Pillars of Eternity Patch 3.07 - The Deadfire Pack - Is Now Live!

Today is the day! Not only is the Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition out now on Steam and GOG, but we are also happy to announce the release of the free Deadfire Pack DLC!

What you can expect to find in this DLC:

Deadfire Pack

• Ponamu Bird-Scorned, a merchant from the Deadfire, has washed ashore in Anslög's Compass.
  • Added nine new Deadfire-themed items sold by Ponamu Bird-Scorned. These include four new soulbound items.

New Portraits

• Added ten new player portraits from backers of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.

Miscellaneous

• Added opt-in telemetry for people who want to share information about their game.

This DLC is a thank you from us to all of you who have supported Pillars of Eternity throughout the years. You're all incredible.

• Like 14

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Any chance for a picture of all the new portraits please? :)

I hope it's okay to post them here? Sorry about the white frames, I just took quick

screenshots.

Female ones:

bd5b77b36de872c84ff4bbdbb5ec5fe5.png7ff86392e50e353fecc4337946358812.png5153b6540dd521a1bed4f76bcc455e0d.png

I was kinda hoping for a new pale elf, but these three look good too (that pendant on the orlan, elephants in Eora confirmed?)

Males, 7 of them:

8c0398cfcfd1d19ff7d78ed6211476b8.pngc45d1d289dd62fd48d6d3cd589183abf.png1b249e26c1edb1f8dcd06b262a803d88.png23bd192f369fff87a0f930ebae7d29b0.png03dbb657513f923ded05cc0bc537fd5b.pnga10bb90809de885eb4c615fb68cb00eb.pngb180664d0c24bf19f9e85d7d1b94daee.png

(is it just me or the last human looks a biiiit like Josh)

• Like 10

No, just go to Anslog Compass and buy them.

The compass location has already been opened
when the new approach to it, the new NPS did not appear

Sorry, I do not know English at all. I use Google translit

Mikey, question: I was comfortably sitting on my completed game save until PoE2 comes out, but I'm wondering if there's any kind of carryover with items regarding Deadfire - ie, is it worth it to replay the ending so I can go purchase the Deadfire stuff from the seller so that my finished game state checks them off as being in my possession?

Does anyone remember the console command to unlock soulbound items? ;)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Does anyone remember the console command to unlock soulbound items? ;)

Example: LevelUpSoulbind px1_hunting_bow_stormcaller(Clone)

Btw the game version is not displayed as v3.07 to me:

SRNnwHO.png

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Any chance for a picture of all the new portraits please? :)

I hope it's okay to post them here? Sorry about the white frames, I just took quick

screenshots.

Female ones:

bd5b77b36de872c84ff4bbdbb5ec5fe5.png7ff86392e50e353fecc4337946358812.png5153b6540dd521a1bed4f76bcc455e0d.png

I was kinda hoping for a new pale elf, but these three look good too (that pendant on the orlan, elephants in Eora confirmed?)

Males, 7 of them:

8c0398cfcfd1d19ff7d78ed6211476b8.pngc45d1d289dd62fd48d6d3cd589183abf.png1b249e26c1edb1f8dcd06b262a803d88.png23bd192f369fff87a0f930ebae7d29b0.png03dbb657513f923ded05cc0bc537fd5b.pnga10bb90809de885eb4c615fb68cb00eb.pngb180664d0c24bf19f9e85d7d1b94daee.png

(is it just me or the last human looks a biiiit like Josh)

A new female Pale Elf portrait should be added eventually.

• Like 5

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

So there will be more portraits patched into the first game in the future? Is it (hopefully) near future?  :)

Yes,

A few (such as my own) needed final approval before they could be added by the release date.  Katrina told me that they will be patched in soon (Im assuming with the next patch, which hopefully wont be far away)

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

Soooo, obviously you've advertised the v3.07 patch as the Deadfire Pack, is this supposed to contain the content? Someone found a separate installer on the GoG website, yet it's not under the ordinary downloads list for the game. Which is supposed to contain the content, and if it is the latter could you ask GoG to link to it under their ordinary files list?

Thanks again for all the hard work, it's good that you're still chipping in some support from the game so long after its release.

curious. so is the 1.9 gig size due to the addition o' telemetry, 'cause am not seeing how a few portraits and a new merchant requires so much space? am not hurting for space, but am genuine wondering why a two-slice toaster is taking up more space than our 48" dual fuel viking range.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

curious. so is the 1.9 gig size due to the addition o' telemetry, 'cause am not seeing how a few portraits and a new merchant requires so much space? am not hurting for space, but am genuine wondering why a two-slice toaster is taking up more space than our 48" dual fuel viking range.

HA! Good Fun!

From what I understand this is due to the way the Unity engine handles asset updates. Even when only a few assets are changed within an asset pack, entire filepacks/*.asset files have to be redistributed. They don't do binary deltas/diffs, or at least not in the most efficient way.

Do I have to start a new game for this merchant to appear in Angloss Compass?

no... though if you access through steam, make certain to go to the deadfire store page and utilize the free download to add the deadfire pack.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I've had a problem with this update borking the in-game keyboard controls. Since installing the update, the game is running just fine and all the point-and-click stuff works perfectly, but the game is not detecting any input from the keyboard.

Anyone else have this issue?