What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

A 'bit' of a rage game, yeah. The main game mechanic is essentially doing physics puzzles with terrible controls.

I actually thought co-op was signicantly easier than single player, but then I now have a computer that doesn't screw up the simplest physics engine processing like my last one. May have affected my single player experience. :lol:

Has anyone Played "Inside?"  I'm thinking of waiting to get Dishonored 2 until it goes on sale.  ...Or maybe getting Death of the Outsider.  I'm remarkably open to suggestions and I need a game to last me until January 8th.  I guess I could SA all the levels on Dishonored but that's kind of a vanity thing and I'd rather play a new game instead.

χαίρετε

I haven't played Inside yet, nor have I played Dishonored 2.

Sorry I couldn't be counted on for help.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

For some reason ended up playing Black Survival today. It's a F2P multiplayer PvP game with visual novel UI/aesthetics? The concept is Battle Royal. The players are on an island. They have to kill each other. Some zones are designated restricted and staying in those will kill you. You move from zone to zone, search, hope to find the loot you need to craft better equipment, hope to find water and food to keep you alive, and hope you only run into other player when you are at full health.

Business model seems to be LoL style. Free character rotation, and they'll make their money through skins and stuff.

The PvE practice games I found quite easy. Done some Mouse League PvP. Got into the top 5 on my fourth game, and won my 5th. I got lucky there though. Managed to find ingredients to craft a super strong magic battle axe, killed an opponent with it who had crafted some nifty crusader armour. Looted the armour just as the beach we were fighting on got designated restricted. A couple of players must have ran away from opponents and hidden in restricted areas, as they got executed by the game. One person died of exhaustion.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Screw it, rebuying 7 Days and Borderlands 2 bundle for PS4. Just need something else for those homebody days. Started to download BL2 and holy moly, 7-9 hours for 28GB that should take less than 2 hours (not sure, maybe 1.5 hours?). Proving that Comcast throttles the heck out of that connection at prime time (it's 7pm here). Either that or PSN is just sooooper clogged. Even browsing the Store was a lagfest. Either way, that's why I won't be subscribing/buying any PS-Now games.

I'd like to try out the split screen of BL2 with hubby too, assuming it works. We wouldn't like the squished views but eh, maybe it'll be ok/it's something.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

WWE2k18 has the dumbest tag team controls ever.  When I tag in my partner, I:

1-Can't exit the ring to return to my corner.  I'm supposed to tap LB, but it doesn't work.  My character will either try to climb the ropes, or if he slides outside the ring, will just pick up any objects near the ring.  But he will not actually go to the corner.

2-My CPU partner will not tag me back in, even though he's down to next to zero energy and I'm at full.  Again, there doesn't seem to a be a button to press (I press LB to reach for a tag -- he simply just ignores me), so my guy just stands useless on the outside the rest of the match.

Annoying as hell.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Aw, hell, I decided to get Hitman Absolution. I'll probably break down and buy Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider. Daud, in particular, is a great character. However, Dishonored made me think of the Hitman games. Now to beat my head against the brick wall of Silent Assassin.

Neverwinter Nights. Trying to decide which modules to play. Fan-created modules, that is.

Never got that much into NWN. I played the original campaign and it had it's moments, but it didn't wear well for me. The user content didn't either, but I always have this feeling that I'm going to back to it someday and give it one. more. chance. lol Edited by Epaminondas
  • Like 1

χαίρετε

I finished Kotor 2 with restored content(without droid planet) yesterday.

First thing that came to my mind while going through Peragus was "this is like New Vegas". More skill checks, more stat checks, more choices, it's like they took Kotor and injected it with more roleplaying. Major difference being Bioware were actually competent in making RPGs so the differences between Kotor and Kotor 2 aren't as big as was with Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.

While I do prefer Kotor 2 over Kotor, I do think Kotor is better paced game. Kotor 2 just drags on too long in some places.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

First thing that came to my mind while going through Peragus was "this is like New Vegas". More skill checks, more stat checks, more choices, it's like they took Kotor and injected it with more roleplaying. Major difference being Bioware were actually competent in making RPGs so the differences between Kotor and Kotor 2 aren't as big as was with Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.

While I do prefer Kotor 2 over Kotor, I do think Kotor is better paced game. Kotor 2 just drags on too long in some places.

My take on the two has always been that KOTOR felt like a more Star Wars-y game, while KOTOR II felt like a more interesting RPG in general.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished the initial Season 12 journey in Diablo 3 with my Necromancer. Can't help but feel that the Necromancer is kind of weak. I tried a few different builds but didn't really find anything that really worked for me. My Monk at this point felt just waaay more powerful

In good news I finally managed to open a portal to Greed's realm, the bad news was that it was from killing a Menagerie Imp and that I accidentally clicked the portal before I had a chance to loot anything. So I guess I might have lost out on a mini ... (unless they just don't drop loot when they open a portal)

Pillars of Eternity (it's better than I remembered it), as part of an obsessive wiki drive.

Archimedean Dynasty with a gamepad; the story, graphics, and even voice acting stand strong in this day and age.

The Elder Scrolls Online, for obvious reasons. 

Steel Division to indulge my passion for history (even if the units are not as accurate as I'd like).

Anything else I'm assigned at work :p

• Like 2

7 Days to Die on console - lol I so suck at using controllers. I mean, I became decent/ok with the pc-xbox controller and Borderlands series, but that was a pretty simple scheme with few things to remember.

7 Days it would take me weeks to get any good with combat, considering the plethora of controls for combat and general interface. Half the time I'd probably accidentally drop my weapon or drink a bottle of water instead of hitting something and strafing. Good thing I only care about building/exploring for the console version. :D

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Steel Division to indulge my passion for history (even if the units are not as accurate as I'd like).

Good to see you again! I still have Steel Division installed. Hit me up on Steam if you're down for some comp-stomps.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I got DoW3 from ShadySands' Giveaway. Tried playing the campaign. But it's one of those that has you alternating between factions, and I feel that is the lazy man's solution for having every faction playable in single player without making a campaign for each. It cuts up the flow of the campaign though and forces players to play factions they don't care about. So meh.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Completed Murdered: Soul Suspect. The ending was amusing, the game.. not so much, despite that looking for 242 collectibles (got 204), while completing QTEs with unrebindable controls, just had to be fun.

It would make a better movie, than a game.

• Like 1

I got DoW3 from Shadysand's Giveaway. Tried playing the campaign. But it's one of those that has you alternating between factions, and I feel that is the lazy man's solution for having every faction playable in single player without making a campaign for each. It cuts up the flow of the campaign though and forces players to play factions they don't care about. So meh.

Hated that too

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm losing steam in my WWE2k18 play through.  I'm slogging through a bunch of random matches, with no real rhyme or reason ehind them, while doing the odd promo directed at no one in particular.

It's weird because the story lines in NXT made a lot more sense and had more cohesion than my 3 months (game-time) after being called up to the main WWE roster.

I got DoW3 from Shadysand's Giveaway. Tried playing the campaign. But it's one of those that has you alternating between factions, and I feel that is the lazy man's solution for having every faction playable in single player without making a campaign for each. It cuts up the flow of the campaign though and forces players to play factions they don't care about. So meh.

Hated that too

Feels like I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't. :p

Gave the game a spin a few weeks ago when it was free to try and I dunno. The first few missions were just boring. Hopefully it picks up later.

My take on the two has always been that KOTOR felt like a more Star Wars-y game, while KOTOR II felt like a more interesting RPG in general.

I agree. For me what made Kotor 2 more interesting is that it took pretty much every element from Kotor(story or otherwise) and gave them more depth.

I was thinking about pacing and Kotor 2 some more and I think I might have gotten it wrong. I think it's more about the fact the Jedi Masters don't know anything new about the Sith threat. So when I find another Jedi Master it doesn't feel like story progresses in any way. In first Kotor every time I found a Star Map, I'm told I got bit closer to Star Forge, and I felt like the story progressed. In Kotor 2 I'm told they don't know ****. So no progress.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Just got Mortal Kombat X Platinum Trophy. Played it properly (no lazy ass grind strategies) so it took me 95 hours and 30 minus (+- some). Still missing one skin for Liu Kang. Need to do 213 special moves or 21 ranked wins to unlock him (I bet the special moves are much easier for me :D ), and then I can put the game to rest.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Still infatuated with Dishonored 2.  My only criticism so far is that some of the notes you can find are shoddily written.  I also thought the identity of the Crown Killer was a bit of a damp squib, even if the actual mission and location itself was excellent.

About to gain access to the Clockwork Mansion, giddy with anticipation  :dancing:

Hated that too

Feels like I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't. :p

Gave the game a spin a few weeks ago when it was free to try and I dunno. The first few missions were just boring. Hopefully it picks up later.

You might be :p

Same thing happened with Grey Goo which caused me to quit shortly after. Now I skip all RTS games (not that there are many coming out nowadays) until I know for sure if the campaign alternates factions or not

Free games updated 3/4/21