Known Major Issues

Sking

Question

Known Major Issues

Below is a list of issues we know about that currently affect the Backer Beta. WATCH OUT!

General Issues

• Mild to severe drop in frame rate on first load. We are still in the process of optimising our game.
  • Some machines may crash on a black screen on first 'New Game' (This will correct itself on the second attempt)
  • Some machines may crash when quitting to the Main Menu from within the game
  • A few different creatures (Imp, Beetle, etc..) are missing audio
  • Some NPCs will have abilities that activate after each transition
  • Party will spawn halfway below the ground after destroying the Adra Pillar in Poko Kohara (You will still be able to transition, which will correct the issue)

Class Specific

• Chanter phrase count is not updating after Save/Load
  • Chanter will not have audio for their abilities (Chants or invocations)
  • Multiclass Barbarian/Priest (Shaman) lose passives (Select either the Eothas subclass or none on your Priest half and you will avoid this issue)
  • Ranger 'Ghostheart' summoned spirit companions will sometimes blend into the background
  • Wizard/Druid/Priest 'aggressive' AI preset will mainly auto attack (I highly suggest changing to the other presets)
  • Mercenary Wizard is currently listed as a dwarf and gains 'Hale and Hardy' but visually is a Human

UI

• Some menus are cut off in certain resolutions
  • The Game doesn't boot in native resolution after installation
  • All tooltips regarding Action Speed, Recovery Time, and Reload Time are incorrect (Don't trust them)
  • HUD elements may flicker/phase out of existence after a save/load cycle

Save/Load

• Adra Pillar in Poko Kohara disappears after Save/Load
  • Player character portrait doesn't fill red to show damage after Save/Load (You can still see the numerical health values)
  • Loading Error that kicks to the Main Menu transitioning after Save/Load (You can avoid this by quitting completely out of the title and rebooting)

[Edit] Major Issues Found After BB Release

• Animation controller issue with Blights and Spores. If you Knock Down/Up either of these enemies they will be put into a bad state and combat will not end.
  • Kith (humanoid) enemies will sometimes attack themselves
  • Like 5

18 answers to this question

*points out minor typo in post spelling dwarf as dawrf*

I've seen that "NPC activates ability on transition" on occasion in PoE1, a few instances were in the Twin Elms area and Galawains temple (that's where I noticed it the most anyway) where the combat log would show something (doesn't usually say what does) activating for the briefest of instances, sometimes causing a little bit of damage.

The Ghost Heart summons occasionally becoming camouflaged with the background sounds like it would make a pretty awesome stealth ability.

I've done beta testing before, so, I'm just helping out a little.

Edited by smjjames

Everything I found is already submitted by the community, but can you please update this thread too?

This will ease things up - not to search through every bug report and focus on beta more.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Don't panic, @znin21. The beta works fine on GOG. First thing first: have you carefully read the instructions on how to activate it through Galaxy? You can find them here: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/94318-welcome-to-the-deadfire-backer-beta/page-1#

Make sure to scroll all the way to the "Download on GoG" section and follow what it says.

Edited by Barbedbeat
  • Like 4

I got a GOG key and it says after inputting it that it was sucessfull however the Beta is apparently UNAVAILABLE!? why after waiting SO LONG is this now still not working???

Hey Znin21!

I sent a PM that might be able to help you a couple days ago, but it is in unread status at the moment.  Was wondering if you were able to get into the Backer Beta.  Hoping that you're in the Deadfire and enjoying it!

Thanks!

-Samuel Chin

• Like 1

I want to say that the flickering UI is really annoying.

Sometimes when I press pause I cannot select any skill and I have to unpause and try again which may be very bad in a hard fight.

And if you are on that flicker bug. Fix the wiggle bug too. The Skillbar has still the power to jump 1 to 2 pixels left and right.

• Like 1

"Some machines may crash on a black screen on first 'New Game' (This will correct itself on the second attempt)"

I play on a Mac and no matter how many times I start a new game, it does not correct itself. No matter what path (classic etc.) or settings I choose, it will always crash on a black screen and the application will stop responding.

fix the auto attack setting please. All the A.I.s are broken for me with no option to enable auto attacking.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance