Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Latest Avellone DRAMA - accuses Obsidian HR of harassment, regrets signing NDA

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Flouride

Flouride

Chew Toy of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1840 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

To be honest, unless there is more information forthcoming its all irrelevant to me. I happen to like both Obs and Avellone - this apparent feud is pretty minor and shouldn't effect my sentiment to either, at least until something more concrete comes out. It doesn't say much about Fergus and his approach to management though. Clearly there was an issue which could have been sorted out.

It is not an easy situation for Feargus if two of his partners can't get along with each other. At that point it isn't management issue, it's more of personal issue with Avellone and the Parkers. Keep in mind these are people Feargus probably consider as his close friends.

No matter what he does in a situation like these, he is going to piss off one of his partners/friends

Katphood

Katphood

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1604 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I take back everything I said.

• injurai likes this

Valmy

Valmy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • Steam:valmy77
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

To be honest, unless there is more information forthcoming its all irrelevant to me. I happen to like both Obs and Avellone - this apparent feud is pretty minor and shouldn't effect my sentiment to either, at least until something more concrete comes out. It doesn't say much about Fergus and his approach to management though. Clearly there was an issue which could have been sorted out.

Eh he was there for a very long time. After a long enough time every company is going to have conflicts.

rheingold

rheingold

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 889 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Of course every company has office politics, egos etc....
Dealing with that is part of good management, particularly when the conflict is allegedly between your top talent. Of course it's possible that the breakdown was irrevocable but sometimes that can be avoided with compromise.
With no information at hand, I'm not saying that Fergus did anything wrong, just that this does raise some questions about management.

redneckdevil

redneckdevil

Psycho Hillbilly of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 956 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
But because we don't have any into, it could be that someone went diva and could be one sided.
I mean I have a couple co workers I can't stand, not because they are bad people or have personally annoyed me, just simply for having a different work habit. It is a problem but it's my problem and alot of times people don't see that they are the problem and not anyone else.

I'm kinda siding with the diva simply because i can see someone is acting like one in this situation and don't see any other sides. Flawed yes, but then again it's on the blessed talented and important diva for the info and how they give it out.

Yonjuro

Yonjuro

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

For the benefit of the younger people on this board:

Avellone is giving you a tutorial on exactly what not to do if you leave a job and ever want to get another one.

• Lexx, redneckdevil, Messier-31 and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users