills. I found myself tending to rush through the skill selection just to get to the pretty part. :-)

• Like 3

Also make sure that if Obs creates a picture, that picture is possible to make with customizations including the color. I had trouble with a wild orlan female portrait replicating a reddish color in the picture. It could be just me though. :)

• Like 1

I feel a handy improvement would be to create a popup of information for your already selected choices which appear at the bottom when you hover over things like your chosen background etc so you know what stat boosts you have wracked up thus far to help plan your character. Apart from that its looking good :>