What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Obsidianites, pick my next game for me to play:

1-The latest Batman that I never got around to playing

2-The second Tomb Raider (reboot series)

3-Uncharted 4 (replay it -- already finished it once)

4-The Last of Us (same as #3 above)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

#2.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

OMG - 25 seconds in, I'm dying here.

...I'm a little unclear what this means in reality tho. A purely joke skill SE put in as a homage to the recipah meme? A real skill so you can cook mid-battle for a buff? (Running out of stamnia mid-fight? Chicken soup to the rescue!)

...but I don't care, it's hysterical.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I downloaded Let It Die on my PS4.  It's a f2p hack & slash roguelike/roguelite.  Obviously, the game has microtransactions, but I'm a lot more lenient on f2p games when it comes to that, since the devs have to make money somehow.  Plus, I can try the game for free and find out for myself if the microtransaction system is fair, in which case I'll keep playing if I like the game and spend some money to reward the devs/publisher for not being greedy, or if they try to milk my wallet with ridiculous grind/paywalls, in which case I never spend a dime and stop playing.  When it comes to premium games that also have microtransactions I'll never find out for myself if the microtransaction model is fair since I'd have to spend a bunch of money just to find out if I'm about to get screwed and how hard, and also because **** the devs/publisher for trying to double dip, eat a bag of ****s you greedy bastards.

Anyway, I'm having a blast with the game so far.  It's standard roguelike fare, climbing up levels with increasingly tougher challenges and fighting random enemies and getting random loot.  I really like the audio in the game and some of the zany characters, like Uncle Death, a skateboarding grim reaper.  I haven't hit anything resembling a paywall yet, but I wouldn't expect to until I climb much higher in the tower.  I didn't expect to like the game so much, just gave it a whirl on a whim, but it's got me hooked.  The combat isn't the most complicated ever, but there's a good bit of depth to it with all the different weapon and armor types and having to manage your stamina.  Plus, weapons, especially the larger ones, feel real heavy and strike hard, with lots of gore and feedback, both from the enemies and from the player character.  There's nothing worse than attacking an enemy and having it not react at all to getting hit.  In this game getting hit means stumbling back, flailing around, and screaming, depending on the weapon type.  It's quite satisfying.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I want to play CK2 but I'm waiting for CK2+ to be updated first

This has been my dilemma for 5 years now, as CK+ gets updated Paradox releases a patch and expansion with features I want.. Rinse and repeat

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Every time I try and convince myself to replay FO4, I remember how weak the main story is and lose all desire to play it.  Maybe if the various sidequests made up for it, like FO:NV's sidequests do (though I liked NV's main story much more than FO4's), it would be enough.  But alas, they don't.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Can I vote for Tetris?

Minesweeper is better.

Solitaire reigns supreme

Sudoku or bust.

Freecell rules them all!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Spider Solitaire.

Yes, there is a difference between normal Solitaire and Spider Solitaire....

Spider Solitaire has pictures of spiders.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

5. Daikatana

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I tried playing Stellaris again with some add-ons. And apparently I'm still terrible at it. First game I got war deced by Xenophiles who don't take too kindly to my being a driven assimilator. I held them off briefly and was very happy, but never had the fleet to go on the offense. They eventually slipped past my blockade and conquered one of my planets.

I then restarted and tried again, teamed up with another nearby machine intelligence. Then we both got wardeced by another alliance. And they came steamrolling with fleets 6k+ strong when I couldn't even hit 2k myself. They destroyed my ally heavily and ended up winning the war. I lost like 3 systems.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I tried playing Stellaris again with some add-ons. And apparently I'm still terrible at it. First game I got war deced by Xenophiles who don't take too kindly to my being a driven assimilator. I held them off briefly and was very happy, but never had the fleet to go on the offense. They eventually slipped past my blockade and conquered one of my planets.

I then restarted and tried again, teamed up with another nearby machine intelligence. Then we both got wardeced by another alliance. And they came steamrolling with fleets 6k+ strong when I couldn't even hit 2k myself. They destroyed my ally heavily and ended up winning the war. I lost like 3 systems.

Yeah it takes a little getting used to - I can recommend trying a game with only hyperlanes, in a medium galaxy, with only 2-6 other civs (max 1 fallen) and 5x the amount of pre-space-flight civs. It creates are much more forgiving atmosphere, where the object is more to conquer and/or control the minor races - instead of the very lacking interactions between the majors.

Sort of a galactic cold war scenario. Easier to learn the ropes that way.

Fortune favors the bald.

They are getting rid of different travel methods in next patch anyway

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Yeah it takes a little getting used to - I can recommend trying a game with only hyperlanes, in a medium galaxy, with only 2-6 other civs (max 1 fallen) and 5x the amount of pre-space-flight civs. It creates are much more forgiving atmosphere, where the object is more to conquer and/or control the minor races - instead of the very lacking interactions between the majors.

Sort of a galactic cold war scenario. Easier to learn the ropes that way.

I learned the ropes once before so I've been jumping in thinking it would come back. It hasn't. And definitely not with a machine intelligence race. I keep running out of minerals and not finding planets to colonize.

I think I'm going to drop the number of AI, but keep the Fallen Empires around. I'd like to see War in Heaven pop up. Just need to not push their buttons.

Edit: Looking around, maybe I should use my cyborgs more. They actually have more maintenance than my bots, but at least they're cheaper to build.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Started playing Star Ruler 2, still in the early stages of figuring the game out.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra