What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine DLC.

Defeated Detlaff.

Controls and plot are terrible, everything else is fine. Can't say I enjoy it, but I intend to reach the credits.

What was wrong with the plot?

It wasn't some sort of masterpiece of literature, but I thought the ultimate "reveal" was pretty good.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So I'm sure I've asked before, but since time has passed, and I rarely keep up with gaming news anymore, I'll ask again - are there any new-ish single-player 3D open world RPG's (emphasis on exploration vs. politics, perhaps) that have a full party (at least four)? Even FO:NV I needed a mod to make that happen.

Even if I had liked FO4 more, the lack of full party in most modern games of this type keeps me non-enthused. I really like party interactions/combat but I also like modern day open world. One of the big reasons I keep sticking to FFXV. One main character and sometimes a follower or guest follower doesn't do it for me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had a college friend who introduced me to Kingdom Hearts on her console. It looked fun, but I didn't have the console and never got the game, but it looked cool. It's old though, if I'm right, because that was a long time ago.

There are remasters for PS3 and PS4 now.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

My AI game with democratic geckos is getting boring. I was expecting a crisis to show up, but it never did. The most excitement going on is it seems like half the galaxy are federation builders now, building their own federations. It's starting to create a very awkward balkanization where the two major federations go to war, liberate some planets from each other, creating federation builders. Then those federation builders team up and create their own federation... If federations could be merged, I imagine they would have done that. But since they can't, it's wars of pointless liberation all the way down.

In the game I'm actually playing, I had a hard fight against my nearest neighbor to make them a vassal. And only won through savescumming and lucky timing. My main problem is I made my race slow breeders. Everyone else is at four or five planets and I've not even filled up my starter. Anyway, the victory clench came when I was about to start taking out the enemy's warp gates to prevent pursuit, only for them to slip in and attack my vassal. Between me, my vassal, and the local station, we finally beat them, gaining a whopping 37% warscore, putting us just shy of a victory for my demand. Then four days later weariness incremented and they surrendered.

Now I have two strong vassals and more fleet cap than I can reasonably build ships right now.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dark Souls 3. This is my third false start. 

I start out with a strength build because that's good in the beginning, then I get bored with only doing mele and invest in sorcery and eventually I have gimped myself being unable to do anything well. Currently a sorcerer who is also a pyromancer and uses a claymore. 

Yeah, it's happening again. Maybe I should just spend souls on increasing my health bar from now on. 

Certain moves are kinda broken though. Still can't reliably kick. I mean I can get into a grove and do 10 in a row, then I stand somewhere else and get nothing but fast attacks. They should really fix that. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

So I'm sure I've asked before, but since time has passed, and I rarely keep up with gaming news anymore, I'll ask again - are there any new-ish single-player 3D open world RPG's (emphasis on exploration vs. politics, perhaps) that have a full party (at least four)? Even FO:NV I needed a mod to make that happen.

Even if I had liked FO4 more, the lack of full party in most modern games of this type keeps me non-enthused. I really like party interactions/combat but I also like modern day open world. One of the big reasons I keep sticking to FFXV. One main character and sometimes a follower or guest follower doesn't do it for me.

+1

Let me know if you find any. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Dark Souls 3. This is my third false start. 

I start out with a strength build because that's good in the beginning, then I get bored with only doing mele and invest in sorcery and eventually I have gimped myself being unable to do anything well. Currently a sorcerer who is also a pyromancer and uses a claymore. 

Yeah, it's happening again. Maybe I should just spend souls on increasing my health bar from now on. 

Certain moves are kinda broken though. Still can't reliably kick. I mean I can get into a grove and do 10 in a row, then I stand somewhere else and get nothing but fast attacks. They should really fix that.

My solution was to never do a kick throughout any of the three Dark Souls games. Even if I could get it to work 90% of the time, that 10% would surely get me killed.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

You can kick in Souls games? :-O

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It's not their fault people can't do 2 actions in sync to perform a kick :p  It's like jumping. Normal players jump only when they really have to, if they can manage to pull it off. xD

And you cannot be a pyromancer withouth being a sorcerer and a cleric as well, at least your won't be any good.  And then you're basically Dark user as well, throwing around Bleed miracles, raping bosses left and right. 

Besides you really should be playing Bloodborne instead. ( If you're on PC then who cares about you. :p

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Yeah, about that. IT DOESEN'T WORK. Performing a move in a game should not be a challenge in itself. The challenge should be in the game. 

Speaking of Bloodbourne, it doesn't have any 'temperamental' moves e.i. the ones that might decide not to work when you do them.

Of course I'm on a PC. I can get 4k 60hrz that way. You should try it, it's like heroin, you won't be able to go back to 1080p 30 hrz 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Hmm, is that on Steam?

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Tis only a matter of time lol

• Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'd sooner try Self-Flagellation Simulator 2017 than that Dark Souls thingie

Knowing you, you'd probably try it very quickly indeed.

Just finished with my stream of Planescape: Torment, and shall be 'reviewing' it live in a couple of hours if anyone's interested in listening/watching/discussing. Next up will be Torment: Tides of Numenera.

Edit: Doing it tomorrow after all.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Sorry I've been away for a while, senior thesis is a bitch. anyway WITCHER 3 UPDATE CONTAINS SPOILERS 

So I dicked down Yennifer (Shani is still and always will be the bae, but CDPR doesn't seem to think so). Made the baron's wife die. Free'd some orphans. Rescued my TOTALLY NOT BISEXUAL friend Dandelion (like seriously, 3 times the game goes out of it's way to let you know that he JUST flamboyant TOTALLY NOT queer and all the male friends he has are JUST HIS FRIENDS HE'S NOT BANGING ANY OF THEM ALTHOUGH HE'S A MASSIVE ****. Rescuing Dandelion sub-plot was probably my favorite. I loved creating the play to lure out the shape-shifting gnome guy, bravo CD Projekt Red, I'll give you that one, bravo. *golf clap*

Also the TOTALLY NOT a vampire ageless morgue doctor was cool too.

Singing more of CD Projekt's praises, going to Kaer Morhen  and hangin' out with my bros, getting drunk, reminiscing about old times and their training days really shows how CDPR is good at taking time to flesh out the little things in their characters. Also LAMBERT IS STILL MY FAV WITCHER, WHAT A GOOD GRUMPY BOY, BUT HE STILL HASN'T GOTTEN HIS LOBSTER SOUP, I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN SINCE WITCHER 1, CDPR!

A-hem *flattens hair*

Anyway, once you come across Ciri, Witcher 3's title definitely turns into Papa Geralt's Murder Adventures and Children Protection Brigade 

Now this time I gotta give major props to the voice actor who voices Geralt. Whenever he deals with scared little kids in the game, Geralt's VA is able to make Geralt sound so sweet and nurturing that, *Ba-dum*  w-what was that? I-Is my heart fluttering for Geralt? *Ba-dum* How can this be?!!?

It also doesn't help that the way I choose Geralt's dialogue choices usually corresponds with my thinking of "Has Geralt had his daily glass of Respect Women Juice, today?" 

Anyway, the best villains in the game are the Three Crone Sisters by far. They're much more intriguing than the elf Lich-King knock-off. Killing his douch-y ice mage during his succubus orgy felt good though. 

Edited by EbonyBetty
  • Like 4

It wasn't some sort of masterpiece of literature, but I thought the ultimate "reveal" was pretty good.

Boring and mostly linear.

Murdered: Soul Suspect was even more linear, but it didn't pretend to be an action-RPG (except QTEs), and the story was more intriguing and the characters more reliable (except the main villain).

Though, TW3 boss battles would be interesting, if the controls were better. As it is, the game strongly reminds of that GTA: Vice City mission, where the player needed to drive the questgiver to hospital (Cassidy, I think), while being intoxicated.

Edit. Didn't know that anyone else is playing TW3 now. My apologies for the spoilers, if I posted any.

Edited by Hawke64

Boring and mostly linear.

Murdered: Soul Suspect was even more linear, but it didn't pretend to be an action-RPG (except QTEs), and the story was more intriguing and the characters more reliable (except the main villain).

Though, TW3 boss battles would be interesting, if the controls were better. As it is, the game strongly reminds of that GTA: Vice City mission, where the player needed to drive the questgiver to hospital (Cassidy, I think), while being intoxicated.

Edit. Didn't know that anyone else is playing TW3 now. My apologies for the spoilers, if I posted any.

I thought the plot was pretty good, considering who was behind it all and how it all came to be about.

In any case ...

The Fallout 4 companion "like" system is amusing.  I brought Cait along and executed this innocent woman in cold blood with a head shot and got the "Cait liked that" message.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I liked the GTA4 DLCs more than the main game. In fact, I never finished the main game while I did finish the DLCs.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I liked IV a whole lot more than V in general.

Also, while we're at it: I really don't get what is so appealing about GTA V: Online. I'd be ready to give R* another 30 bucks for more single-player content but sadly, pretty much every story mission that they have created post-launch is for GTA: Online only. 

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

GTA 4 lost me when I kept constantly get blasted by my cousin wanting to go bowling and quilt tripping me every 5 mins...

Restarting up FO1 and hopefully do a full first time FO2 run. Fonv is amazing still but offline and I've modded the **** outta it, I gotta wait to redownload from GoG and spend hours trying to figure out what mods I wanna use that won't let it crash every 45 mins.

I'll just start this war to see what their fleet is like, then go to bed in 5 minutes...

An hour later, I have a new vassal. It's fun kiting around superior forces until I can corner them between me and the vassals that have come to assist me. I think I'll make my next conquest a tributary, I need more income.

Concerns: I'm not far from both the Isolationists and the Observers. If either awakens, they'll run right into my vassals and that could be trouble for me. But luckily I don't look very powerful since I only have 4 planets. If the Isolationist awakens, it'll run into my Tributary. It means I won't have to go to war to help, but it would also cripple my economy. More reason to start grabbing others for Tribute.