Hello to everyone!

I'm new here, so I guess it is in place to introduce myself shortly.

My real name's Michal, I am from Poland, I'm a paleontologist by my education, but currently I do not work in my proffession. Pillars of Eternity was the first encounter of my with "classic", true RPG game, and I have to say, that I felt in love with it. I've just recently bought both White March DLC's, so I still have what to do with the first part of the game.

Still, I have a rather old PC, and Deadfire seems to have a little bit more demanding graphics, so to speak. I've used "can you run it" page, to check will I'll able to play it, and it said "no". But at the same time, it said the same for the first part of the Pillars, and I have no troubles with playing first Pillars on my PC - yes, it loads long, graphics stutter some times (on highest settings - lowering settings remove this problem), but it is perfectly playable.

There are those official mninam and suggested requirements of course, but I'm rather bad at technical part, so to speak, and I'm not sure how to compare this to my PC capabilities. So I tought, I'll give my PC's specs here, and maybe someone of you will be able to explain me will I'll be able to run Deadfire more less smoothely?

Here my PC's specs goes:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz 3.00 GHz (I actually boosted them in the BIOS to 3.6)

RAM: 4 GB

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4800 series

Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Hello to everyone!

I'm new here, so I guess it is in place to introduce myself shortly.

My real name's Michal, I am from Poland, I'm a paleontologist by my education, but currently I do not work in my proffession. Pillars of Eternity was the first encounter of my with "classic", true RPG game, and I have to say, that I felt in love with it. I've just recently bought both White March DLC's, so I still have what to do with the first part of the game.

Still, I have a rather old PC, and Deadfire seems to have a little bit more demanding graphics, so to speak. I've used "can you run it" page, to check will I'll able to play it, and it said "no". But at the same time, it said the same for the first part of the Pillars, and I have no troubles with playing first Pillars on my PC - yes, it loads long, graphics stutter some times (on highest settings - lowering settings remove this problem), but it is perfectly playable.

There are those official mninam and suggested requirements of course, but I'm rather bad at technical part, so to speak, and I'm not sure how to compare this to my PC capabilities. So I tought, I'll give my PC's specs here, and maybe someone of you will be able to explain me will I'll be able to run Deadfire more less smoothely?

Here my PC's specs goes:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz 3.00 GHz (I actually boosted them in the BIOS to 3.6)

RAM: 4 GB

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4800 series

Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Hi Michał.

As of yet we don't know. It was promised that the Deadfire should run about the same as PoE1. The game isn't optimized yet (they have about a month till release to do it) and final specs hasn't been announced.

The only thing we have backer beta which is not representetive of the final build. I am running game on a following specs:

Intel Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 

8.00 GB of RAM

GeForce 960M GTX

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

So far beta has been rough, though it got much better with recent update. The game seem to be capable of steady framerate, but it struggles. Here's hoping it will be much smoother on May the 8th. I would wait until its closer to release and specs are officially released. Even so steam refund is there for you, if game turns out unplayable. 

• Like 1

Hi Michał.

As of yet we don't know. It was promised that the Deadfire should run about the same as PoE1. The game isn't optimized yet (they have about a month till release to do it) and final specs hasn't been announced.

The only thing we have backer beta which is not representetive of the final build. I am running game on a following specs:

Intel Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 

8.00 GB of RAM

GeForce 960M GTX

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

So far beta has been rough, though it got much better with recent update. The game seem to be capable of steady framerate, but it struggles. Here's hoping it will be much smoother on May the 8th. I would wait until its closer to release and specs are officially released. Even so steam refund is there for you, if game turns out unplayable. 

Thank you for your advice. As I said, I'm rather bad at comparing different hardware configurations, but I guess yours is at least much newer if not much better (but I suppose it is much better too ;) ) than my. So if it is not as fluent as it should for you, I have my worries. ;) I guess I will wait with purchase till release, or at least till final, official minimal requirements announcement.

Thanks again, and best wishes! :)

My real name's Michal, I am from Poland, I'm a paleontologist by my education, but currently I do not work in my proffession.

Hi Michał.

More like "Hi, Ross".

The 'can u runnit' page checks your specs and compares it to the minimum requirements of the product. It means that you will most probably fail that test even in case of a small mismatch. I was able to run the Witcher 3 on a 10 yo machine with low settings, and it was quite playable. So long story short, I think it's safe to say that in case of Pillars 2 you are covered.

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

My real name's Michal, I am from Poland, I'm a paleontologist by my education, but currently I do not work in my proffession.

Hi Michał.

More like "Hi, Ross".

The 'can u runnit' page checks your specs and compares it to the minimum requirements of the product. It means that you will most probably fail that test even in case of a small mismatch. I was able to run the Witcher 3 on a 10 yo machine with low settings, and it was quite playable. So long story short, I think it's safe to say that in case of Pillars 2 you are covered.

Ross? Why Ross? :p And not Mike, Mick, or Michael? ;)

Well, I hope you are right, and I'll be able to run it without to much of stugger. Ehh... I miss the times, when there was all that free (legal) demos you could dawnload and check. Devs rarely in recent times make such demos... :(

I guess I can buy the game as an investement in the future. ;) When I'll buy a new PC too. ;)

Thanks, and good gaming! :)

Ross? Why Ross? :p And not Mike, Mick, or Michael? ;)

It's a Friend's reference. Your description sounds surprisingly like Ross's does.

Well, I hope you are right, and I'll be able to run it without to much of stugger. Ehh... I miss the times, when there was all that free (legal) demos you could dawnload and check. Devs rarely in recent times make such demos... :(

If you buy it on Steam you can make use of the Steam refund to see whether it'll run and, if not, refund it. A lot of devs justify the lack of demos this way so it seems fair enough to use it this way too.

• Like 1

EDIT : I just checked, for Pillars I - You needed to Download about 12 GB (11,9 specificaly), but Disk Space Required was about 25 ~ 26 GB.

I don't know if it takes The White March - Part I & II, into account though...

Anyway, this "14 GB Free Space" information may just be the "Download of the Game" (Could even just be an estimation, & is not accurate at all).

So who knows what Deadfire's full size will be in the end.

I noticed yesterday that the requirements were since updated and now the required space is 35GB.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

• 1 month later...