RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - 'NON-FAKE-NEWS EDITION'

Rosbjerg

Looks interesting, but also kinda bad. Is there any approximated release date yet? That video looks to me as if they need *at least* another full year. Lack of details (everything around the buildings was completely empty), weak ai, trash mobs having weird movement and clipping into the environment, etc. There's still a lot to do here.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

waiting for that to be done and over with so they can get back to making more shadowrun games. cracks whip

The video above is from the Piranha Games MechWarrior, not HBS's Battletech.

Ty though HBS needs to hurry TF up so they can get back to more shadowrun games.

waiting for that to be done and over with so they can get back to making more shadowrun games. cracks whip

Ty though HBS needs to hurry TF up so they can get back to more shadowrun games.

Meh, the world needs more Battletech/Mechwarrior games more than it does Shadowrun :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Meh, the world needs more Battletech/Mechwarrior games more than it does Shadowrun :p

It already does by a good margin. Battle tech has about 25 video games counting HBS and the other. Shadowrun only has 8 video games out.

Also in terms of genre, RPGs abound whereas 'mech combat games don't.  

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

But how many of them came out in the past few years? Battletech was pretty much dead until the mediocre MWO arrived.

According to the wiki, from 1988-2006 they had 19 games in 18 years. I wouldn't say dead, I'd say taking a well deserved rest lol.

Besides u got plenty of games taking advantage of mechs like hawken, black light, and Titan Fall.

Cyberpunk needs some loving.

But I'm just saying get these games done so y'all can enjoy them so then they can get to the games I enjoy as quickly as possible because I'm impatient when it comes to games. Hopefully we will get some news on cyberpunk 2077 soon and that will scratch my itch for years while y'all have fun running around in giant mechs :)

Also in terms of genre, RPGs abound whereas 'mech combat games don't.  

Need more tactical mech RPGs.

I miss Front Mission 2.

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I liked the Earthsiege/Starsiege/Cyberstorm games but never cared for the Tribes spinoffs

You used to be cool, man. 

Tribes 1 is the greatest FPS in my opinion.

• Like 1

That's why it lost me

FPS are one of my least liked type of games

The only first person game I've ever liked that wasn't a simulator was Bloodlines. It's the reason I still can't get through New Vegas.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Just replayed ME3. Well, I stopped after the Cerberus base because it gets boring after that. They should have taken a page from ME2 where there was this kind of 'Dirty Dozen' vibe going on, you were building a team and it was all culminating in final mission impossible thing you were going to do. 

Instead they slow your movement speed down and drown you in exposition. It gets self indulgent and masturbatory, and really it's all just hiding 3 different endings. Where is the bossfight. The bossfight in ME2 was good. Good enough anyway. Don't take away player agency and assume we are going to care about the story for an extended non skippable segment. That's assuming too much.

Shame about Andromeda. 

• Like 2

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Mass Effect 2 was very well executed, even if "collect 12 map pieces to unlock final boss" is not the greates storyline, but players like it. Players have tendencies to disrespect main quest and doing everything else. ;-)

RIP Bioware, DAI wasnt that bad, but i doubt EA will let them do anything halfdecent.

Edited by evilcat

Collect a galactic map piece was basically the plot of The Force Awakens... so it's hard to knock them there. Like you said, it made for some fun quests for the player. As far as I'm concerned Bioware died after completing ME2 and DA:O.

• Like 1

Collect a galactic map piece was basically the plot of The Force Awakens... 

Further evidence that it wasn't actually actually a good movie (in addition to the suspect acting, poor pacing, a leaps of logic like "I've never even seen a light saber, which end is which?... 20 second later - master swordswoman") it's just that next to the prequels it's practically Rashomon.  I did very much enjoy ME2's collect a bunch of misfits to form a ragtag group vibe, though, and felt compelled throughout, even if the game lacked a truly great villain, like we had in Saren in the first game.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Prequel hate? It's treason then.

I actually put TFA into the same basket as Jade Empire. Theoretically it should be a fresh take, but instead it uses rehashed characters and situations taken from previous works- for JE its plot and characters are the standard Bioware template ignoring most of the stuff that would make an oriental setting interesting while TFA ignores the interesting stuff that should happen after RotJ for an almost direct New Hope rehash with a few bits of ESB thrown in.

Instead they slow your movement speed down and drown you in exposition.

If you thought ME3 had masses (heh) of exposition there is a good reason for that- because ME2 failed to meaningfully advance the overarching plot at all until its last dlc. Which most people didn't play. ME2 would have been fine as Mass Effect: Recruitment but as a sequel and predecessor it was dreadful in retrospect and hamstrung the final installment terribly.

• Like 1