RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - 'NON-FAKE-NEWS EDITION'

Rosbjerg

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-now-owns-titanfall-developer-respawn/1100-6455409/?ftag=GSS-05-10aab8e&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5a282ca04b7385000793eded&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

I like this quote:

""With Titanfall and Star Wars, EA has been a great development partner that supports us and doesn't interfere with our process for making games or studio culture."

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

People love to blame publisher for decisions that are oftentimes championed by the studio itself. I still can't get over Bioware's insistence that we use Bioware points for DLC back in the day, even after everyone else dropped points.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

We'll see how they will not interfere T3 with all kind of ****ty MTX :-P

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-now-owns-titanfall-developer-respawn/1100-6455409/?ftag=GSS-05-10aab8e&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5a282ca04b7385000793eded&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

I like this quote:

""With Titanfall and Star Wars, EA has been a great development partner that supports us and doesn't interfere with our process for making games or studio culture."

Shadows of the Damned is a good example of what EA can do:

Shadows of the Damned took 3 years to make and the game design had gone through significant changes (five design drafts in total). Originally, Garcia was going to start out shirtless and without a gun. From there, he would gradually acquire weapons along the way and purchase clothes at stores within the game. However, Grasshopper was pressured by EA to have Garcia start with a gun because, "westerners are about guns." In addition, Paula was originally designed as a little girl living in Garcia's gun and would hop around like a rabbit or flutter like a butterfly when her ability is needed; and this would lead to a prominent love story. Again, EA had these features removed because they did not understand the concept. EA informed Grasshopper that, "there's this thing called an elevator pitch in America, and if you can't tell your story in the length of an elevator ride, Hollywood won't use it." This forced Suda to completely scrap all of his initial ideas and had Johnson the talking Skull replaced Paula, and make the game a fairy tale like Lupin III's The Castle of Cagliostro or Princess Peach and Mario.

In July 17, 2012, Mikami expressed his dissatisfaction with the game stating that both he and Suda were disappointed with the end product.

"[shadows of The Damned] became a completely different game. That was a bit disappointing. I think Suda was unable to create the scenario he'd originally had in his head, and he rewrote the scenario several times. I think his heart was broken. He's such a unique creator, so it seems to me that he was not quite comfortable with making this game."

— Shinji Mikami
  • Like 3

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Been waiting for Iconoclasts for like... ever! Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Well, this teaser was more of a "Hey we have this thing that exists!" Basically an acknowledgement to the fans that another one of the dark ****ed up games is coming. Imo this is what a teaser should be, an acknowledgement of somethings existence with enough information to tie it to a greater body of work.

I would have rather had 10 seconds of gameplay, that way I could hear people pick apart all the things like UI or particle effects.

Instead, we'll get flooded with videos about what the fame game "didn't" have ;)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I understand that a teaser is only to peak interest (a 'watch here' post, so to speak), but that doesn't mean that I have to like them. :) In all honesty, I like teasers for sequels just fine because even if I didn't play the first StarCrawlers, I can look it up if StarCrawlers 2 gets a teaser and have a decent idea of what to expect.

Edited by the_dog_days

So now I need to buy myself a Nintendo system just for Bayo 2 and 3... I guess I'll wait til the price drops.

So it's called 'Shadows Die twice'?

New IP!

Bayonetta 3 announced  :w00t:

Exclusively for the Switch  ;(

You have to play Mario Odyssey at some point in your life so no worries. 

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.