Sign in to follow this  
guises

What's the deal with backers and the Definitive Edition?

I've been waiting to play Pillars until it was finally finished. Not mostly done, but done. I was going to play it last year, but there was some mention about a final final edition coming up, so I figured I'd wait some more instead.

Now the Definitive Edition is it, right? No more waiting? Good. And I got an email saying that I "GET THE ALL-NEW DEADFIRE PACK DLC FREE," so that's good too. I'm not seeing this on GoG though. The Definitive Edition is there, but I have to buy that. And the regular old non-definitive edition is there, and I've got that purchased, but... it doesn't have anything in ALL CAPS, or a whole bunch of exclamation points, so I don't know. It seems undefinitive.

Maybe someone could explain to me what the deal is? Do I have to buy some expansions or something, in order to get the free one?

I think it's all just incorporated in the 3.07 patch (the DLC I mean). The announcement in the other subforum says "v3.07 - the Deadfire Pack", but given that the other DLC has separate installers it is a touch confusing.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Jojobobo