Pillars of Eternity Patch 3.07 - The Deadfire Pack - Is Now Live!

There seems to be several bugs that appear to be problematic in the new patch, the foremost being some items that have a per hit chance are targeting a player's own party. This is most noticeable with the new Company Captain's Cap (which with the confuse chance is borderline unusable in party play) but there's also reports of it happening with Elryn's Jacket with Eyestrike. Additionally, the appearance of a lot of the new pirate uniforms appears bugged (they aren't appropriately colored on male characters, and don't go transparent when behind/underneath objects), plus the new Soulbound Arbalest gets increased rather than decreased reload speed as you level it up.

I thought I'd mention them here so they have more prominence. While the aesthetic bugs aren't too bad, the proc against your own party bug would be best fixed as it prevents use of the hat outside of solo play (ironically, as you're not much of a captain without a crew) and it also appears to be an existing bug in the game for other items which predates the current patch. I realise your time is diverted on other projects, so I'm not sure if you'd want to take the time for one last bugfix, however just thought I'd spread the word.

• Like 4

To add a small something to the list above: The rendering seems to have changed in the new patch, resulting in slightly blurred backgrounds most of the time. It's fairly subtle and some people may not notice it, but it really started to bother me. Scrolling over the map may fix it for a second, but every camera movement has a chance to reverse it back, so it's not a viable workaround. I really appreciate the new additions, but at current state, I'd prefer playing 3.06 with much less bugs around. Please, don't let this be the "definitive" state of PoE1.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance for a picture of all the new portraits please? :)

I hope it's okay to post them here? Sorry about the white frames, I just took quick

screenshots.

Female ones:

7ff86392e50e353fecc4337946358812.png

This portrait is my wife's, so excited she's in the game! 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

There seems to be several bugs that appear to be problematic in the new patch, the foremost being some items that have a per hit chance are targeting a player's own party. This is most noticeable with the new Company Captain's Cap (which with the confuse chance is borderline unusable in party play) but there's also reports of it happening with Elryn's Jacket with Eyestrike. Additionally, the appearance of a lot of the new pirate uniforms appears bugged (they aren't appropriately colored on male characters, and don't go transparent when behind/underneath objects), plus the new Soulbound Arbalest gets increased rather than decreased reload speed as you level it up.

I thought I'd mention them here so they have more prominence. While the aesthetic bugs aren't too bad, the proc against your own party bug would be best fixed as it prevents use of the hat outside of solo play (ironically, as you're not much of a captain without a crew) and it also appears to be an existing bug in the game for other items which predates the current patch. I realise your time is diverted on other projects, so I'm not sure if you'd want to take the time for one last bugfix, however just thought I'd spread the word.

Let's be real, if they knew how to fix this it would already have been fixed, the Elryn's Jacket thing has been a known bug forever. Either they don't know how to fix it or else it would take a lot of work and they don't want to.

Let's be real, if they knew how to fix this it would already have been fixed, the Elryn's Jacket thing has been a known bug forever. Either they don't know how to fix it or else it would take a lot of work and they don't want to.

Lets be real. If they knew how to broke it, they should know how to fix it. With Assembly-SCharp from 3.06 everything is fine. I assume it's because all team workin' with Deadfire and nothing else matter. But it's a shameful to leave first Pillars in this state.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 2

It's in a sad way somewhat funny that this bug came with the "Definitve" version of Pillars 1. I assume the game will stay this way, as it seems there will be no more patches. For me, 3.06 is the best it got and everything after made the game worse. Even many of the Deadfire items came - and still are - bugged, which indicates to me that they didn't spent much (if any) time testing them. I'd like to know how they made those screenshots for the Deadfire Pack, however, because there the pirate outfits look like they should on male characters.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know if this pack will be added to xbox 1...theres a few people asking over on

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/deadfire-dlc-update.1062285/

and no one is answering so im just digging for answers.

thanks all

I don't know if ANYBODY goes to the Paradox site anymore, no one responds to anything, it's a dead site as far as I'm concerned.  As far as getting the Deadfire Pack for consoles, I don't know if it's such a good idea now, the Deadfire Pack for PCs was really buggy, a lot of the items don't work properly (if you read this thread thoroughly and other Deadfire Pack threads).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/20/2019 at 5:35 AM, Boeroer said:

Nope

I'd guess the highest chance of a turn based version of PoE happens like this:

• Ten to fifteen years pass
  • Beamdog decides to buy the rights to PoE and create an Enhanced Edition with 16k textures and neural interface support
  • Given how successful their turn-based mode in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: Enhanced Edition was, they decide to add a turn based mode into PoE:EE as well

It certainly won't be Obsidian doing it, since there's no money to be made from doing so (and almost certainly money to be lost).