Pictures of your Games Episode X - The Journey to Babel

Rosbjerg

As I said, I'm cheevo hunting in wonderful Dishonored 2. I have only like six left, and one of them was Heartbeat Reaper - kill six enemies within 1.5s.

How on earth would you do that?

Well, knock them out, stack 'em, and then drop a grenade and walk merrily away...

oZ2jpk.jpg

• Like 4

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Starting out the first mission of the new HITMAN bonus campaign.  I don't have much time to play tonight, but I will later this week and this weekend.  I'll spend a couple hours just scouting the location and familiarizing myself with the patterns of important individuals before I even start making a plan.

fjI18aF.jpg

IO Interactive saw fit to give me this most excellent coin to use in the game.  Granted, it doesn't work any better or worse than the regular coin, but it's prettier and a symbol of recognition that I am an awesome assassin.  :biggrin:

30yOhfc.jpg

Extra stylish Cowboy 47 on the job. 

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

For public use.

sIkw8jw.png

Heh, this must be the European Cartoon Tradition mod you accidentally downloaded.

Just think of Tintin and Snowy:

Tintin_and_Snowy.png

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Alright, as promised, I was gonna back to you on my Dishonored 2 runs and my attempt to get all the cheevos.

Right off the bat, I must say that I rarely do hunt achievements this seriously. I enjoy them, and usually I'm happy when they are there.

However, when we're talking those games that I love the most, they can start to become more important.

Now, I am immensely happy to report that I've got 100% completion on Dishonored 2.

A text popped up: "You've unlocked every single achievement. Congratulations!"

Nice little extra Steam feature I wasn't aware of. The last time I did all achievements in a Steam game was Civilization V, which took me like 400h, IIRC, but I don't recall any such message.

Speaking of hours, it took me 108h to do 100% completion, but then I had restricted myself to three playthroughs, and the first one was my silent, never spotted, and clean hands run, so that took like 55h, since I tried to play it slow and slightly completionist.

My second playthrough was with Emily Kaldwin again, but now the rather tough one "Sword and Steel", that is, using no supernatural powers at all.

This made it perfect to get the 60% of all loot achievement, since every rune in the game turned into 200 gold, and the goal, I think was 20,000 gold, so I had that in the bag already in Mission 6 out of 9. I also used that 2nd playthrough to get all the tedious and slightly nervous all-through-the-game achievements (if you get them wrong, you have to do them on a new playthrough), like:

-Find every painting

-Read and listen to all Dreadful Whale messages/audiographs (plus books, letters, documents). For each stay on that steamboat, you had to scour the ship very thoroughly

-Use your heart and listen to like 50 people what they're really thinking. It was so funny and depressing at the same time. 

-Collect all "hidden" trophies - there are no pop-ups or stats for them, just that showcase and desk on the Dreadful Whale

-Rob Galvani's home twice (Mission 1 and 9 - both Dunwall)

-The dreaded cheevo Songs of Serkonos (you have to stay and listen to three musical duos, Mission 2, Mission 6, and Mission 8.) Loads of people hadn't got it, according to Steam forums, so I was nervous about it. I stayed undetected close by and listened to them. First I let them finish, then I listened to the entire song, till they drop their instruments, take a break, and start again (This takes like 10 min each). I used the magnifying scope to come closer in VR, as it were, since it magnifies the sound as well. I was very happy when I saw it pop up

-Kill Paolo three times (first Mission 4, in alley near Blackmarket), then twice in Mission 6)

Lastly, I used Corvo for a High Chaos playthrough, where I did all violent achievements:

-Sided with Paolo on Mission 6

-Killed 6 peeps in 1.5s

-Sliding and hit a headshot

-Have an enemy kill herself with her own gunshot

-Lovers: Link two enemies and let them kill each other (Corvo could do this thx to NG+)

-Kill three clockwork soldiers and collect their tiny metal plates (I upgraded my sword to max to be able to harm clockwork soldiers that way. I did that too in my 2nd playthrou, since poor Emily needed to take one of these down in Mission 4 to get one of those showcase trophies I mentioned earlier.)

The hardest achievement was one of my very last to beat.

I barely had runes for it, so I had to collect 5 out of 6 runes in Mission 5 to get a full Possession Powers tree unlocked, and even worse, I didn't have any bonecharms that made my possession time any longer. The goal of it, the Circle of Life, is to possess one being and then jump during this one possession duration between five different species in any order: bloodfly, fish, human, rat, and hound. And you have like 20-25 s to do it. I had found a nice spot at the entrance of the Royal Conservatory, but those darn rats spawned way up another staircase, and possessing an undead hound kills you, so I had to end up inside the Conservatory with the dog, jump into it, and then immediately break out of possession and kill it. So I had place a subdued human body by a fish pond, where a single bloodfly sometimes spawns right next to it. So, I begin the possession with a fish in the pond, then switch to the human arm that droops down at the surface at the edge of the pond, and from that body on the ground, I switch to the bloodfly, and that evil mosquito has to fly through a sewer grate, and then up some sewers, and in my case, up two staircases, to a swarm of rats, one of which I quickly possess, and finally run through a steel backdoor that I had already opened into that conservatory, and then possess the undead hound there. It took me two hours to achieve it. 'T was so hard.

Perhaps the most enjoyable cheevo was in Mission 3, drop assassinate a guard from the highest point on the institute. It was like 50m, no kidding!

Lastly, as this is the screenshot thread, after all, some proof of how beautiful this game is. The paintings and the artwork alone are fantastic.

Leaving Dunwall as Corvo in Mission 1:

3n4CIY.jpg

Emily in 2nd playthrough, very early in Mission 2, you see Addermire Institute like a distant islet in the background. She used her heart and listened to all 50 peeps there, since that mission is crowded with civilians, and I had just unlocked a pretty decent crossbow for her as well:

lM4HK7.jpg

67gfgv.jpg

Loading screen of the Dreadful Whale:

PywApZ.jpg

A rather secret area in Mission 3 and the institute, it's not easy to get there, you have to get reckless with an elevator...

R2P9qw.jpg

A Wilhelm Tell moment:

2Pb1Na.jpg

On my way to Mission 6 and the Dust District, with Meagan in the skiff:

h7luDk.jpg

Some shots from the best mission in the game, A Crack in the Slab, where the outsider gives you a Timepiece right by mad Stilton by his piano, so you constantly shift between two moments in time. It's a fantastic level with lots of interesting cut scenes as well linked to it:

4OOvIT.jpg

7zanWO.jpg

A defining moment, poor Delilah and Jessamine too, I reckon:

YIvYrC.jpg

At the end of the game, with Jessamine's portrait in the background, Corvo still turned to stone, and Emily pondering over her deeds.

2vO4D6.jpg

Karnaca by night:

GjmT5R.jpg

7uRVf9.jpg

Karnaca at dusk. First, Jindosh's mansion, and then up on his on suite balcony with the allegedly "best view in Karnaca":

r9eEgR.jpg

wShot0.jpg

And here's Sokolov, saved from the clutches of Jindosh, going down in the tranny line, at the end of Mission 4:

EhY2SQ.jpg

• Like 5

@Bendu

Monk-space-pirate-magical 2-tail cat! I like fantasy cats.

That bunny is a little scary, however.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Here's another love letter with pics from the wonderful world of Dishonored,

and  this time, it's screenies from my first playthrough of Death of the Outsider, which I of course did without getting detected, spotted, and I didn't kill anyone. 

If there is one game in my life which has immersion right on the nail, it's these games for me. The level of detail in everything: architecture, art, furnishing, interiors, exteriors, decorations, ornaments, ambience, sound effects, voice overs, it's enough to make me want to spend time in the game. I've caught myself just running around or just sitting somewhere and taking it all in, as if I were in a real, living breathing world.

Some of the paintings depict spooky folklore á la urban Grimm brothers:

d9oKEJ.jpg

This tale is about a nighmare visiting people's flats in the middle of the night, while they're all asleep. *Brr*

VAbK1Y.jpg

Here's another. The quality of these paintings are extremely high. Arkane's artists are extremely talented.

And all of the statues and stuffed animals - who came up with all this? Geniuses!

W0he6h.jpg

hQKAMd.jpg

8OWhYP.jpg

xrLvJ7.jpg

And the design of interiors, exteriors, lightning and ambient particle effects, it's like masterpieces, great photos in their own right, but nope. I can move around in these environments. Breathtaking!

dKjrXH.jpg

ZPKYsQ.jpg

WWtEle.jpg

85jVW3.jpg

HZiSn0.jpg

Even ads, posters, and simple drawings are so convincing, and often funny, important clues or absolutely central to the plot...

3cj70h.jpg

RVygrL.jpg

5C1Brr.jpg

CX6f7e.jpg

QKfrsp.jpg

Just to give you an idea of how much time I spend on my first playthrough, here's the first chapter, and I almost found all the coins and the lot.

flUapQ.jpg

Sometimes, this almost makes me question everyone who claims that computer games are too expensive. I mean, the value for money is supreme.

• Like 3

Completed Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (without DLC). Pretty much as expected - good graphics, bad controls, bearable story. Though, I turned off the music at some point and there were no MD gameplay sequences, only cut-scenes.

iRiuwlT.png

2xgbZpX.png

dX6XHYG.png

YEXhpA8.png

QRdsPed.png

• Like 2

@Bendu

Monk-space-pirate-magical 2-tail cat! I like fantasy cats.

A speaking monk-space-pirate-magical 2-tail cat! And in the scene he is drunk and dancing.  :lol:

That bunny is a little scary, however.

Well, he has to protect the waifu! :p

20171110163428_1khuq6.jpg

20171110184926_1p8u6i.jpg

20171110185127_11fu3s.jpg

20171111180540_1rmufw.jpg

20171111180806_181ume.jpg

• Like 1

On a quest to find a missing cat.

XXfQXtS.png

Neither of these are the cat we're looking for.

RcBvt3N.png

Nor is this one.

fFbYAPg.png

This whole fetch quest thing isn't going so well. We need to regroup.

LldEKoZ.png

Brilliant!

LO1FG9T.png

PrpjqqW.png

If he's the boss, he must know where his peon is. Let's ask 'em.

ErtUiQn.png

Apparently the lost kitten is under the cat leader's protection. I don't want to start a turf war so I'll send the kid in for negotiations.

S01tbhg.png

Whew. All's well that ends well.

N20rhSb.png

In all seriousness, I really enjoyed this quest.

• Like 1

The character editor in Comrades is simple-ish but isn't too bad. I didn't mess with it too much but easy to make this:
FFXV-Comrades-00001.jpg

The environment lighting really changes hair color.
FFXV-Comrades-00002.jpg

Eye glasses for sale in the store, a must buy!
FFXV-Comrades-00003.jpg

And a new casual shirt. The uniform was too restricting. :p
FFXV-Comrades-00004.jpg

You can make/use up to 8 Avatars. I'll have to make a K-pop star male dude next. Because, reasons.
...I did play the actual game a bit, too. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts