First Character?!

fortuntek

First character you will make/made in the backer beta, aaaaand GO!

.. I'm at work and just waiting to go home and download :( I'm thinking keeping it basic as possible, Fighter sword and board type. But once I get my hands on that sweet sweet multiclass character creator all bets are off

Edited by fortuntek

First character?

I'm going to spend 2+ hours in character creation and then it's going to be bedtime. No first character for me today, I guarantee it.

That was me with PoE1's Backer Beta lol. I think I got that out of my system this time watching Ellohime's hour on stream going through the character creator though

First character? 

I'm going to spend 2+ hours in character creation and then it's going to be bedtime. No first character for me today, I guarantee it.

Same i guess... 

And after that... as always...i figured out i'm a bald wizard or something worth lol.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Unless I can import my poe 1 character probably the strangest combination of classes I can just to see if it will work decently.

Actually they said during the stream that you can indeed import the hidden ".complete" savegames to the Backer Beta!

I'm a little torn about this. Equal parts excited, but I also am attached to a couple of those characters and want to import them only after the game is complete so I get the full experience. I was pretty disappointed after playing the PoE Beta originally and it killed my enthusiasm for the game initially. It was many updates later until I replayed it and about 3.0 by the time I REALLY got into it. Now I have thousands of hours logged playtime.

Maybe an idea would be to decide using dice rolls? Could get some crazy combinations that way.

Heh. This is a good idea to try after having worn out all of my first choices.

I asked Josh what his fav multiclass combo is currently and (after going on at length about Ghost Lodge rangers) said he really liked Street fighter/Barb I think it was? Makes me wonder if carnage will synergize with it, but I forget what Street fighter does. So I feel like theory crafters will have their dreams fulfilled for years to come with builds.

Maybe an idea would be to decide using dice rolls? Could get some crazy combinations that way.

Heh. This is a good idea to try after having worn out all of my first choices.

I asked Josh what his fav multiclass combo is currently and (after going on at length about Ghost Lodge rangers) said he really liked Street fighter/Barb I think it was? Makes me wonder if carnage will synergize with it, but I forget what Street fighter does. So I feel like theory crafters will have their dreams fulfilled for years to come with builds.

Streetfighter & Berserker (Barb subclass).

Bleakwalker/Assassin seems to be a fun combo. Paladin got great defenses which helps them to survive and cheap affliction from Flame of devotion for sneak attacks. Doing great on both survive and killing. Backstab + Flame of devotion = One shot kill !! Deep Faith has good synergy with riposte too.

Edited by dunehunter

I ended up actually creating characters:

- a Priest of Eothas (that was actually my POE1 character)...two Priests makes your party too weak so I restarted.

- a Chanter, I think chants are actually bugged. I see my character "starting to chant" in the log, but not hits. So restart again.

- a Ghost Heart, that one has been fun to play so far.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.