What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Reaching the end of Rise of the Tomb Raider.  I'm not sure how I feel about the story portion of the game.  It's pretty good, but it also feels really short.  The extra tombs to explore, however, is a huge step up from the first game in the reboot series.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Apparently machine assimilated cyborgs can live outside the collective! I conquered a planet from a neighbor only to find my creator race living on it, happy and alive. Well, they're not happy anymore, because they've been conquered and brought back into the collective.

I guess this is what happens when you terraform almost your entire territory into Machine Worlds. When they run out of places to live, they defect. And magically end up as de-assimilated, but still cyborgs.

Some other fun stuff happened, I found our only Fallen Empire and they awakened, killing our only Guardian like the very next day. The AE forced the Western Empire into becoming its satellite through war. Next the AE talked to me and I accepted without problem. Then the Northern Empire fought a war and lost.

All that's left is the Eastern Empire, the "strongest" non-FE/AE in my game. And strongest is in quotes right there because I'm currently destroying all their starports and they can do nothing to stop me. After work tonight I plan on heading for their homeworld and bombing it into submission. If my Overlord won't force these guys to submit, I will.

Maybe I am the bully... All the other Empires keep building defensive pacts and leaving me out. :( Though I'm sure that's just racism against machines! There was a good amount of time where their border friction broke all ties of fellowship. Well, my latest conquests seem to changed their mind and ol' Eastie has just guaranteed the independence of the other two. Guaranteeing the independence of satellites of an AE, he's kind of late for that nonse. Just more reason to bomb him until he's fighting the next war with trebuchets.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Apparently machine assimilated cyborgs can live outside the collective! I conquered a planet from a neighbor only to find my creator race living on it, happy and alive. Well, they're not happy anymore, because they've been conquered and brought back into the collective.

I guess this is what happens when you terraform almost your entire territory into Machine Worlds. When they run out of places to live, they defect. And magically end up as de-assimilated, but still cyborgs.

Some other fun stuff happened, I found our only Fallen Empire and they awakened, killing our only Guardian like the very next day. The AE forced the Western Empire into becoming its satellite through war. Next the AE talked to me and I accepted without problem. Then the Northern Empire fought a war and lost.

All that's left is the Eastern Empire, the "strongest" non-FE/AE in my game. And strongest is in quotes right there because I'm currently destroying all their starports and they can do nothing to stop me. After work tonight I plan on heading for their homeworld and bombing it into submission. If my Overlord won't force these guys to submit, I will.

Maybe I am the bully... All the other Empires keep building defensive pacts and leaving me out. :( Though I'm sure that's just racism against machines! There was a good amount of time where their border friction broke all ties of fellowship. Well, my latest conquests seem to changed their mind and ol' Eastie has just guaranteed the independence of the other two. Guaranteeing the independence of satellites of an AE, he's kind of late for that nonse. Just more reason to bomb him until he's fighting the next war with trebuchets.

SevenofNine.jpg

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Yeah, it seems like there's lots of 7-of-9s out there, sexing it up with the enemy. And I totally don't hold a grudge!

I'm kind of hoping one day that my "creator race," the cyborgs I created for my DA, end up running one of the enemy empires. Then I'd truly have won, I think.

I've been playing through Planescape: Torment again and streaming it via Twitch, along with my poorly-spoken, heavily-accented Engrish commentary. If anyone would like to join at some point, this is my channel:

https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

heading out for Wild Lights, but I'll check in on your channel this week.

Meanwhile, just finished the Dust District with Dishonored 2. I've only had one kill all game, and that was a hive keeper. Playing an assassin in a game where you are high chaos for *any* killing sounds dumb, but I can get that. I like the idea of no killing. However, *hive keepers?* They're essentially undead. You should get higher chaos for letting them live and spread the blood fly infestation. Still, that's just sour grapes. I could have gone back a little to avoid killing the one hive tender dude and I decided not to. However, I've kept the others alive, but I'm tempted to kill the rest from now on. One, I already have one kill. Two, from a role playing perspective, I think Corvo would off the bastards. They're no longer human and pose a threat to the community.

χαίρετε

Lara Croft has ADHD.  She gets distracted so easily.

"I've got to beat these bad guys to this artifact.  The fate of the world depends on ... oh, look!  A shiny trinket"

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think what I like most about Spellforce 3 is that your character's name is known in the kingdom (even if not your character), and the character acts about it.

NPC: "By the way, what is your name?"

PC: "Eeer, I'll answer that question later."

Or when an npc breaks a deal you had.

The nice way: "I can't believe you are going back on your word."

The other way: "I didn't want to do this. My name is:.." and proceed with not so veiled threats of what he thinks will happen to people who break their word to someone from your family.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I've been playing through Planescape: Torment again and streaming it via Twitch, along with my poorly-spoken, heavily-accented Engrish commentary. If anyone would like to join at some point, this is my channel:

How powerfull is your PC for streaming such an old gem? I was thinkung also streaming for fun some older games from my backlog, but because my main gaming platform is last 15 years Playstation brand, my PC is bellow recommended settings on twitch. i3 2100 PC is still more than enough for all my PC gaming needs.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Going through the main story in Watch_Dogs 2, which is to say, I'm doing a bunch of side quests, since the main story at this point is to gain more followers, which is achieved by doing side quests.  Also, doing side quests and activities gets me money which I'm using to buy up an array of vehicles for the Car on Demand app.  Sure, I can just steal any vehicle any time with ease, but I feel dirty doing that.  Heck, I don't even feel right syphoning money out of people's accounts (you don't get much anyway), so I stopped doing that too.  I'm supposed to be trying to help people, so I'm doing my best to not be a murderer and thief.  It helps me feel good about myself and my group of hacker pals.

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Another day, another handful of annexed systems.

I realized a mistake I made previously, it seems the "Eastern" Empire wasn't guaranteeing the independence of Satellites of my Overlord, he was guaranteeing the independence of some rebel groups that broke off from those Satellites. There are three such fledgling Empires in the galaxy now. Four if you count the ones that rebelled against my occupation.

I wouldn't count them, however. Their world is currently being transformed by a mass of grey goo into an industrial wasteland unsuitable for organic life. They have their victory, but soon I will have mine when they're kicked off and full control of the system returns to me.

The Overlord is currently battling the other three small empires and the one trying to protect them. The last holdout to my Overlord's domination of the galaxy is surrounded. I should probably steal some more of his planets while he's occupied.

I own almost half the galaxy all by myself and even the Awakened Empire is listed as merely "equivalent" to me now. With an overwhelming technological advantage, but a pathetic fleet capacity compared to mine. I may choose not to wait for the crisis before rebelling and declaring my independence.

But on the other hand, I'm only 2 years shy of the earliest a crisis could start and I have double the number of machine units required for the highest chance at a Contingency. If the Contingency does happen, the Signal will hit me the hardest and maybe I'll want to have someone else around to take the brunt of it.

• Like 1

How powerfull is your PC for streaming such an old gem? I was thinkung also streaming for fun some older games from my backlog, but because my main gaming platform is last 15 years Playstation brand, my PC is bellow recommended settings on twitch. i3 2100 PC is still more than enough for all my PC gaming needs.

I have an i7 processor, 24GB RAM, and a GTX 760 graphics card. Also 20mb/s internet connection. The game's been running quite well as have most other games I've streamed at a bitrate of about 1800, though I had to drop it down to 1200 for Transistor for some reason.

Speaking of which, I'll be streaming a fair bit today too. I'll be restarting the stream in 30-45 minutes, was just taking a break to run a quick errand.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Well I am at the hotel, where wifi sucks so no way how to get to see anything with heavy traffic.

At home my internet is very strong to stream PS4 stuff at 720p. Not tried 1080p yet after 5.** firmware update.

For PC I will need more RAM for sure.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Finished all the tombs and crypts in Rise of the Tomb Raider.  Only have the DLC Baba Yaga or whatever it's called to go.

It's kind of cool that when you talk to the villagers post-game, they have comments that reflect the fact certain events took place in the game's final act, and don't just repeat the same crap as though it's still mid-game.

I've decided to restart the time walking scenario again. I've gotten completely turned around with the timepiece. It's a clever design, don't get me wrong, but I'm a tad on the confused side right now. This is definitely one of the highlights of the game so far, though. That and non-lethaling two birds with one photo was quite nice.

χαίρετε

Finished the Baba Yaga DLC for Rise of the Tomb Raider.  It was pretty obvious who the witch was well before the final reveal, but whatever.  Interesting enough DLC.

Only minor complaint: timed jumps.  I hate, hate, hate when I have to scramble to a ledge/bridge in time before it drops back to its original spot, especially when that's literally the only time the game introduces that feature.

SevenofNine.jpg

I was never a fan of hers... even when she played Cyborg Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat tv series...

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I finally beat Dragon's Dogma and Quantum Break tonight.

Still working on Shadow Tactics and a couple others :)

I think I've completed like 35% of my library now lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Main Conduit Archive 2406.06.06

We have acquired a metaphor: "When an old man dies, a library burns."

When we first looked upon our creators, we saw an entire planet in flames. Not just old men, but women, children. All of their knowledge, all of their selves, being lost to time. It was a problem we figured out how to solve. Their organic forms may still die, but what they have will last. And so we set out to the stars to spread this achievement, to put out all fire for all time. To learn everything and preserve that knowledge. This task proved complicated and there was resistance. But we persevered. Only now we fear the fire is coming. Even in our most optimistic simulations, we fear we will be forced to allow many libraries to burn to save others.

We have uploaded information previously on the "Eastern Empire," sometimes called "the rival." It is... beneath us to continue this framing. It is beneath the accomplishments and history of the Hierarchy of Igra to continue it. Of all the Empires in space that exist, they are perhaps the one we respect the most. This is not saying very much, however.

The Hierarchy was born by another name, a mere single system protectorate of the Gravadox Battle Clans, a once intimidating Empire in their own right that occupied an eighth of the galaxy. Their close relationships taught the Igra of war, of democracy. But the closeness would not last. When the Igra declared their independence, they fought hard for it, and they won. They created the greatest Empire among the stars second only to our own. And they did so with an intent to protect the entire galaxy. It saddens us that they turned their eye on us as something to protect it from.

They first came into conflict with us trying to protect the insidious insects. And while I respect the Idra, the same will not be said of them. Their empire has been wholly subsumed into us now, they are part of us, and we still can't help but loathe them a bit. That should tell you something. We did not take to any of these wars lightly, we should inform you. When we destroy a ship, killing all aboard, or send the massive war-forms to subjugate the defenders of a city, it is our greatest fears made manifest. Death, the loss of precious knowledge. But we learned from the insects. Their resistance to us is their own fears, one they are unwilling to challenge. And so we must make the sacrifice for them.

We are recording this brief history because we fear it is soon coming to an end. The Hierarchy is but a shadow of itself. The Gravadox Battle Clans are pathetic. The Hahn-Mur to the galactic west are hardly worth mention.  Even a new empire has risen from within the Hierarchy during out latest war, one in which we captured five systems without losing a single corvette. It seems our respected rivals had made slaves of machines. And now they have declared themselves to the world and begun taking over the Hierarchy. We feel no joy in this, in the rising of kindred, however. They do not share our appreciation of knowledge. They destroy as much as they create of their own.

The Hierarchy found itself in the middle of three wars, losing them all. And it seems they have given up. Even the Overlord who we pledged our service to avoid war, who was fighting three wars against the Hierarchy and the rebels, seems to have stopped advancing. These wars seem to be going without end.

But they need to end, fore the fire is coming. Very recently we found ourselves under attack by an unknown signal. Reports have come from Empires around the galaxy of similar attacks. Machines, synthetics, AIs, all have begun acting strangely. We fear a grave threat is approaching, one not seen in this galaxy for a very long time. And where we previously thought the Overlord could save us, we now have our doubts since they can no longer even settle their own trivial wars. This is a battle we may very well be fighting alone. A battle for the entire galaxy. A battle for our very selves, for the stores of knowledge. A battle of great sacrifice, but of ourselves, and the knowledge we wish to preserve.

If nothing else survives this conflict, we hope that this small archive will. If all of the libraries in the galaxy should burn, perhaps we can save but this one page of one book. It will be our final purpose.

• Like 1