Pictures of your Games Episode X - The Journey to Babel

Rosbjerg

Was cleaning out/organizing my drives in prep. for the PC version and these are some of the wee moments, glitches and misc. things I found amusing, from the past year. No fancy editing/slapstick, just fave moments semi-randomly put together. If you're bored (and you know the game/chrs, ofc) it might provide a couple chuckles.

There are no story spoilers, it's about 7 minutes long, and your humor mileage may vary. :p

Most importantly, my drives are all organized now. I'm ready for that Windows Edition!
  • Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, I'm not so sure about this 1st person mode thing ...  :p

Although, it does work. But it's weird, at least in this demo and my starter weapon + you're not used to it yet. Most of the time can't see weapon itself, it just pops in and out at times. Which is good for screenshots but looks weird at times. Some linkstrikes shove you out of 1st person, some don't. Too bad you can't ride chocobo's in Chapt. 1, I hear 1st person is good with them at least.

5jnFy3D.jpg

(will be fuzzy in 480, ok in 720)

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Demo was alright, I suppose, but not gonna give up 100GB of drive space for this.

If you mean cause you have a smaller SSD ... just install it on a cheap huge HDD then. :p

The load times on my 7200 HDD are improved vs. the Pro by about an average of 20-40 seconds. So main loading screens are 40-50 seconds instead of 70-90 seconds, so far. That's not that bad, imo. The PS4 has slow HDDs.

Fast Travel isn't very long loading anymore either, at least in the demo. It could get a little longer in the larger open-world section or FT from one to the other.

OK ... this Ansel snapshot mode is the bees knees. Forget "playing" the game, I'm going to be running around like Prompto trying to figure out what will make awesome screenshots.

wYuQn2P.jpg

G4CazRk.jpg

• Like 2

You can use Ansel mid-combat. And clip everywhere. I am so happy.
it's a bit rough on the HDD tho, when you're triggering it every few combat frames to check things out/clip around for 10 minutes, repeat. :cat: 

S6sJ0GL.jpg

u8QezDP.jpg

TKJ4dZd.jpg

• Like 3

Finally, all the screens I want, and they aren't all blurry. But they do tend to get large. I snapped a 7680x4320 "super resolution" and it was like 30MB.  I think I'll stick to 1080 and 4k sizes. >.>

Clipping through the ocean.
WIcl78B.jpg

jJoSoMH.jpg

4096x2048 - 360/VR screens: Someone with a VR viewer said they loved them. Wish I could see. Most of the time they just look weird to the eyeballs, but sometimes they still look pretty cool even without that viewer.
Ansel-000048a.jpg

Ansel-000049a.jpg

• Like 2

I started playing Prey hard when it was released last year, but an unfortunate patch got me in a gnarly situation, where I soon had no resources, no nothing, and I had to take down a technopath to open a door and proceed, so I gave the up, assuming I was nearing the end anyways. I was wrong. 

I've played this game for another 30h, and I'm still not finished with it. It's absolutely humongous!!

Normally, this is a good thing, but despite the beautiful space station and all the stories about the crew members, my patience and entertainment was ground to space dust. 

And most enemies are the same, but different resistances, and constant nightmares and bad spawning (just after you enter locations or press some button) puts you on the spot really badly, since the difficulty I play on seem to bereave me of any kind of resources (and I have neuromod those to max). I simply had enough of weird plot twists (not yet, you have to go get that code or that gadget and backtrack in places you've already been - and the spawning of monsters are on the level of insane.

The fun got sucked out of the game, and I deliberately ended by doing what any sane character would do. I left the space station myself as soon as I could, using Alex's escape pod...

tPxEL6.jpg

yOAQhO.jpg

QPhio6.jpg

Cool to visit a space shuttle suspended in space...

8A5wCX.jpg

Time to drive it...

IPbjKV.jpg

More typhon coral - it makes wanna puke.

hPuyR4.jpg

I was bored to tears, so I began taking showers, pretending I was a plumber (Nah, the game's pretty great. I just had enough, folks.)

rbcZPa.jpg

One happy family...NOT! Idiots, all of them!!

hIBWjz.jpg

Little bit of maths, and some gaming. Nice taste there, Morgan Yu.

aGd0lF.jpg

Time to leave this nightmare.

PKbVR6.jpg

Those last moments when you know you're gonna die, but at least you brought the entire world down with you (Now that is one sucky way of thinking)...

B1IoKT.jpg

Oh, the aliens taught me advanced coding instead. How nice of them!

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'm finding myself going deeper and deeper into the ETS2 rabbit hole. I bought myself a Logitech G920 wheel and found the rather basic clamping system doesn't work at all with the bevelled and curved front edge of my desk. So a brief trip to the hardware store and a rummage around my garage later and I solved the issue by using a pair of F-clamps to extend my desk using a spare Ikea cabinet door I had lying around.

fs8f8h9.jpg

It's a right hassle to install and uninstall, but that's the price of playing sims I guess.

• Like 6

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

^ I'm jealous of your triple monitor setup.  I might do that in the future for the Murican counterpart of ETS2...  or I might go VR when the next iteration of the headsets comes around in a few years.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Man, at this point you might as well invest in a VR headset.

Would love to have a steering wheel as well, but I can't have it mounted on my desk all the time and I just don't have the free space to put it anywhere else. I'm already over capacity as it is.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

No more delaying the inevitable, time to face Nergigante.  I hope I'm ready.

bq6LtzT.jpg

I'm ready!

hxLE1d2.jpg

Am I ready?

i03vgfs.jpg

Yikes!

V7ZSgle.jpg

In the end, I took ol' Nergi down first try, although it was really really close.  I fainted twice during the battle (third time would have resulted in a failed mission) and was completely out of healing at the end.  Nergigante was wounded and staggering.  I was wounded and desperately trying to avoid Nergi's powerful attacks while looking for any opening.  I managed to barely sidestep a powerful lunging attack and snuck in under Nergi's belly and unleashed a powerful charged attack that felled the beast.

Next time I battle Nergi I'll go full into defense when choosing a meal since I now know he has no elemental abilities, just really really powerful physical attacks, so getting elemental resistance was a waste.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I started playing Prey hard when it was released last year, but an unfortunate patch got me in a gnarly situation, where I soon had no resources, no nothing, and I had to take down a technopath to open a door and proceed, so I gave the up, assuming I was nearing the end anyways. I was wrong. 

I've played this game for another 30h, and I'm still not finished with it. It's absolutely humongous!!

Normally, this is a good thing, but despite the beautiful space station and all the stories about the crew members, my patience and entertainment was ground to space dust.

Hmm, odd. Wonder how you were playing as I didn't really get bored of the game. There's also only a few areas that have actual respawns, though the station "changes" over time, so places that were clear can get repopulated due to advancing the story. Personally I played a full on human-only character stealthily killing anything hostile and I must admit that it was more fun than my pure alien playthrough (that got kinda stalled halfway-ish...). I imagine that mixing both results in an overpowered character rather quickly, taking much (all?) of the tactics out of the combat though.

But yes, the Nightmare gets annoying after a while, especially since it's so big that it gets stuck everywhere so tends to hardly be a threat, just a nuisance (I hid it out each time, not worth the ammo to fight the thing if not doing the alien mod stuff). But if I'm not mistaken you get a mission that will allow you to get rid of it quickly (assuming you don't want to kill it every time) if you at least have enough alien material in you to trigger the turrets.

Edited by marelooke

Yeah, true respawning rarely happened. Rather, the same spaces I'd traversed like 5 times got refilled with new, but still same same stuff.

And that nightmare was just tedious after a while (and I did reach the point where I got to turn it off, and even beyound that (my satellite charges ran out). 

I didn't use any PSI powers whatsoever, I was an engineer (like almost the entire tree), and then maxed out shot gun upgrades and ranged weapons. I didn't fill that monkey wrench branch, for instance. But, as I said, at my difficulty, and the corrupt (?) early save made my resources just dwindle, and I just couldn't keep up with the demand (that is, my needing to kill more and more stuff, since I didn't stealth at all. I faced everything, and sometimes I rand and kited baddies for a while, but the approach was openly aggressive, full-on human vs aliens, you might say.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

It started with asking what's for dinner.

ZGkoYhX.png

It started with a friendly motorcycle race.

NkplvJm.png

It started with knocking on the wrong door.

Zlm6DQj.png

It started with fishing.

tb3GrSn.png

I'm still not sure how this one started, but these accusations are entirely false.

ZCsvC30.png

#thanksanime

Edited by the_dog_days