What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Random musings on Everspace carried over from the last thread:

Yes, the game has full HOTAS support since patch 1.1. The devs patched that in even though the Kickstarter goal for flightstick support was not reached. I still stand by not using anything else than keyboard & mouse for the game. It is not a space sim and the combat requires heavy strafing to get through.

People who say they've killed warships are either talking about frigates or corvettes, or they're lying. Warship cannot be destroyed because they have no hitpoints (and they never had, at any point, in the versions available to players).

I also disagree that the game has no sense of progression. The energy core and regeneration perks alone makes things a lot more enjoyable, not to mention easier in later runs, and any of the subroutines or gylphs can make for very interesting combinations. Blueprints and crafting perks make the first four sectors a breeze to run through.

Oh and the DLC added a number of side missions, filler content the game maybe lacked outside of getting to the end to understand what the hell's going on.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Beat fractured butthole. Lots of padding but damn the nights were ****ing awesome. Now doing dailies in killing floor 2 and farting around in ESO. It's so awesome and relaxing (yes slow) in that game, u can do so much while not really doing anything lol. Sometimes ya gotta shut down the mind and just coast.

Also got some brand new players to play tabletop tomorrow for thier very first time. Yay tutorial day lol.

Picked up the Necromancer in Diablo 3, seems like it could be good fun but shelving it now until the next Season starts in 2 days.

Installing Observer right now and I've been eyeballing Hellblade, it wasn't on sale in the recent Stam sales but I'm rather tempted to get it full price due to all the good things I keep hearing about the game.

Beat fractured butthole. Lots of padding but damn the nights were ****ing awesome. Now doing dailies in killing floor 2 and farting around in ESO. It's so awesome and relaxing (yes slow) in that game, u can do so much while not really doing anything lol. Sometimes ya gotta shut down the mind and just coast.

Also got some brand new players to play tabletop tomorrow for thier very first time. Yay tutorial day lol.

Was the main story any better than Stick of Truth? That was the only thing I didn't really care for in that one, but maybe that's just me not caring for South Park story telling past the initial few seasons. Doubt I'll pick up the sequel any time soon or at all assuming SOT is the better game.

I am back to ArmA3, preparing a new campaign, writing design document, setting up everything... I'm so stressed out, because I have only little time and I want to pitch that thing soonish.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Sunset Overdrive

It's like Jet Set Radio but with guns & mutants that kill you pretty fast if you stay at one spot for to long.

I love the parkour/movement in that game! It's such a shame that the game is so overlooked. Probably the most unique game on Xbox One.
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

True. It's Insomniac Games trying something new and refreshing which works pretty well. It might disappoint some people that it's a 900p@30fps game but the performance is rock solid and consistent. It made me think the game was running at 60fps at first.  

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Picked up the Necromancer in Diablo 3, seems like it could be good fun but shelving it now until the next Season starts in 2 days.

Installing Observer right now and I've been eyeballing Hellblade, it wasn't on sale in the recent Stam sales but I'm rather tempted to get it full price due to all the good things I keep hearing about the game.

Ha. I just bought Diablo 3 last night for PC. I've played a little on console three years ago and was very disappointed in character progression and how you automatically unlock.

Was the main story any better than Stick of Truth? That was the only thing I didn't really care for in that one, but maybe that's just me not caring for South Park story telling past the initial few seasons. Doubt I'll pick up the sequel any time soon or at all assuming SOT is the better game.

I wouldn't buy it then, I don't believe it was.

Insomniac games is awesome, as soon as they showed that new story trailer for Spider-Man trailer I pre-purchased it on Amazon lol

It really does look incredible.

• Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Well the One X is here and all my newer console games look glorious! Even old 360 games like Skate 3 are in 4K. My PC kinda lost its main advantage (higher resolution) over Xbox for now...

I saw that you could even play the old original Xbox KOTOR games.  That alone almost got me to buy one.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Regardless of what anyone says, it's a nice console, as is the PS4. Glad that consoles are still being made, improved and most importantly, they're doing very well on the market. Now the thing Microsoft needs is to get some exclusives.

Edit: And by exclusives I mean games that aren't on PC as well.

Edited by SonicMage117

I doubt that will happen.  

I'm playing some witcher in 4k on ps4pro, testing a monitor. Now i just have to decide which monitor i want to buy. Don't have room for  TV here, that's why i'm looking at monitors. IPS, 60hz will do, HDR is not really needed but PIP or Split screen would be nice. So LG i guess. 

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Muv-Luv Alternative is starting to bore me. Which is sad because it's the top game on VNDB. It just really drags stuff out.

Started a bit of Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth. Already loving it after loving the last one.

And trying to get back into my latest Tyranny run. I should finish it before I forget about it entirely.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing stick of Truth, eso, and killing floor 2.

Do have a question for the eso players out there. I'm wondering about the dlcs and Morrowind. I don't raid and only do random non vet dailies, I mainly play to do the quests, get cool collectables, and **** around. I've done the full main quest and mages guilds and doing fighters now, and afterwards was looking at doing the dlcs and seeing what they have to offer as far as story so which order do u suggest for someone who's not raiding and just farting around and having fun?

I'm craving for some Star Wars action, so when Battlefront 2 gets released that might push me over the edge to buy a new console to replaced my PS4.

I'm torn though.  There's some stuff about the Xbox One X that intrigues me, but on the other hand I've got a huge library of PS4 games, so it wouldn't make much sense not to get a PS4 Pro.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)