What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Back to Pillars of Eternity.

I am at the...

...sanitarium where I got the first piece of laeden key from a little boy. Then the sanitarium doors opened...

..and I got rid of the mobs but not before Durance and two other allies where knocked out. I am playing on the normal difficulty setting and while it did feel tedious at first, now the combat is actually a whole lot of fun. Your options don't feel that varied but depending on where and when you use a character you can still use a lot of tactics. I also like how mages have a whole lot of options to choose from. It makes them feel unique compared to other classes. 

I am torn between continuing my current playthrough and starting a new one. One thing is for sure though, if I start a new one the difficulty setting will stay on normal, it just feels right for me and the extra bit of challenge and tactics always helps me to calm down. I focus on the game more than the average shooter and it makes me burn some sugar, good for my diabetes 2. :p The story is the problem right now, I've forgotten most of it and I think starting a new playthrough will help me to recall the story and understand it better this tie around. BUT...

...should I buy The White March expansion?! 

Dang...I'm starting to like this game again. Last night I casted a lightning bolt with Aloth and it made one of those flesh golems explode like a...*cough* *cough*,,,Blood Sausage®.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

The downside of Black Friday sales: I end up buying games I'm only semi-interested in, all because they're half price and I feel like I'm getting a huge deal.  :facepalm:

I took it "easy" and "only" bought two games.

That's what I originally intended to do.  But then I saw a bunch of games that were on sale for like half their regular price and was like, "gotta do it before they go back up in price".

That's why I end up with such a massive backlog of un-played games.  I buy too many during sales, then never have the time to play them all.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Axiom Verge. Today I discovered I'm not a metroidvania-type person.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm still playing Elex, though I haven't had a chance to play for three days and probably won't get a chance this evening either. Got around to buying Tyranny from GOG's sale which will likely be next on the list, with the added bonus of getting Starcrawlers free which looks pretty interesting.

• Like 1

There is a thread in PoE part of the forums, where people are talking about ideal playthrough and when to tune up the difficulty, when you don't want to end up with easy mode.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

should.  im currently doing a playthru as a cipher and having fun on normal.  trying to decide when story wise to do the expansions.

mainly massively enjoying my snes mini.  had a deja vu moment when my son said " im so mad, im going to go play outside!" during me and him trying to beat contra lmao! the ps4 nor his tablet ever made him say that.  But its also cool to see him having fun as well with the games that got me into video games.  

Edited by redneckdevil
  • Like 3

I picked up Dishonored 2, which for some reason I put off buying. It is a beautiful game.

Play through as Emily first.  New set of powers, and IMO, a more intriguing take on things.

• Like 5

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I weny with Emily, but I chose not to take the powers.

If it is your first playthrough, this may be a bit of a challenge, depending on difficulty and how used you are to Dishonored1, as it were.

A brave and cool decision in my book.

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

...should I buy The White March expansion?!

It messes with difficulty curve, but yes, you definitely should - especially now that you're in Act II since it's for level 7-9 characters.

Still, that expansion still pack a punch right off the bat, if unprepared, and on normal and higher.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I really hope that Dishonored isn't done as a series. Or at the very least that Arkane isn't done with this genre of game. It's my absolute favorite, from SS and Deus Ex to Dishonored. But apparently sales were sort of floundering this past year. Which is why I'm hoping we'll see more.

I'm trying out a bunch of the different vocations and weapons available in Dragon Quest Heroes 2, to figure out which one I like best for my main character.  So far, I'm liking the priest vocation with the spear.  Quick thrust attacks with a really powerful charge attack, especially if you can charge it to maximum, and a nice AoE special attack great for large packs.  I have a lot more vocations and weapons to try yet, though.

Edit: Okay, I'm starting to really warm up to martial artist with a staff.  Lots of sweeping AoE attacks, like warrior with an axe, but faster(less damage though), allowing me to recover and dodge more quickly.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Decided not to get The White March. It looks interesting and I don't mind having a hail of trash-mobs thrown at me, but not for 15 bucks...

I am just having my fun with the vanilla game. 

Note to self: buy PoE II once the complete edition is out.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Decided not to get The White March. It looks interesting and I don't mind having a hail of trash-mobs thrown at me, but not for 15 bucks...

I am just having my fun with the vanilla game. 

Note to self: buy PoE II once the complete edition is out.

Well, White Marsh has one thing going for it: much better encounter design - thrash mobs are almost gone in that expansion. :)

Started StarCrawlers today. Courtesy of Mr. Sands :-P Spent almost two hours on it, and I am enjoying it more than I thought when putting it on my GOG wishlist.

Picked up Hacker, and background, Rich Kid who became Freelance Hacker and got Burnt Out. I have pick up the stuff based on how I want to roleplay the guy and not based on stats.

So Mamoulian the Ethical Hacker was born, and already stick it to the first corporation by helping the common people stuck by plague, get some vaccines :p

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

There's actually not nearly as many trash mobs in White March than in the original campaign - which doesn't mean they're not there, just that the base game was really bad with its encounter design and White March improved upon it quite a bit. Not to mention it telling a pretty epic story in itself, significantly furthering lore of the game, adding brand new class of items to use with their own stories to uncover, and then there's three new companions, filling the gaps left by the original ones.

I thought the White March was the best part of PoE

I still haven't gotten around to playing it yet.  Come to think of it, I didn't even finish the original PoE campaign.

I know, I'm a terrible Obsidianite.

• Like 1