What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

I downloaded Let It Die on my PS4.  It's a f2p hack & slash roguelike/roguelite.  Obviously, the game has microtransactions, but I'm a lot more lenient on f2p games when it comes to that, since the devs have to make money somehow. 

I looked up this game it seemed like it might be a little fun, so I started the download. Then as I watched some videos of the gameplay, I remembered that if I ended up liking it a fair bit, I'd be very likely to spend $200+ on those Kill Coins because one, I'd probably die a lot before too long and two, I like storage space. So I canceled the download. :biggrin: It does look like fun however - I liked the narrator guy as well.

Man I spent so much money on Path of Exile's storage system. So much money. And every time I fire that game up again it just makes me want to buy even MORE storage space. *runs away from games that let you purchase extra storage* :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finished INSIDE. I enjoyed the game immensely. However, I only started my serious run ~1100 yesterday, had time to do chores and go out to dinner with wife and friends, came back to finish, and it's all over. I don't regret it. Certainly as good as a movie and, at $20, it was worth the price, but the ending certainly left something to be desired. Nothing was explained at all. The platforming was good. A lot of fun and I'll probably play again to see what other stuff I can find, but I think they should make things make more sense. Even if the ending is bad, at least make it clear as to what it means or drop more breadcrumbs. Still, it was a great romp for cheap and I'll have to look into it again after I finish Dishonored 2.

There are plenty of interpretations circulating the net but I think things are there mostly for the effect and the reaction it gets from people more so than the attempt to explore a theme or develop a narrative. I don't mind that - I think it's a great exercise in the abstract and oneiric, and I don't really ask for it to make sense; likewise I don't think there is a loss in not focusing on the aforementioned aspects, as I still think that an experience can be powerful from a sheer sensory and emotional level, and that is a great achievement in and of itself. I compared it to music, in a way: while you can certainly explore themes and narratives musically, I don't think most *ask* music to do as much, or listen to music that way most of the time, and much as we may appreciate something like, say, Luigi Nono's "La fabbrica illuminata" for the way its dialogue between vocals and factory samples speaks of the relation between man and machine under communism and so on, we don't hold other pieces back for not developing aurally a given theme or other. From this perspective, as an abstract experience I do think Inside is wonderful and works in spades. Yes, there is also another ending, but it's about as cryptic as this one is and I do feel like the tidbits of ideas that run throughout the game (such as the multiple mind control, and the notion that the boy's movements may themselves be calculated by another abstract entity, be it the doctors or the player himself) are mostly red herrings for what is ultimately a work that is all about effect. Perhaps its through these prompts that the game also reaches an intended effect however. But it's always interesting to see how others interpret it all the same. Glad you enjoyed it, anyhow!

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Splitting time between Xenoblade Chroncles 2, Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition, and replaying Trails of Cold Steel (seriously, this port has been my favorite game all year).

I'm assuming the complete edition includes that DLC/expansion for Horizon Zero Dawn?  How is it?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Splitting time between Xenoblade Chroncles 2, Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition, and replaying Trails of Cold Steel (seriously, this port has been my favorite game all year).

I'm assuming the complete edition includes that DLC/expansion for Horizon Zero Dawn? How is it?

Yeah, the complete edition has the frozen lands (the only dlc). HZD itself is pretty good. I think my expectations were a little higher than is reasonable. During the whole ME:A facial animation dedebacle I kept hearing about hiw HDZ's weren't that far off . . . and they're kinda right. They're not as bad as ME:A, but closer than most other games I've played. That said, they aren't as noticeable without ME:A's cringy dialog. Over all, I like it but haven't fallen in love with it.

I'm assuming the complete edition includes that DLC/expansion for Horizon Zero Dawn? How is it?

Yeah, the complete edition has the frozen lands (the only dlc). HZD itself is pretty good. I think my expectations were a little higher than is reasonable. During the whole ME:A facial animation dedebacle I kept hearing about hiw HDZ's weren't that far off . . . and they're kinda right. They're not as bad as ME:A, but closer than most other games I've played. That said, they aren't as noticeable without ME:A's cringy dialog. Over all, I like it but haven't fallen in love with it.

I meant specifically the DLC.  I've played the main game and wasn't sure if I wanted to play the DLC (enjoyed the main game).

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Got around to playing some Spellforce 3. Still mostly playing rpg parts. Had one rts map so far, then spend more time rpging. But I am expecting this map to turn rts soon as well. That's why I saved before talking to this quest npc. I don't like the looks of her. She looks like someone who gets interrupted mid sentence by an ork attack,

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm looking at my PS4 backlog...

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

Dishonored 2

Dragon Quest Heroes II

Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky

Indivisible (Played the backer beta, not exactly backlog, but at the same time, feels like it)

Natural Doctrine

NieR Automata

Odin Sphere: Leifdrasir

Persona 5

STAR OCEAN: INTEGRITY AND FAITHLESSNESS

Tales of Berseria

Yakuza 0

Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma

I was eyeing a Nintendo Switch, but looking at the list, I can wait a year or four.

• Like 2

I meant specifically the DLC. I've played the main game and wasn't sure if I wanted to play the DLC (enjoyed the main game).

Haven't gotten to the expansion bit yet, sorry.

Dishonored 2

Dragon Quest Heroes II

Indivisible (Played the backer beta, not exactly backlog, but at the same time, feels like it)

Natural Doctrine

NieR Automata

Persona 5

Tales of Berseria

Yakuza 0

I was eyeing a Nintendo Switch, but looking at the list, I can wait a year or four.

Whenever I get a backlog of games, I almost get overload.  It's almost like I have too many options, so I never know which one to play first because as soon as I decide on one, another catches my eye.

• Like 1

Dishonored 2

Dragon Quest Heroes II

Natural Doctrine

NieR Automata

Persona 5

Tales of Berseria

Yakuza 0

Whenever I get a backlog of games, I almost get overload.  It's almost like I have too many options, so I never know which one to play first because as soon as I decide on one, another catches my eye.

I have 290 more games on other systems to choose from...  :ban:

FFXV update patch 1.20 is out now! 32 minutes left to download! Party switching time!

...is it sad that I'm this excited? When Episode Ignis actually drops Wed. I might explode.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Glad you enjoyed it, anyhow!

And that would be the important thing. I'm going to replay it. I'm actually not certain the ending is the end, if you get me.

I mean, the condition at the end is not necessarily death, just seems likely.

I don't mind having some questions unanswered. I've played several games that don't answer everything. I just prefer to have some form of actual closure. Might not be how everyone sees it, but that's how I see it. INSIDE, in the end, was a fun romp and I'm convinced that there were things I missed. The puzzles weren't super hard, but I like having a game I can play to unwind, which means I'll get use out of the game starting next month when I won't have the time to play games like dishonored and whatnot. I think of it more as a movie than music, though, which means I want to have an ending that isn't entirely speculative.

As for what I'm playing now, I was teed off a little by the way Dishonored 2 started. It does seem to have replay value for all that, however. I had no idea why I wouldn't want to return my magical powers. I was kind of wondering, "is there a story reason I'd say no?" Still, the graphics are improved and the game still has fun stuff going on. Yeah, the gradual return of what you'd already had was hokey and ham-fisted, but aw well, it works out in the end. The one thing about dishonored and dishonored 2 is that I don't think you should get chaos for certain kills. Guards and the like? Yeah, spare them. Even bad people like that one guy holed up in his mansion in the Daud campaign? Yeah, probably have a good side sparing him. The witches? Off with their heads! Daud in the story I was playing didn't act like a goody two shoes, which is how I played him. He killed the Empress and then tried to kill me... AGAIN! Send his sorry shriveled soul to the abyss!

χαίρετε

Dishonored 2

Dragon Quest Heroes II

Natural Doctrine

NieR Automata

Persona 5

Tales of Berseria

Yakuza 0

You should go and buy Atelier Sophie and Atelier Firis to expand your backlog even more :-P And I do not see Yakuza Kiwami... tsk tsk tsk...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Well. It's all about the feeling of Pride and Accomplishment :p

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Dishonored 2

Dragon Quest Heroes II

Natural Doctrine

NieR Automata

Persona 5

Tales of Berseria

Yakuza 0

You should go and buy Atelier Sophie and Atelier Firis to expand your backlog even more :-P And I do not see Yakuza Kiwami... tsk tsk tsk...

Kiwami will have to wait, haha. Atelier games, I'm not sure if they're my thing. Never tried them.

When it comes to games I want on consoles, so many cool looking games coming out.

Yakuza 6, Ni No Kuni 2, 13 Sentinels, Dragon Quest XI, Romancing Saga 2, Biomutant, Darksiders III, Greedfall, Vampyr, Fist of the North Star, Tokyo Xanadu.

Gaming doesn't feel like work to me. I know I'll never complete my backlog and I'm fine with that.

Well. It's all about the feeling of Pride and Accomplishment :p

Maybe we're doing it wrong. We should look at our list of unplayed games and treat them like a collection of unopened vintage doll boxes and take pride in that.

• Like 1

More Dishonored 2.  Gave Jindosh an electrical lobotomy in the much vaunted Clockwork Mansion.  Overall I enjoyed the mission but I expected a bit more from the mansion...it was very setpiece-ish.  I was expecting a giant environmental puzzle rather than a big flamboyant maze.

So far this run has been high chaos, what with me bumbling around for the first two levels while I re-learnt the ropes.  Looking forward to a more technical replay as Emily.

Edited by WDeranged

Whenever I get a backlog of games, I almost get overload. It's almost like I have too many options, so I never know which one to play first because as soon as I decide on one, another catches my eye.

I know exactly how you mean. What I do is install the ones I want to play the most, uninstall the others, that way there's an eliminated group. Then I move onto which ones are shorter and pretty much try to finish the shortest ones first. Working my way up to the longer titles. Process of evolution I suppose.

I'm currently trading off between:

Quantum Break - 5 hours in *Courtesy if ShadySands

And...

Shadow Tactics: Blades Of The Shogun - 17 hours in. (Courtesy of Oner)

Both games I really enjoy, but for different reasons. They are impressive titles.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

You people with your backlogs make it sound as if gaming is work. :>

More like justifying the spending.  If you never play it, you wasted your money!

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

@Labadal

For me Yakuza 6, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Atelier Souer and Lydie and on 16.December will be new Tales games announced. I wanted Ni No Kuni 2 too, but when there is a game with season pass, I pass :p

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Made a Galaxy with only 3 or 4 AI Empires and Random FEs. I've encountered two of the AI Empires and no FE so far. But overall I'm doing better.

The key is to balance my production more. Instead of queuing everything until I'm out of minerals, only queue one thing at a time. And then I can respond to issues of power or minerals by building more next. Now I can afford a fleet too!

I already have three assimilations. The cyborgs you start with, who are great miners and warriors, a pre-FTL civ I invaded who are good for nothing, and one colony of my nearest AI neighbor that got too close and was annoying me. They're apparently fantastic at physics research! I plan to assimilate the rest of their species once the war declaration is over.

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Made a Galaxy with only 3 or 4 AI Empires and Random FEs. I've encountered two of the AI Empires and no FE so far. But overall I'm doing better.

The key is to balance my production more. Instead of queuing everything until I'm out of minerals, only queue one thing at a time. And then I can respond to issues of power or minerals by building more next. Now I can afford a fleet too!

I already have three assimilators. The cyborgs you start with, who are great miners and warriors, a pre-FTL civ I invaded who are good for nothing, and one colony of my nearest AI neighbor that got too close and was annoying me. They're apparently fantastic at physics research! I plan to assimilate the rest of their species once the war declaration is over.

I like how you were crying that you were bullied previously and now you are the bully xD

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

@Labadal

For me Yakuza 6, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Atelier Souer and Lydie and on 16.December will be new Tales games announced. I wanted Ni No Kuni 2 too, but when there is a game with season pass, I pass :p

For NNK2, I'm waiting for the "Complete" edition. On the other hand, it depends on what the added stuff includes.