What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

It's not my first time playing. But it is my first time playing long enough to see a crisis! I'm pretty excited.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I finally beat Dragon's Dogma

You are aware you need to beat it twice to get the full story "reveal"? ;)

Though I guess most here will have figured out what would/could happen after the first time through...

I only really beat the main story, because I wanted to uninstall it and move on quickly. I have so much more quests in the game but didn't want to put in like 200+ hours to it :p

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Restarting FONV and doing a build with skills I don't usually mess with. Energy weapons mainly with explosive being secondary. Gonna try to play a "good" guy, not gonna do a pacicifist but gonna try my best to not kill anything intelligent if I can.

Gonna be interesting with melee/unarmed/guns/lockpick/survival being off limits.

• Like 3

Finished "A Crack in the Slab" last night. Great job with that level. Frankly, some of the other levels could have used the same sort of love, just not the same mechanic. Anyway, I'm skulking around the Dukes digs. I've stocked up on everything and have coin to spare. Sad that I haven't even been fixating on getting all the gold in every mission and it hasn't mattered much. Since I'm going non lethal, there are things I almost never use. However, unlike the original, I do shoot some things with bolts and/or bullets. ...And at least bolts come in handy still to break down boards and stuff in order to allow access to places. I should be able to finish this game and Death of the Outsider before Jan. 8, which is quite nice.

• Like 1

χαίρετε

Just finished Life is Strange - Before the Storm, Episode 3. It was.... meh. Didn't had the emotional impact that I was hoping for. Also the story went some weird ways, as if they had to really find a way to get out of it, no matter the costs. Oh, and the Chloe voice actor was real bad this time. She completely overacted with the "I'm so sad"-thing, making me want to skip her lines, because she just didn't spoke how the rest of the game made you feel it... if that makes any sense. It's hard to explain...

So that episode certainly could have been better. Most of the time you're just watching cutscenes and barely do anything at all. Took me about 2 hours I think, and I was slow.

And lol @ all the people who proclaim the prequel should be played before the main game. No. Don't. The prequel expects you to already know characters, and the emotional impact will be either completely skewed, or you wonder why you should even care in the first place, or - at worst - it makes you not even continue with the main game, as you could get the wrong impression out of it.

Before the Storm episode 1 was great. Episode 2 was good too, even though it kinda did feel a bit like "just a filler". Episode 3... well, it wraps the story up, which is OK. I have no problems with that, unlike plenty other fellas on the Steam discussion board. I do feel a bit empty now, tho. Oh well.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

And lol @ all the people who proclaim the prequel should be played before the main game. No. Don't. The prequel expects you to already know characters, and the emotional impact will be either completely skewed, or you wonder why you should even care in the first place, or - at worst - it makes you not even continue with the main game, as you could get the wrong impression out of it.

Agreed. That would be a stupid idea lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

gonna try my best to not kill anything intelligent if I can.

Which still leaves you able to kill most Quest givers, Caesar's Legion, the Boomers, the Khans... and the majority of the internet.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Just finished Life is Strange - Before the Storm, Episode 3. It was.... meh. Didn't had the emotional impact that I was hoping for. Also the story went some weird ways, as if they had to really find a way to get out of it, no matter the costs. Oh, and the Chloe voice actor was real bad this time. She completely overacted with the "I'm so sad"-thing, making me want to skip her lines, because she just didn't spoke how the rest of the game made you feel it... if that makes any sense. It's hard to explain...

So that episode certainly could have been better. Most of the time you're just watching cutscenes and barely do anything at all. Took me about 2 hours I think, and I was slow.

Before the Storm episode 1 was great. Episode 2 was good too, even though it kinda did feel a bit like "just a filler". Episode 3... well, it wraps the story up, which is OK. I have no problems with that, unlike plenty other fellas on the Steam discussion board. I do feel a bit empty now, tho. Oh well.

Still not sure why Before the Storm was made by an unrelated company from the guys who made the original. Seems like a weird thing to do for a brand new property that probably needs another game or two to become well-established. At least BtS didn't turn out horribly (from the sounds of it, anyways - I haven't played it yet).

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

San Andreas is fun, but needs an auto save.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

High diving off of platforms is much more complicated than it needs to be in Rise of the Tomb Raider.  This one platform keeps giving me trouble, for some reason.  It's the last platform of 4 that I need to complete to finish the challenge.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

gonna try my best to not kill anything intelligent if I can.

Which still leaves you able to kill most Quest givers, Caesar's Legion, the Boomers, the Khans... and the majority of the internet.

Lmao, very true. I shoulda said "intelligent", forget not killing geckos but I'm gonna try not to kill anything that has the function to know right or wrong even if they don't use it. Since I'm gonna be trying to complete as many quests as I can, I know i can't and won't do a full on pacifist run.

• Like 1

I need to do another New Vegas run. I watched a little of Algoroth's PS:T run, and now I'm thinking about doing another one of those. He had a hammer I didn't recognize and he said it was in the base game. Glowing red two handed hammer. I don't remember it, but I've seen it if it's in the base game. I not only did multiple runs, hacked all my stats to get the most dialogue options (because mods weren't ubiquitous for PS:T as they were for Doom), and then got a text editor so I could read through and find dialogue I missed. There's a reason PS:T is at the pinnacle of my favorites list. Anyhow, New Vegas could well be in order and PS:T, but I'm determined to finish Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider simply because it's good to play a game you haven't already finished every now and then.

• Like 2

χαίρετε

Well that was anti-climactic.

First off, in preperation for the coming of the Contingency, I decided to fight the Awakened Empire for my independence. Barely after I started, the Contingency arrived. I noped out and reloaded a save.

Then on the reloaded save, all of the other vassals of the Awakened Empire decided to wage war for independence and asked me to join. I thought I'd give it a try. Then the Contingency arrived and I realized their first hub was smack in the middle of my territory, wiping out my stuff while I was on the complete opposite side of the galaxy. NOPE. Reload.

This time nobody bothers trying to start that war. So I focus on defending my planets and taking out the hub. The number 2 hub appears, even deeper into my territory. Then number 3 hub appears, in my territory, but at the border with an enemy, splitting its attack between me and my neighbor. Then hub 4, finally good luck, it's not in my territory!

I destroy the 1st hub, then the 2nd, recover some of my worlds. Then I recover worlds over by hub 3 and contemplate letting it devour my neighbor, but it's more attacking the machines in the middle of the neighbor and I'd like to keep the only friendly empire in the game for a while. So I take it out.

Hub 4 takes a lot of territory from my other neighbor and I use that time to get my independence from the Awakened Empire and steal its Sentry Array. I use my independence to get some vassals, and then when hub 4 starts getting onto my border do I finally attack and take it out.

The Contingency homeworld has now been revealed, but it's not doing anything. I've made massive gains in territory conquering what it had from hub 4 and I have like 5 vassals of my own who only have single worlds. With three more in the process being technologically enlightened. They're useless beyond providing me with unity bonuses and the fact that I'm getting tired of conquering and building up every single world. I'd rather vassalize and maybe eventually integrate.

I'm still undecided if I'll vassalize the rest of the galaxy before finishing the Contingency off or not.

Playing through Hard West. It's... Actually really good fun, if you fancy combination of XCOM-esque combat and choose your own adventure styled world map. I really dig how they implemented a separate world map mechanic for each chapter with accompanying UI unique to it, that's really neat. There's also multiple difficulties, challenges and such to keep the replay value high, aside from the ability of making different choices in the individual chapters.

Storyline is properly grisly, as you'd kinda expect from a Weird West game that has demons walking the Earth, and while many players seem to dislike the choice of making the individual chapters more or less loosely connected separate stories, I for one am a fan as that allows you to explore more aspects of the world developers are presenting us.

On the other hand, the game is a bit on the easy side (playing medium difficulty) with majority of combat just being against Goon #x. While there are several weapon classes with their own behaviors and playing cards system granting characters abilities to mix things up, tactical combat still ends up being rather simplistic due to lack of variation in enemy behaviors. At least AI is decent I suppose. Not... Good, mind you. Just decent. Nonetheless, I do enjoy the shooting bits as they never overstay their welcome, and they do sometimes make themselves more interesting by having you start out of combat, giving you a little positional puzzle to solve while sneaking around enemies.

Yeah, I'm halfway through the base game and I bought the DLC too, I can see myself playing this quite a lot. Flawed game to be sure, but enjoyable nonetheless.

• Like 2

I need to do another New Vegas run. I watched a little of Algoroth's PS:T run, and now I'm thinking about doing another one of those. He had a hammer I didn't recognize and he said it was in the base game. Glowing red two handed hammer. I don't remember it, but I've seen it if it's in the base game. I not only did multiple runs, hacked all my stats to get the most dialogue options (because mods weren't ubiquitous for PS:T as they were for Doom), and then got a text editor so I could read through and find dialogue I missed. There's a reason PS:T is at the pinnacle of my favorites list. Anyhow, New Vegas could well be in order and PS:T, but I'm determined to finish Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider simply because it's good to play a game you haven't already finished every now and then.

Glad to have you on the stream! Were you 3rdtryguy? I think I recall him asking about the Brimstone Hammer. Hope you enjoyed, you caught me five hours into the stream and I was probably not too eloquent by then. :p

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Hope you enjoyed, you caught me five hours into the stream and I was probably not too eloquent by then. :p

Naw, bud. You did a good job. Heavily accented? I think not. I did get a kick out of how well you managed to get suspect as a noun and as a verb. It's good to see someone else enjoying a game that I've always loved. If it were a book, the binding on my copy would be held together with duct tape by now.

Anyhow, on the last chapter of Dishonored 2. Using the Humanoid variant, I've only had exactly one kill and that was a hive keeper whom I'd sleep darted but was apparently too close to the hive when I burned it. I'm going to play again as the girl next. I always thought she was a good kid.

Edited by Epaminondas
  • Like 1

χαίρετε

Decided to play through some of the additional content for Rise of the Tomb Raider.  I tried a bit of Croft Manor; it's got a Resident Evil vibe.  The damn grenade carrying "monsters" that charge at you and self-destruct are annoying as hell.

Some folks like it, but I'm not a fan of when you die all your progress gets reset.  I'd killed all three "skulls" and was facing the big boss when one of those suicide grenade lackeys killed me, forcing me to start all over again.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

^So apparently even the wussy difficulty setting is too tough for me.  I can't seem to get anywhere because they just keep sending swarms of enemies at me.

And again, the fact you have to start over from the very beginning is beyond annoying.

High diving off of platforms is much more complicated than it needs to be in Rise of the Tomb Raider.  This one platform keeps giving me trouble, for some reason.  It's the last platform of 4 that I need to complete to finish the challenge.

I assume that's for the Baba-Yaga DLC? When I finally managed that I noticed that achievement was bugged and it didn't trigger since the game hadn't counted one of the collectibles. Nothing much I can do about it either since I, well, collected them all. I assume they fixed the achievement, just not retroactively so I'd have to start over if I wanted to fix that. :(

In other news, I played and finished Submerged, fun little exploration game. Simple mechanics, nice vistas and relaxing music. No combat and no way to die. Story is told with pictures, there's not really any voiced dialogue (even though the main character speaks a line here and there it's a made up language). Took me 6 hours to complete according to steam, probably less since I let the game running for the "stay in the boat for a full day/night cycle"-achievement.

Finished "A Crack in the Slab" last night. Great job with that level. Frankly, some of the other levels could have used the same sort of love, just not the same mechanic. Anyway, I'm skulking around the Dukes digs. I've stocked up on everything and have coin to spare. Sad that I haven't even been fixating on getting all the gold in every mission and it hasn't mattered much. Since I'm going non lethal, there are things I almost never use. However, unlike the original, I do shoot some things with bolts and/or bullets. ...And at least bolts come in handy still to break down boards and stuff in order to allow access to places. I should be able to finish this game and Death of the Outsider before Jan. 8, which is quite nice.

I also did this mission a couple of nights ago.  I was more impressed by the level design here than in the Clockwork Mansion because the 'gimmick' actually had an effect on how you navigated the area.  The Clockwork Mansion was mostly just pushing buttons and random stumbling.

Restarting FONV and doing a build with skills I don't usually mess with. Energy weapons mainly with explosive being secondary. Gonna try to play a "good" guy, not gonna do a pacicifist but gonna try my best to not kill anything intelligent if I can.

Gonna be interesting with melee/unarmed/guns/lockpick/survival being off limits.

I did my first explosives build last time, it's a surprising amount of fun.

When the Contingency was finally destroyed, I got a victory screen for having 40% of habitable worlds. I'm not sure why. Did the final Contingency planet count and destroying it brought me to 40% of the total? Can you not get a victory during a crisis so it waited until it was over?

I played a bit more after that, conquering another one of the big remaining empires and making them my vassal. But then I stopped. I think I'm done for now.

Maybe Endless Space 2 will be next. Their factions look very interesting and I love the way they handle quests.

Edit: Also, does anyone want a NA PS4 holiday theme? I got sent one by PSN and I'm not even going to bother redeeming it.

Still Playing Cuphead. Stumbled upon some bugs - game crashed right before the score screen when I finished the final run and gun level at a pacifist rating. Luckily it counted but I had to replay a level to get the achievement. Later on it didn't register my super meter usage during a boss fight, ended up having to replay it for the rank.

Still not entirely sure what to think of it.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I assume that's for the Baba-Yaga DLC? When I finally managed that I noticed that achievement was bugged and it didn't trigger since the game hadn't counted one of the collectibles. Nothing much I can do about it either since I, well, collected them all. I assume they fixed the achievement, just not retroactively so I'd have to start over if I wanted to fix that. :(

Nope, I believe it's just part of the main game.  It's one of those "challenges" you have for each map, and this one is on the map where all the Remnant folks are hanging out (something valley?).

I tried it again yesterday, but the controls simply refuse to go into a dive.  Every single time she just jumps and lands feet-down instead of actually completing a dive into the water.