• RECOMMANDÉE :
    • Système d'exploitation : Windows Vista 64-bit or newer
    • Processeur : Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.10 GHz / AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
    • Mémoire vive : 8 GB de mémoire
    • Graphiques : Radeon HD 7700 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
    • Espace disque : 14 GB d'espace disque disponible
    • Carte son : DirectX Compatible Sound Card

THIS IS HAPPENING !  :aiee:

EDIT : I just checked, for Pillars I - You needed to Download about 12 GB (11,9 specificaly), but Disk Space Required was about 25 ~ 26 GB.

I don't know if it takes The White March - Part I & II, into account though...

Anyway, this "14 GB Free Space" information may just be the "Download of the Game" (Could even just be an estimation, & is not accurate at all).

So who knows what Deadfire's full size will be in the end.

So many Questions... Is this the week we'll hear about the Backer Beta ? Surely hope it is.

Edited by DexGames
  • Like 4

These are the same requirements as the original game. Are you sure you haven't mixed them up?

No no, just picked it from the Steam page, (pure Copy - Paste).

Also, I've Edited the Original Post, touching on the First Game.

Edited by DexGames

They could be placeholder system requirements? Also, I don't know if they take this into account or not ("they" being the gaming industry) when they generate system requirements, but if a game install is, say, 14GB, then you really need about 20GB of free space for it to run optimally. If your hard drive has 14.5 GB left of free space, and you install a 14GB game, the drive doesn't have any wiggle room to move stuff around, etc.

I think this is less of a problem with SSDs as they handle things differently and don't use a page file, but, they ultimately still have to have a bit of breathing room. Just FYI for anyone whose hard drive is rather full, if they're considering installing this or any other game in the last bit of space.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

• MINIMALE :
    • Processeur : Intel Core i3-2100T @ 2.50 GHz / AMD Phenom II X3 B73
    • Mémoire vive : 4 GB de mémoire
    • Graphiques : ATI Radeon HD 4850 or NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
  • RECOMMANDÉE :
    • Processeur : Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.10 GHz / AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
    • Mémoire vive : 8 GB de mémoire
    • Graphiques : Radeon HD 7700 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

THIS IS HAPPENING !  :aiee:

EDIT : I just checked, for Pillars I - You needed to Download about 12 GB (11,9 specificaly), but Disk Space Required was about 25 ~ 26 GB.

I don't know if it takes The White March - Part I & II, into account though...

Anyway, this "14 GB Free Space" information may just be the "Download of the Game" (Could even just be an estimation, & is not accurate at all).

So who knows what Deadfire's full size will be in the end.

So many Questions... Is this the week we'll hear about the Backer Beta ? Surely hope it is.

• OPTIMALE :
    • Système d'exploitation : Linux

:brows:

Might be pulling this out of my ass, but I could swear I remember Josh Sawyer saying in one or more Q&A streams that they thought Deadfire should run on just as many of not more systems than POE1, thanks to much better optimization. Which makes sense to me, since POE didn't exactly run very well, even on some great PCs.

Here's hoping. They are also on a newer version of Unity, which goes a long way as well.

• Like 2

Makes sense that they'd go for similar minimum system requirements as PoE1 as they'd want as many of their PoE1 players to be able to play Deadfire. The requirements for running at max graphics with all bells and whistles may be a little higher though., but the optimizations should balance that out.

Edited by smjjames

They could be placeholder system requirements? Also, I don't know if they take this into account or not ("they" being the gaming industry) when they generate system requirements, but if a game install is, say, 14GB, then you really need about 20GB of free space for it to run optimally. If your hard drive has 14.5 GB left of free space, and you install a 14GB game, the drive doesn't have any wiggle room to move stuff around, etc.

Required disc space tends to be bigger than actual install size. Whenever it’s true in every case, I don’t know, but frommmy experience it is usually a case.

• MINIMALE :
    • Graphiques : ATI Radeon HD 4850 or NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

My GTX780 just died last week - by a stroke of coincidence, I had an old 9600GT in a box from my last rig.  This is what's currently in my system (and what I played NWN2 on).

Nonetheless, I should have a shiny new GTX1080 before Deadfire comes out.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

What about Mac and user with a little bit older hardware like Mac mini Mid 2011 ?? Pilars of Eternity is playable in low settings. Is there also to chance to run Pilars of Eternity II on hardware like Mac mini mid 2011 ??

GOG: Ifava

Oh boy! I'm gonna have that handshake bronzed for posterity, then display it as the table's centerpiece at my dinner with FlintlockJazz.

Hmmm... so I'll need you to scan your hand in a hand-shaking gesture, then I'll do the same to mine. Then 3D print both, put them together, and bronze them. Boom. Bronzed virtual handshake. The future is NOW!

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Oh boy! I'm gonna have that handshake bronzed for posterity, then display it as the table's centerpiece at my dinner with FlintlockJazz.

Hmmm... so I'll need you to scan your hand in a hand-shaking gesture, then I'll do the same to mine. Then 3D print both, put them together, and bronze them. Boom. Bronzed virtual handshake. The future is NOW!

I hope you don't expect to pass that bronze handshake off as the gift to me.  And I do expect a gift you know.  Something nice.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Not at all! I would NEV-er! Of COURSE the bronze handshake you get would be a hand-crafted replica, u_u...

Lephys -- crafter of artisanal bronze handshakes. It's a niche market...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well once upon a time existed a fairy taile about system requirements. Specially so if you use third party software sweetfx to get more shadow and color effects. I did run all maxed with FULL HD resolution+ third party sweetfx POE1. I would not call Defiance Bay all areas so smooth performance in POE1. Well it was playable.

Edited by Terminator