Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Talents, Abilities, Spells and Skills Dump

Dump Unsorted From Backers Beta Stream

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3366 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Does anyone know how the Conjurer Wizard Familiars will work? Are you able to choose what kind of familiar you have? What can it do?

Currently summon familiar is a spell, only usable in combat, that summons a random familiar that can fight and gives its Wizard a buff. I am not sure whether it despawns after combat as I lost the combat I tested it in, but I'd assume it does. The buff I got was +3 Burn damage resist (or whatever the new name for damage resist is) which seems rather lacklustre, though I haven't played enough to really judge. At the moment I don't think the ability is particularly good.

Juodas Varnas

Juodas Varnas

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Does anyone know how the Conjurer Wizard Familiars will work? Are you able to choose what kind of familiar you have? What can it do?

Currently summon familiar is a spell, only usable in combat, that summons a random familiar that can fight and gives its Wizard a buff. I am not sure whether it despawns after combat as I lost the combat I tested it in, but I'd assume it does. The buff I got was +3 Burn damage resist (or whatever the new name for damage resist is) which seems rather lacklustre, though I haven't played enough to really judge. At the moment I don't think the ability is particularly good.

That sounds woefully lackluster.

I was also hoping to be able to choose a familiar a la Ranger pets. Just getting a random one every time you summon it, seems way too unreliable.

Skaddix

Skaddix

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 91 posts

Seems crap for a keystone ability.

PugPug

PugPug

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
So racial stat bonuses are gone? No more choosing your race to get a bump to your primary stat(s)?

Edited by PugPug, 19 November 2017 - 08:34 PM.

morhilane

morhilane

Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1131 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

So racial stat bonuses are gone? No more choosing your race to get a bump to your primary stat(s)?

They are still there. What gave you the idea they were gone?

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3087 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

No joke. For something a subclass is based around it's *incredibly* bad.

PugPug

PugPug

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Alhoon said he posted every single racial, but they weren't included.

I'm not mad or calling him out or anything; I think it's awesome what he did. Just answering your question.

morhilane

morhilane

Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1131 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm not mad or calling him out or anything; I think it's awesome what he did. Just answering your question.

He only listed the racial powers/abilities. These aren't in the character creator UI.  The stats bonuses didn't change from POE1 and visible when you created a character.

Edited by morhilane, 20 November 2017 - 10:22 AM.

PugPug

PugPug

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

He only listed the racial powers/abilities. These aren't in the character creator UI.  The stats bonuses didn't change from POE1 and visible when you created a character.

Thank you for clarifying.

CottonWolf

CottonWolf

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

No joke. For something a subclass is based around it's *incredibly* bad.

It should really provide a weak critter you choose the power of at chargen, but only provides a bonus when it's near you. Then you're playing the risk/reward game of keeping it close enough to provide the bonus but not too close that it gets targetted/AoEd. Then if it dies you can only resummon it with a long cast time. Potentially it dying would need to give you a bonded grief-style debuff for balance.

Edited by CottonWolf, 20 November 2017 - 10:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users