Welcome to the Deadfire. Backer Beta!

Sking

Hello, I'm really Interested in the Game.  I have the First one And I liked it.  So As I was Looking at steam I noticed that I could still get int the Bata Back with a $20.00 pledge.  So I followed the instructions that you left in this post.  But at the 2nd step (My Product), I ran into a problem The page states  "no products Available...Yet!"  So I went back to steam and pre-order the deluxe version. Activated the steam key as per the instructions.  But I can't Install the Backer Beta.  Can you Help, please?  If I still need to Pledge the $20.00  for the Backer Bata that no problem just need to know where and how.  Thank you.           

Hey owie!

The pre-order version of the game does not include the beta. The backer beta is only available to those who help crowdfund the game during our Fig and Slacker Backer campaign. Apologies for the confusion! 

I think owie66 was looking at this on Steam:

(taken from http://steamcommunity.com/games/560130/announcements/detail/1450584852668543808)

"...If you didn't pledge for the Backer Beta but would still like to participate, you can head on over to the Obsidian Backer Portal[eternity.obsidian.net] and add the Beta Access for $20.00 USD to your already exisiting order. ..."

It sounds like you should be able to throw $20.00 USD additional to get into the backer beta even if you pre-order now. And while I may have missed it, I didn't see any way to link a Steam purchase to the Pillars II website. So I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). I'd love to help break the game in beta but it doesn't seem to be possible despite sounding like it should be.

• 1 month later...