What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Finished Uncharted The Lost Legacy.  Pretty good overall.  The end was the typical run and gun marathon.

Minor issue: unskippable credits.  Can't fast forward them, can't skip them outright, and they take forever.  Had to sit through like 20 minutes of credits just to make sure I saw all remaining cutscenes.  So annoying.

I truly hate this. I know that they want to give cred to everyone, but come on, at least let us fast forward through the national versions we haven't played! I mean no disrespect to the Italian, Spanish, French, and German QA guys, but I tell you what, don't make them sit through the US ones if they don't want and we'll call it even.

χαίρετε

FFXV's HDR setting via the Pro and cheap 4k TV looks terrible. Colors and contrast/whites completely blow out to horrid, super saturated and cheap photo filter effect, ugh. Dunno if it's the TV or just a terrible implementation or maybe both. Yeah, I might be able to fiddle with all the TV settings to "fix it" somewhat but why, when I can just turn it off....

Otherwise, once I adjusted stuff to my personal liking, the boy band looks great. I'm ready for that Ignis DLC now.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've put in about 10 hours in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 since last night. Observations:

1) I think there's some localization/censorship going on in this game. At one point a character vomits during a cut scene and there was no vomit shown. I chalked this up to trying to be tasteful, because, seriously who wants to see vomit, digitally rendered or not? But then later there was a spout of water and a character was like, "That's a lot of blood." Another point a character gets stabbed, complete with the blade going all the way through his torso, and the person doing the stabbing does that little samurai movie cliche with flicking the blood of the blade and you can hear some kind of liquid sound effect, but I didn't see blood in any part of that. (For the record, I don't necessarily see this as a negative; sometimes censorship can actually improve a game as with Aselia the Eternal.)

2) Combat is a series of QTEs. Much like an MMO, there's button activated targeting, and auto attacks. When an 'art' becomes available for use, you press the button. Combos, specials, and interrupts are all timing based with QTE-like activation. As someone who doesn't like QTEs, I actually like this combat system. It feels like the next step beyond ATB combat, but whereas I despise ATB, I enjoy this.

3) The voices are weird. Not because they all have a Scottish accents (I like that little break from the norm), but because there are some very 'anime moments' with very American stylized dialog. The gist might be the same (I haven't seen the Japanese yet, and it honestly wouldn't matter because I can't speak or read the language). As a result it seems less playful than the animations would suggest.

4) The loading times are fast, but because they stream in data there is that inevitable moment when I'm standing in a location waiting for a few seconds for the textures to load in.

5) Ten hours in and they're still rolling out gameplay systems. Some of them I've already been engaging with for awhile without a tutorial, some of them I didn't get to touch before they were in a tutorial.

6) The main character is a kind of diver so he has this very stylized diving suit with the helmet on a hing so he can take it on and off without forgetting where it is, I guess. Anyway, you can't unattach the helmet from the suit and there are no full outfit changes. This helmet maybe what does what backtracking in Mass Effect Andromeda nearly finished: drive me insane.

Overall, I'm enjoying it, madness included.

Edited by the_dog_days

Oh, Playstation, you try your hardest to make me annoyed with you.  I'm trying to re-download all the extra DLCs for various games on my old system to my new one, but each time I get the "waiting to install" message.  When I click on "start", it then tells me that the application is not available and to check the Sony Store.  Even when I do that and download it directly from the store, it still sits in my queue as "waiting to install".

I've looked up quite a few fixes online, tried them, and it still doesn't seem to work.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ghosted the first of Daud's missions. I was almost done and had to take some time away at which point I got mixed up with Granny's recipe and the whatnot. I shrugged and restarted. No kills, no detections. ...But, damn it, two of the sleeping jackasses were spotted... at which point I choked each of them out. I only had three guards I didn't subdue the whole mission and that's because they stood gossiping like murderous old women and I didn't want to be detected when I sleep darted them.

χαίρετε

Playing the 'Moving My Stuff To A New House' game. The matchmaking was awful but I finally got to find a game.

Finished that a month ago. It's incredible how much unnecessary **** did developers manage to cram into the space of "My old apartment"
  • Like 6

Good thing about my new 'game' is that it offers near unlimited storage capacity(a very nice cellar that I would have immediately turned into a game room if it had heating/cooling system).

On other news: I am back to playing Skyward Sword. After 20 hours it is still a very entertaining and refreshing game and boy, is this game long! I think I have some 15-20 hours until I reach the games finale. Planning on finishing The Minish Cap after that and hopefully by that time I'll have enough money to buy a Nintendo Switch + Breath of the Wild.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Getting railroaded into an obvious betrayal in Dishonored was more insulting than anything Bethesda ever came up with.

If I got upset by computer game stories and plots unfolding in predictable ways, I would not have played more than a dozen PC games in 35+ years.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I finished off some of the treasures in UC Lost Legacy, so I think I'm done with the game now.  Not sure what to play now.  Stupid DLC acting up isn't helping things.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Played 2 hour GT3 race of Project CARS in LeMans as a part of Multiclass World Endurance Championship. I have done few mistakes during the course, and because of that, I was more than half of the race in the last 3 positions of the GT3 grid. But due to my decision to go for pits only once and using full tank of gas (the pit stop took due to 130L tankage 1 minute and 45 seconds O.o), I have finished on first position with 16 second lead \o/

Also played little bit of Mortal Kombat XL. Still missing last trophy, but I have finished everything else the game has to offer, so not much motivation to go forward lately :/

I have played little bit of StarCrawlers again, but I encountered nasty crash in 1.0.3, where you are unable to finish one of the first Story Missions in the game, and you are not able to continue with the game. Thankfully the guys are already working on a patch, but it will take some time probably :(

And I have also started a game of Eador: Genesis and slowly having fun with Tutorial mission :p For some reason, I am not very keen to finish it and I am just exploring all my territories and various towers. But it takes a lot of time :D Probably after I come back from my next business trip I just kill the last AI city, and continue with the story :p

The last game, which I am currently playing is Final Fantasy Type-0. Still mixed bag of feelings with this game, but I love it more than hate. so far 6/10 from me on Mamoo's scale of awesomeness :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Find an indie or start some time consuming MP. 

I suppose I could try Destiny 2.  I bought it when it was on sale for Black Friday, but haven't had the inclination yet to play it.

Still playing Dragon Quest Heroes 2 and I've settled on staff wielding Priest for my main hero's class and weapon combo.  It turns out the Priest has just as much HP as the Martial Artist, but much lower strength and deftness (critical hit chance) and much higher MP and wisdom.  I'll take that trade-off as the much larger MP pool combined with higher MP regen from wisdom lets me spam my high power spells (wisdom also increases spell damage), plus I have a powerful group heal (whereas martial artist only gets a self heal).  I imagine the mage wielding a wand probably gets even more powerful offensive spells than my staff priest, but my spells still dish out quite a lot of DPS.  I mean a mage must get something even cooler than creating a black hole or dropping meteors on fools in exchange for being so frail, but what could be cooler than dropping meteors on fools?

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Dishonored was an excellent game. yeah, I know, the 'surprise.' Over the years, I go into games and movies not only suspending my disbelief but filling in gaps or paving over potholes in the story because I find it allows me to enjoy the games, movies, tv shows, and books more. hell, I remember my wife reading the Pale Blue Eye. It was around and I started reading it. I think it was in the prologue or first chapter... anyway, in the first few pages, I spotted the killer and told her. It wasn't because I'm particularly smart. I'm not. It's practice from so many whodunnits. That was a great book and Dishonored was a great game. However, I finished the Daud DLC. I honestly think it was better written than the base game. There was far less of being dispatched regularly to do other people's bidding. The surprise at the end wasn't a surprise, of course, but the way it played out was still well done. I didn't know the exact arrangement it would be, and that was a pleasant change up. It's one of the few xpacs that didn't just give me extra quality time in the game, but actually improved on it in many ways. Not only that, I found an ominous poem close to Delilah's statue that made me worry about the kid I saved from the base game. Daud is, in many ways, a more sympathetic character than Corvo. That simultaneously sucks and is splendid.

χαίρετε

I figured out why I was getting the "waiting to install" error.  Apparently, the DLC was for the old Witcher 3 game that I bought at release.  But I'd since bought and play the new complete edition, which is what I originally installed in my new PS4.  So whenever I tried to download the DLC, it kept not being able to read it because I hadn't installed the original Witcher 3 disc which it was meant for.

Find an indie or start some time consuming MP. 

I suppose I could try Destiny 2.  I bought it when it was on sale for Black Friday, but haven't had the inclination yet to play it.

Yes, Destiny 2 is a good enough time waster that you can put down at any time if you find something better to do. 

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Getting railroaded into an obvious betrayal in Dishonored was more insulting than anything Bethesda ever came up with.

If I got upset by computer game stories and plots unfolding in predictable ways, I would not have played more than a dozen PC games in 35+ years.

You write that as if it were a bad thing.  You could have done something useful with all that time :p

Started the Destiny 2 free trial, seems ok although just did one mission.  Definitely not worth the sticker price as is, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Shadow of War

I think I'm getting near the end of Act 2 because I've got achievements for finishing a couple of the collectible junk already. Had this really weird issue though in Nurnen where there was a constant flood of new enemy Nemeses. I'd go, recruit a bunch of them, then check my screen and they were gone. Replaced by yet more new enemy Nemeses. Hopefully this is related to the story quest I had waiting. So I finished that up and hopefully it's gone back to normal.

Otherwise it's going to be frustrating.

Edit: Googling it and my theory is right. But it turns out I'm not finished just yet. More story quests to do. A good amount of people are upset because some of their MIA guys are pre-order bonuses and high level Legendaries. Including guys with RMT buffs applied to them!

I guess this explains what happened to my Necromancer. Man, he's the only one I've even seen, so I miss him.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Skyward Sword

I've spent 23 hours playing the game and currently I'm...

...trying to find some fresh water for Faron the water dragon.

Absolutely loving this game. Next to Majora's Mask, it might very well be one of the best Zelda games I've ever played. Everything is just put together so well, the gameplay, the exploration, the story and how it expands the lore in the Zelda universe...

A must play for every Zelda fan. It might be a little hard to get your hands on it though since it's only available on the Wii and the Wii U. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

It was pretty much the complete opposite experience for me. Overbearing and super cringy characters and story (with absolutely none of the charm of previous entries), horrid controls and many wonky/bad gameplay mechanics centered around them, really weird and generally unappealing art style (Link's design is pretty easily the most unappealing of all the 3D Zeldas besides maybe the crappy 3DS remasters of the 64 games)...I never finished the game because of how much I disliked virtually everything about it. Fi makes Navi seem like the best companion in existence in comparison - there should've been a "turn off Fi everywhere" option somewhere.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I bought these during the big Steam autumn sale:

Vanquish

Bayonetta

Kingdoms Of Amular: Reckoning

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Remember Me

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow

Castlevania: Lords Oc Shadow 2

Ninja Gaiden Z: Yaiba

Rise Of The Argonauts

I finished Vanquish on Hard Mode in 12 hours and God Hard Mode in 10 hours. It was a great adrenaline ride but I fear a bit overrated by the community as there is some clunkiness and the cgi tends to constantly get in the way of the gameplay. Otherwise, a very good game.

Now I'm working on Bayonetta. Crazy game so far...

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...