Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pillars of Eternity Patch 3.07 - The Deadfire Pack - Is Now Live!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Smellicus

Smellicus

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Is anyone else having trouble with pink squares https://forums.obsid...ares-after-307/

jeffreywilens

jeffreywilens

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

Huh... I got the new portraits available, but the merchant isn't showing up. That's kind of weird.

Reinstalling the Deadfire pack worked, it just seems weird that I was only getting some of the features. Also right now there's a hilarious glitch where if you select "bind soul" while shopping, you can bind the Crossbow to the merchant!

I can't find the merchant either.  I uninstalled the DLC by clicking on the option in the DLC tab under properties and restarting the game but the new profile pictures are still there.  Not sure that uninstall actually works.  Anyway I clicked the box to "reinstall" the DLC and started the game again.  Still no sign of the merchant at Anslog's Compass.  Where is he supposed to be?

As for McQuirk's issues with the keyboard, I don't see how that survived an uninstall and reinstall unless there was something cached and saved.  McQuirk try installing on a different computer or laptop and see if that device also has the same keyboard issue.

Jojobobo

Jojobobo

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1126 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Is anyone else having trouble with pink squares https://forums.obsid...ares-after-307/

I am. This is definitely something the devs need to look into, it seems to be affecting quite a number of us.

I'm going to try different install orders (I first tried main game, WM Pt I, WM Pt II, Backer item, Kickstarter item, Deadfire Pack), but it's unlikely to make a difference I guess.

McQuirk

McQuirk

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

As for McQuirk's issues with the keyboard, I don't see how that survived an uninstall and reinstall unless there was something cached and saved.  McQuirk try installing on a different computer or laptop and see if that device also has the same keyboard issue.

Regarding this...  It turned out my firewall started auto-sandboxing the game after the update, which interfered with the keyboard controls.

How stupid do I feel now? :banghead:

jeffreywilens

jeffreywilens

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

Regarding this...  It turned out my firewall started auto-sandboxing the game after the update, which interfered with the keyboard controls.

How stupid do I feel now? :banghead:

Well that is odd because I had the exact same keyboard commands issue after the installing and then trying to play, but tI went away once I had restarted the game (not the computer).  Maybe your restart of the game did not work because the game was in the "sandbox," while mine was not.

dgray62

dgray62

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 125 posts

Will the 3.07 patch and Deadfire pack be made available on the Apple App Store as well?

KingDiamond

KingDiamond

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

yes, pink square after the update.

Messier-31

Messier-31

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

yes, pink square after the update.

It seems this guy here solved it: https://forums.obsid...ings-gone-pink/

Jojobobo

Jojobobo

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1126 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

EDIT: I didn't think the hotfixed GoG version was up, but it is! Just a heads-up if you weren't aware, like me.

Edited by Jojobobo, 23 November 2017 - 07:40 AM.

omgFIREBALLS

omgFIREBALLS

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Can one of you people who can see the new merchant at least show/tell us where we're supposed to be looking? I don't know if my game or my brain is bugged.

Edit: NM, it's my game.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS, 24 November 2017 - 12:54 AM.

Jojobobo

Jojobobo

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1126 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

There seems to be several bugs that appear to be problematic in the new patch, the foremost being some items that have a per hit chance are targeting a player's own party. This is most noticeable with the new Company Captain's Cap (which with the confuse chance is borderline unusable in party play) but there's also reports of it happening with Elryn's Jacket with Eyestrike. Additionally, the appearance of a lot of the new pirate uniforms appears bugged (they aren't appropriately colored on male characters, and don't go transparent when behind/underneath objects), plus the new Soulbound Arbalest gets increased rather than decreased reload speed as you level it up.

I thought I'd mention them here so they have more prominence. While the aesthetic bugs aren't too bad, the proc against your own party bug would be best fixed as it prevents use of the hat outside of solo play (ironically, as you're not much of a captain without a crew) and it also appears to be an existing bug in the game for other items which predates the current patch. I realise your time is diverted on other projects, so I'm not sure if you'd want to take the time for one last bugfix, however just thought I'd spread the word.

• Yria likes this

Cerebro83

Cerebro83

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

To add a small something to the list above: The rendering seems to have changed in the new patch, resulting in slightly blurred backgrounds most of the time. It's fairly subtle and some people may not notice it, but it really started to bother me. Scrolling over the map may fix it for a second, but every camera movement has a chance to reverse it back, so it's not a viable workaround. I really appreciate the new additions, but at current state, I'd prefer playing 3.06 with much less bugs around. Please, don't let this be the "definitive" state of PoE1.

kellyon

kellyon

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

sounds great! thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users