Pillars of Eternity Patch 3.07 - The Deadfire Pack - Is Now Live!

Can't find the new vendor anywhere in Anslög's Compass.

• Like 3

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

^^^ Check that you have actually downloaded the dlc. It doesn't seem to do it automatically - at least for me. (I'm on steam.)

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Does anybody know how to download the Deadfire Pack if I bought the game from Amazon? The files seem to be GOG, but even if I import the folder to GOG Galaxy, I'm not allowed to download the pack without having the game bought directly from GOG.

^^^ Check that you have actually downloaded the dlc. It doesn't seem to do it automatically - at least for me. (I'm on steam.)

I have the new portraits in character creation.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Does anybody know how to download the Deadfire Pack if I bought the game from Amazon? The files seem to be GOG, but even if I import the folder to GOG Galaxy, I'm not allowed to download the pack without having the game bought directly from GOG.

You have to buy the Deadfire Pack DLC first (free) on GOG ; and it will show in your library.

https://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_deadfire_pack

curious. so is the 1.9 gig size due to the addition o' telemetry, 'cause am not seeing how a few portraits and a new merchant requires so much space?

New update has added ~54 px4_ assetbundles (items and effect).

Yet steam has updated ~4500 of already existing bundles...

You have to buy the Deadfire Pack DLC first (free) on GOG ; and it will show in your library.

https://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_deadfire_pack

I tried redeeming the DLC through GOG, but it says "Some of the selected products require you to own the base game." Should I ask GOG for help, or the devs?

I've had a problem with this update borking the in-game keyboard controls. Since installing the update, the game is running just fine and all the point-and-click stuff works perfectly, but the game is not detecting any input from the keyboard.

Anyone else have this issue? 

That's correct.  I fixed the problem by exiting the game and the restarting it and the keyboard works fine again.  This happened because to install the DLC Steam started the game up and then I tried to continue playing from there instead of exiting and restarting.

What about data_expansion3 and px3? Did I miss something?

Nope. Curious why they decided to skip px3 as well.

Also, it's interesting how they moved from the their usual versioning to semver. I.e. after v3.06.1254 comes v3.7.0.1280

Edited by MaxQuest

I've had a problem with this update borking the in-game keyboard controls. Since installing the update, the game is running just fine and all the point-and-click stuff works perfectly, but the game is not detecting any input from the keyboard.

Anyone else have this issue? 

That's correct.  I fixed the problem by exiting the game and the restarting it and the keyboard works fine again.  This happened because to install the DLC Steam started the game up and then I tried to continue playing from there instead of exiting and restarting.

That was the first thing I tried.  Exited and rebooted, restarted PC.  Tested with several different game saves and characters, even uninstalled and reinstalled the game from scratch.  I am using the Steam version.

Still no keyboard function.... Anyone? Any suggestions at all?  ;(

Finally we have an official portrait of a bearded Pale Elf!  :biggrin:  Naturally all Pale Elves should have been bearded from the start, including the women, who should have had full flowing Santa beards.  In fact, considering Christmas is coming up, I am astounded that all the portraits were not modified to have Santa Beards!  Astounded I say!

• Like 3

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Huh... I got the new portraits available, but the merchant isn't showing up. That's kind of weird.

Reinstalling the Deadfire pack worked, it just seems weird that I was only getting some of the features. Also right now there's a hilarious glitch where if you select "bind soul" while shopping, you can bind the Crossbow to the merchant!

Edited by Mechalibur

Huh... I got the new portraits available, but the merchant isn't showing up. That's kind of weird.

Reinstalling the Deadfire pack worked, it just seems weird that I was only getting some of the features. Also right now there's a hilarious glitch where if you select "bind soul" while shopping, you can bind the Crossbow to the merchant!

I can't find the merchant either.  I uninstalled the DLC by clicking on the option in the DLC tab under properties and restarting the game but the new profile pictures are still there.  Not sure that uninstall actually works.  Anyway I clicked the box to "reinstall" the DLC and started the game again.  Still no sign of the merchant at Anslog's Compass.  Where is he supposed to be?

As for McQuirk's issues with the keyboard, I don't see how that survived an uninstall and reinstall unless there was something cached and saved.  McQuirk try installing on a different computer or laptop and see if that device also has the same keyboard issue.

I am. This is definitely something the devs need to look into, it seems to be affecting quite a number of us.

I'm going to try different install orders (I first tried main game, WM Pt I, WM Pt II, Backer item, Kickstarter item, Deadfire Pack), but it's unlikely to make a difference I guess.

As for McQuirk's issues with the keyboard, I don't see how that survived an uninstall and reinstall unless there was something cached and saved.  McQuirk try installing on a different computer or laptop and see if that device also has the same keyboard issue.

Regarding this...  It turned out my firewall started auto-sandboxing the game after the update, which interfered with the keyboard controls.

How stupid do I feel now? :banghead:

Regarding this...  It turned out my firewall started auto-sandboxing the game after the update, which interfered with the keyboard controls.

How stupid do I feel now? :banghead:

Well that is odd because I had the exact same keyboard commands issue after the installing and then trying to play, but tI went away once I had restarted the game (not the computer).  Maybe your restart of the game did not work because the game was in the "sandbox," while mine was not.

yes, pink square after the update.

It seems this guy here solved it: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81825-everythings-gone-pink/

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Can one of you people who can see the new merchant at least show/tell us where we're supposed to be looking? I don't know if my game or my brain is bugged.

Edit: NM, it's my game.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!