Welcome to the Deadfire. Backer Beta!

Sking

I backed for $75 on Fig a while ago, never made an Obsidian account until just now.  How do I connect my new Obsidian account with my Fig pledge?  Would like to get into the beta if possible, but don't know how.

Go here, click on the Backer Portal and follow the steps. 

@Breckmoney  Thank you, that worked.

Hey (you bunch of beautiful gamers),

We have now enabled Cloud saves on Steam for the Backer Beta. Only lightly tested, so use with caution. (back up your saves!)

I got your backs,

- SKing

P.S. Not sure if GoG Galaxy has this feature, I will look into it tomorrow for all your GoGers. Is it cool if I call you GoGers from now on?

Hi guys,

So I have purchased Pillars II and access to the backer beta. My question is if it is possible to purchase multiple copies of an add-on without purchasing another tier again? I am thinking I might buy backer beta access again to get a friend into the beta as a small gift. Just wondering if I need to buy another copy of the game to do that or not. 

Thanks for the help :) !

Hello,

I just have a stupid question : i’ve pledged PoE 2 during last summer (thus i’m not a kickstarter backer), so i guess it’s i don’t have access to PoE 2 closed beta?.. ;)

I’ve checked my products bought and i don’t anywhere beta access.. :)

Beta access is available via higher level tiers or an add-on (~$20, still available I believe).

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

• 2 weeks later...

*dives into the beta*

Hello,

I just have a stupid question : i’ve pledged PoE 2 during last summer (thus i’m not a kickstarter backer), so i guess it’s i don’t have access to PoE 2 closed beta?.. ;)

Beta access is available via higher level tiers or an add-on (~$20, still available I believe).

It's still available. It's in the addons to the pledge.

Edited by smjjames

Hello,

*dives into the beta*

Hello,

It's still available. It's in the addons to the pledge.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

You are perfectly right..:)

I'll check pledge options I've..:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, it's been a month since the latest beta patch. Will we get to see another at all? If so, I suspect it must be right around the corner, given that Obsidian are sticking to a Spring release these past days in those Pax interviews.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

You know that feeling kids have when waiting for X-Mas? Each day feels like a year, time feels like a divine punishment.

Well, that's nothing compared to what I feel these days waiting for Deadfire beta updates, and of course, the mother of all Christmas presents, the finished game itself.

1.jpg

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Keep in mind that Christmas and New Year's were last month and they probably had a fairly long vacation, so I'm not expecting an update this month due to that.

You should've been more optimistic this time, since the release was just announced: April 3 2018.

You should've been more optimistic this time, since the release was just announced: April 3 2018.

That really wasn't pessimism, I just think they weren't working for a while due to the holidays and that's why there hasn't been an update yet. If they are ready to release it on April 3rd, great, but considering the state of the classes and combat in the beta I think they are maybe rushing it out the door a bit fast. We'll see what's going on when they do drop the next beta update, I guess.

Edited by Christliar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm really Interested in the Game.  I have the First one And I liked it.  So As I was Looking at steam I noticed that I could still get int the Bata Back with a $20.00 pledge.  So I followed the instructions that you left in this post.  But at the 2nd step (My Product), I ran into a problem The page states  "no products Available...Yet!"  So I went back to steam and pre-order the deluxe version. Activated the steam key as per the instructions.  But I can't Install the Backer Beta.  Can you Help, please?  If I still need to Pledge the $20.00  for the Backer Bata that no problem just need to know where and how.  Thank you.