What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

With my travel for the holidays then working 2 jobs when I got back, I've had very little time for gaming.  What little time I have had has been dedicated to Watch_Dogs 2.  I continue to be impressed by the quality of this game.  I feel like it got overlooked because of the backlash over the first title (deserved), but this game is so much better in almost every sense.  I'm also really glad I've continued with the non-lethal path and the fact that the game has so far made it possible.  The game provided me with genuinely likeable characters you want to root for and it's a lot easier to do that when they're NOT murdering and robbing people in an effort to help people.

Motocross races are still my favorite side activity, though Drivr San Francisco (taxi) is the best source of income.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Geeze, that last update felt like a whole other war. We won that war against the Spiritualists, them giving back most of what they took in the first war. So I took my Alliance to finally finish off the Materialists. Apparently "total victory" means an empire-wide suicide and not just them giving me all their planets like I thought. Lesson learned, I really wanted those Awakened Empire buildings.

So when the Spiritualists came knocking again in a few years, I did not make the same mistake. It seems to me that Decadence has passed this Empire over, they still have their fleet. But this time my Alliance had drives capable of keeping up with me, and I have two Shroud-class Avatars. The Spiritualists haven't been Total Victoried out of the game, but they're down to four measly planets and I'm sitting pretty on their two core worlds, replete with fantastic factories and power planets. Lesson also learned, Spiritualists don't do research, just minerals, energy, and food. No wonder they could field a fleet that large.

Next time the war starts, the Spiritualist will be no stronger than a regular empire. And I'll be next door.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing the original Gears of War on my Xbone X. It still is a very solid cover-based shooter.  Going for 2, 3, Judgment and 4 once I am done here, never played any of them.

I am wondering how much more fun the game will be on co-op. I have to get myself a headset for my Xbox.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Came across an example of the flaw in "leveling" enemies. I ran into a deathclaw that was only level 22 (I'm level 35 now) and had no trouble with it. A couple of minutes later I faced a raider who was a level 40 and he alone gave me more trouble than a deathclaw.

Some enemies should be high level no matter where you stumble upon them.

How are the energy weapons so far?

Was doing a EW build and was gonna semi somewhat continue that in fo4.

Also does anyone know if there are any good mods for the PS4 edition?

Loaded up Shroud of the Avatar, the Richard Garriot game that is supposed to revive Ultima Online. I played it a year or so ago and it was rough, but they have made a good amount of improvement. It is a nice looking game now and the interface, while complicated, does seem to give a lot of options. Still, control and hit boxes are still a bit wonky. Reminds me of Elex, actually.

• Like 1

Loaded up Shroud of the Avatar, the Richard Garriot game that is supposed to revive Ultima Online. I played it a year or so ago and it was rough, but they have made a good amount of improvement. It is a nice looking game now and the interface, while complicated, does seem to give a lot of options. Still, control and hit boxes are still a bit wonky. Reminds me of Elex, actually.

Wow, it looks far more progressed than I ever thought it would end up.

Every once in a while I think I should stop playing 5-10 games at a time, but how else am I supposed to finish an average of two games a month.

So I recently finished Submerged (which I purchased during the winter sale), and some game I stumbled upon named The Unprintable MAGENTA. I also had my first successful match of Pathfinder Adventures and have been playing Doom II mods like "Lunatic," "Vanguard," and Valiant.

What I need to get back to: Neverwinter Nights 2, Fallout: New Vegas, and various Doom II mods. Namely Back to Saturn X Episode 2: Tower in the Fountain of Sparks, Doom II the Way id Did and Revolution! and all those other games I will get back to, or restart, after I clear some of the above.

The question is, how many old games you beat in the same year :p

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Absolver. Defeated 2 marked ones (one of them 3 times), which the game didn't count. Also it attempted to erase my saves for some reason.

The most noticeable thing about the game is dodge being bound to mouse movements, though I hoped for it to be changed with patches. I waited for the game to be fixed for long enough to be certain by now that it won't happen.

I finish an average of 2 games a year.

I'm not too far off, but I also believe it deals with the games you choose to play.  Like for me, I did complete the story of Assassin's Creed: Origins, but I play a lot of Terraria/Stardew Valley which soak up a bunch of hours but I never "finish."  I did complete Oxenfree, but only one time so far and it's really only 4 hours.  I have these grand visions of completing more games, but then I'm in a loop of really enjoying a game that really doesn't have a finish, so that backtracks me a bit, or just stagnates me.

And from there, I tend to feel somewhat bad when I see others completing games left and right, but I try to remember that I'm progressing through these unending games overall......

Well to the defense of Fallout games. I do not think, that theirs setting is not very friendly towards elderly people, so max 35 years requirement is pretty realistic :p

I remember back when I started playing Fallout I couldn't set my real age either... I've been too young. Now I don't have that problem anymore and it won't be long until I get Hurlshots problem... Luckily I can easily mod the game to my liking. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

And the Unbidden are gone. The game seems to have glitched, but at least it still ended.

I jumped into their system with the full might of the alliance at my back. It was a tough fight and... we were losing. I'll admit that. It seemed like a lost cause. With my fleet down to a quarter of its starting strength, I retreated all of my units out of the system.

And... for some reason, the enemy promptly self-destructed. I don't know how, I don't know why. But all of the Unbidden in the system blew up shortly after my retreat. Were my ships simply in the way of my allies shooting at them? Did I overestimate the enemy fleet when I retreated? Do they have some sort of siphon weapon that caused them to use my ships to replenish their own strength, so when my ships left, they were left sucking air? Or did the game simply glitch? I'm betting that last one.

Because I regrouped my fleet quickly and re-entered the system with allies again. The... dimensional portal claimed to be unattackable. There were no anchors. Two more Unbidden fleets spawned, we killed them, and the game claimed the Unbidden were defeated. But the portal remained. Years later, the portal stayed inactive, but it remained. Like the start of some fantasy story where the ancient evil hadn't been heard from in a generation.

The rest of the game did not seem to get the message. The last surviving Fallen Empire, the only Fallen Empire I deemed worthy of survival decided to awaken to fight the Unbidden menance that was already destroyed. And then they asked me to be their vassal before promptly realizing I could crush them in my sleep at this point. They didn't press the issue.

So that's Awakened Empire number 3 in one game. This was followed by Machine Uprising numbers 4 and 5 in short order. Each crushed as swiftly as all that came before it. Geeze. At this point I savescummed to try and get The End, but I don't really want to wait 50 years for it to happen, with all but the island of a scared Awakened Empire under the banner of my Alliance.

Heck, the War In Heaven alliance mechanic is still in effect. The glory of my wonderful star empire is so incredible, that my allies regularly see uprisings of rebels that want to join me. And the second they do, I get an automatic event popup about joining the alliance, complete with War In Heaven event graphic....

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I started a game of Fallout 2 today, and when I went to set my age, I realized it won't go past 35. Ageism!

In fairness, unless you're a ghoul the chances of surviving past age 35 in that world is pretty slim.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Why would it be? The games have plenty characters that are older.

The age restriction is due to story reasons.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Why would it be? The games have plenty characters that are older.

The age restriction is due to story reasons.

They were just lucky or big enough **** to survive to that age :-P

On the 27th of January I will be 35. This means it will be the last time I can enter my legit age... :(

Time to replay both.

PS: Is there a mod that lets you change your age to 36 and above?!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.