Does it show in the description or did you find this by comparing it to Aedrin's?

It does show it in description. Note the +/-

At first I was like wow, that's gonna be one really fast arbalest. But then wait a second, it's garbage.

And yes, agreed with Kaylon, this probably was not intended.

Edited by MaxQuest

The pirate uniforms look awesome (but it's strange they have less DR than a robe). However the arbalest has 50% reload penalty which IMO was not intended (because it's worse than Aedrin's Wrecker). The belt and the cap give both +2dex  and I'm also suspecting the idea was to cover all the stats and the cap should have got +2per instead.

The reload penalty is for real?

I can not check this, since I'm away from my gaming PC, but that would suck.

Does it show in the description or did you find this by comparing it to Aedrin's?

Well, the description says -50% reload which means penalty (because for Swift Aim it says +50%) and if you compare it to a normal arbalest you really feel the difference. But maybe the guy who designed the item had in mind a reduction (because I don't see the point in making bad items).

Well, the description says -50% reload which means penalty (because for Swift Aim it says +50%) and if you compare it to a normal arbalest you really feel the difference. But maybe the guy who designed the item had in mind a reduction (because I don't see the point in making bad items).

This does seem like it's an error, especially considering it gets worse after soulbinding.

I haven't actually tested it, but this isn't just a description error right? Because to me it seems like those errors in the past, like saving throws or thac0 plus or minus 1 which often had the same effect.

Thinking about it some more, even if you wouldn't want to use the hat in the long-term it will be an incredibly useful item to have through most of the game - particularly on a lowish Resolve character who can easily trigger Confuse (which is an extremely powerful spell).

Maegfolc Skull is always an endgame contender but otherwise the hat is especially attractive to a Tidefall melee rogue that dumps both Will defense attributes and relies on Con and Draining to stay standing. The immunity effects help paper over the glaring weakness to Will targeting crowd control--which is especially deadly to such rogues because their self-healing is tied directly to their damage output--and the build was unlikely to go out of its way to bogart 3+ Resolve or Con items anyway, so getting solid boosts to both one slot is a nice bonus. It'd be nice if the Dexterity boost was higher but honestly I could still see the hat being endgame worthy for such a build even if you override it with Formal Footwear, a Ring of Thorns or the new belt. Personally, I'll probably go with Pensiavi Mes Res, a situational ring slot and a Boots of Speed instead and mostly leave the Thorns and Formal Footwear to my party mates.

Edited by Whipstitch

EDIT: Nvm.

Will need to experiment with the belt and hat on the LoP.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

he build was unlikely to go out of its way to bogart 3+ Resolve or Con items anyway,

FWIW, I forgot that the Binding Rope gives the same amount of Con as the hat, so that takes some of the shine off of things. I say this not to really denigrate the hat--It's still quite decent--but to again marvel at how stupidly good that damn Rope is. It could give a point of negative Con and I'd still be one of my favorite belts since the Stuck effect is so nice.

The belt is insane and finally enables zero recovery firebrand barbarians with potion + blood-lust. 

How does it give you zero recovery? It grants stats only for 1 per rest if not mistaken and that isn't that great in my opinion.

It allows you to wield firebrand and gloves of swift action at the same time. You used to have to give up the gloves slot to wield firebrand.

• Like 1

The belt is insane and finally enables zero recovery firebrand barbarians with potion + blood-lust. 

How does it give you zero recovery? It grants stats only for 1 per rest if not mistaken and that isn't that great in my opinion.

It allows you to wield firebrand and gloves of swift action at the same time. You used to have to give up the gloves slot to wield firebrand.

Alright i understand it now. Thanks! 

Cool, not sure what makes the difference. +20/20 is pretty huge for defensive characters.

20/20 with no recovery penalty and some DR is a contender on anyone, really, although I'd miss the proofing you can get with other armors. If anything I'd probably put the uniforms on my backline while Kana, Pallegina and Eder rock some plate, Pike's Pride, Sun-Touched Mail or one of the good hide armors.

Edited by Whipstitch

Anybody confirm that the Molina's Flinger is slower to reload rather than faster?  I tried a makeshift combat test on a fully leveled flinger and aedrins wrecker - couldn't really notice a difference from shot to shot.  That's telling enough as it is, you'd think a 50% speed bonus would be noticable.

Hmmm, something that is worth mentioning is the fact you can get all these items in Act I. +20 Fortitude sounds like a pretty sweet deal in terms of avoiding Stuns from Phantoms.

EDIT: If you buy the soulbound hat in Act I, you can fairly easily unlock its third level...

To unlock level 2 (at least for a Barb) you just need to take 300 damage - which is extremely easy - and unlocks the 10% Charm chance on hit or crit. To unlock the third level, you need to Charm 15 enemies with this 10% chance. If you equip Rymrygand's Mantle (easily findable in early chests) then you essentially take minimal damage off Shadows, and heal back what you do take as damage. Therefore, if you whittle a group down to one of these guys in the Temple of Eothas, you can then stop attacking him so he'll get charmed over and over again.

Turns out the third level of the hat (again with my Barb) is hitting 20 Resolve, which as I've dumped Resolve isn't going to happen. The reward for this level is Confused and Dazed immunity.

Edited by Jojobobo

All seems too overpowered.
It's funny. First, devs nerfed sabres and Unlabored Blade, "becose it's too OP", second - brings the whole pack of cheat-items. Can't see any logic behind this...

I'ts time to call Josh ;)

• Like 1

All seems too overpowered.

It's funny. First, devs nerfed sabres and Unlabored Blade, "becose it's too OP", second - brings the whole pack of cheat-items. Can't see any logic behind this...

I'ts time to call Josh ;)

Yeah the armor itself is rather crazy, particularly as there's three of those bad boys so in party play three of your party can have +20 Deflection (and +20 to another defence). The originally reported +12/12 seems at least a little more reasonable - though still powerful.

It also more or less frees up the neck slot from Cape of the Master Mystic (which can either be used for something like Mantle of the Excavator much more readily, or you can use it for a Cloak of Protection and free up a ring slot if you were going to use a Ring of Protection).

• Like 1

No, seriously... I've started new playtrough on PotD and now my lvl 4 rogue with 44 deflection (inc. Reckless Assault), new sabre + azureith stiletto is a *****n' killing machine!

We definitely need Josh :)

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1