What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Finished my second Tyranny playthrough, this time with Bastard's Wound. Bastard's Wound itself was far less interesting than the new Landry, Verse, and Barik content.

And I'm still a little miffed about Lethian's Crossing and Vellum Citadel being exclusionary. I still love the game, but I don't think I'll be playing a third until maybe the announcement of a sequel.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished my second Tyranny playthrough, this time with Bastard's Wound. Bastard's Wound itself was far less interesting than the new Landry, Verse, and Barik content.

And I'm still a little miffed about Lethian's Crossing and Vellum Citadel being exclusionary. I still love the game, but I don't think I'll be playing a third until maybe the announcement of a sequel.

Ehh, if you're talking about the Bane helmet you can trade other artifacts for the Silent Archive.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ehh, if you're talking about the Bane helmet you can trade other artifacts for the Silent Archive.

No. I'm talking about you can only choose to do the Lethian's Crossing quest or the Burning Citadel quests. Two questlines and dungeons that exclude each other when they really don't need to.

Because I chose Lethian's Crossing this time, I didn't have enough evidence to bring charges against Nerat like I did in my last playthrough. I also didn't get the Edict of Fire. And that's aside from me remembering that dungeon being pretty cool.

I doubt that will happen.  

I'm playing some witcher in 4k on ps4pro, testing a monitor. Now i just have to decide which monitor i want to buy. Don't have room for  TV here, that's why i'm looking at monitors. IPS, 60hz will do, HDR is not really needed but PIP or Split screen would be nice. So LG i guess. 

Witcher is a nice game, I am planning to buy it this December.

Decided not to get The White March. It looks interesting and I don't mind having a hail of trash-mobs thrown at me, but not for 15 bucks...

There's actually not nearly as many trash mobs in White March than in the original campaign - which doesn't mean they're not there, just that the base game was really bad with its encounter design and White March improved upon it quite a bit. Not to mention it telling a pretty epic story in itself, significantly furthering lore of the game, adding brand new class of items to use with their own stories to uncover, and then there's three new companions, filling the gaps left by the original ones.

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls does a whole lot more than that and it's only 13.50. :p

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

No. I'm talking about you can only choose to do the Lethian's Crossing quest or the Burning Citadel quests. Two questlines and dungeons that exclude each other when they really don't need to.

Because I chose Lethian's Crossing this time, I didn't have enough evidence to bring charges against Nerat like I did in my last playthrough. I also didn't get the Edict of Fire. And that's aside from me remembering that dungeon being pretty cool.

Must have missed that, I don't recall mutually exclusive quests. Then again I was on the anarchy path, BTW Haste + Sigil of SpellSurge on every second spell makes you a killing machine.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm yet to leave Gilded Vale.

About the same for me. If you're gonna make a combat system that's much more weighty, harder, and time-consuming in every battle than in the game it's inspired by, please don't also have a remotely similar amount of trash mobs throughout the game that the BG games had, which already had way too many trash encounters as it is. The thing was, they all took like two seconds to deal with apiece because of the D&D leveling system (where being just like 2 levels higher makes you overwhelmingly more powerful in the low to mid-levels). So designing a system where every encounter is a serious tactical consideration and you have to play it seriously and at length or get crushed...you probably should reduce the amount of combat in it. Just can't stomach it.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Yeah, I'd play a modded version of the game where *all* the combat is taken out, leaving just dialogue and exploration. Actually, strip out the exploration too, having to creep around in stealth mode to find things was godawful and even as a thief character I couldn't be bothered. Either remove the movement penalty or remove the stealth requirement just to detect hidden stuff so I can get away with never using it.

I know there's a story mode difficulty which is a baby step forward, but it's still just busywork. Or make it as fast as Ultima 7 combat which was effectively an autoresolve mechanism. (i.e. see enemy, hit the 'C' button, wait five seconds, loot)

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I don't disagree with the criticism. It was a slog for me to get through the first and only full run I did. That said, I came back and gave it another shot when each half of the White March dropped and I enjoyed those considerably more than the base game.

And if I'm being completely honest, I cheated through most of the combat anyway because I didn't really enjoy it.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

I bought Dishonored with five dlc off of steam. It's pretty good so far. I just got out of the sewer. I can't yield and intelligent analysis of the game yet, but I have had fun playing it. Most recently, I've played some of a team based tactical game and a classical strategy game along with Wii resort golf and bowling (with family). I have until January 8 to finish Dishonored and if I get done in time, I plan on playing Dishonored 2.

χαίρετε

While playing Fallout 4 today, I realized that the Museum of Witchcraft quest has been one of the better parts of the game so far, even if it's incredibly dumb to have to...

...fight a goddamn Deathclaw in the second floor of a tiny building.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I grabbed Nier: Automata and Hellblade. Nier is going to be a pain, gave up on mouse+keyboard and struggling with a controller (I'm just not used to controller gaming, why did I do this to myself?), swallowed my pride and just put the game on easy for now. So far haven't been hurting my hands though (unlike with Remember Me). Camera could stand to be a bit smarter and a bit less manual work though, imho.

Also plodding along in F4. Still don't understand most of the Settlement systems, experimentation doesn't seem to get me much further either. Guess I'll look for some tutorials or something because there's sod all information available in-game. So far I've also been mostly ignoring the main quests (joined the Minutemen and Railroad so far).

On the fence about getting Death of the Outsider, mostly because I haven't even started Dishonored 2 yet... (actually, I still need to complete that Ghost playthrough of Dishonored 1...though practically speaking I'm done as the only mission I didn't Ghost first time through was the first one if I'm not mistaken. But mah achievement...)

Edited by marelooke

Have they still not patched Nier on PC yet? Pretty crappy if they haven't.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Given that it's been over six months now, I guess it's a little optimistic to expect that to change.

Really spurred on to continue Muv-Luv Alternative now that I find out I'm nearing the end. I'm not sure how this is the highest rated VN of all time, honestly. It's quite good, filled with moments of emotion and brilliance, spread out between moments that simply drag. And I do not want it to drag any more.

But since I can get this out of the way soon, maybe finish before the end of the week, I can move on to Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth without any distractions.

I've got a bunch of them, but have only played a bit of the first Trails. Funnily, I have both Cold Steel games for PS3 and haven't even taken them out of plastic!

I think I need an intervention.

I've got a bunch of them, but have only played a bit of the first Trails. Funnily, I have both Cold Steel games for PS3 and haven't even taken them out of plastic!

I think I need an intervention.

I have the same issue. Own basically all the games, but have only completed the first game.

While both Cold Steel and Sky play off of anime tropes (usually by subverting them in clever ways), I like the Sky series more because it uses 90's anime trope rather than the more modern ones of Cold Steel. If tropy-ness is a mental hurdle for you (as it sometimes is for me with jrpgs), I would suggest playing Sky first.

But I need to play Berseria first! And the Kingdom Hearts Collection! And Neptunia! And... help me...

And .hack GU Last Recode just came out.

• Like 2

I've had a chance to get into Dishonored more and now I've had a chance to take a short nap. I chose to take dark vision over health.

I was hopeful about the game, but cautious since I don't have a lot of time and I've been burned in the past. I'm increasingly impressed becoming downright optimistic. Even the long wall of text sections are worth reading and help put you into the story. I'm not keen on fps melee fighting games, especially ones that require a more or less 'parry' move, but I can get used to it. I sometime miss the old school run and gun games like Doom, but this one appears more along the lines of Bioshock.

χαίρετε

But I need to play Berseria first! And the Kingdom Hearts Collection! And Neptunia! And... help me...

And .hack GU Last Recode just came out.

Maybe we should start a therapy group for people with huge backlog? :)

Where can I sign up?

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

No wonder Best Buy is losing out to Amazon.

I made two purchases last Thursday (midnight, so technically Black Friday).  A bunch of games from Amazon and a PS4 Pro from Best Buy.  The order from Amazon arrived today, while the Best Buy order is still "in progress" and hasn't even shipped from their warehouse yet.

Lesson learned.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)