What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

I'm about 25 hours into Comrades (FF-XV Multiplayer-DLC). If you don't have PS-Plus or just don't want to play with real people, can be played solo with AI team members.  While there are goals and missions, this is a team-match up mission style, just sandwiched by a solo "town-base" environment.

The first 10 hours is a lackluster impression combined with complete aggravation towards way too many loading screens to get into and out of the actual combat scenarios that you need to do/grind to gain currency to spend on opening up the map-node progression+to farm items and the like. Once you get used to resign yourself to the loading screen-spam and manage to upgrade weapons for higher level/harder combats, it becomes more fun. All rather simplistic/shallow and very grindy, and the advertised "story" aspect is also minimal, but since I liked the simple but engaging combat in FF-XV, having more of it is ok with me. They changed aspects/control of combat just enough to make it newish-to-learn. No potions/pots of any kind, either, for example. The AI players aren't bad/rarely die so completely doable using only them. Not something you're going to want to play hours and hours a day but working at it a bit each day is a nice pace for me.

Anyway - if I gave FF-XV main game close to a 9/10, I'd give Comrades something like 6/10 just for more fun combat and the weapon upgrade system as motivation. It's not going to be everyone's bag, but if you can push past the loading screen waits, it's some fun. If they continue to add to it, it could get better, too.

Gladio DLC was more like 3.5/10, for me, and Prompto DLC was maybe 5/10.

Ignis DLC better be at least a 7/10. Heehee.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Did I give a full review of the campaign? It's crap, that is all. Like they had a very much okay, but nothing special, campaign with high quality cutscenes and then were forced to use a third of the budget for pointless hero missions and expanded universe references. So the character development suffers and just feels jumpy, like something important is missing.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the multiplayer a ton more now that I gave up playing Officer and started on Heavy. I'm a killing machine! Mow them down with Sentry, pop shield when I'm in danger, then cackle madly over all the bodies.

They really need to fix progression though.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm close (about 20 hours or so out of a 100 hour game) to finish Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel. I just bought Bionic Battle Mutants but I've only gone through the tutorial so far (stylistically, this game looks great). Pretty sure I'm almost finished with my first ago around with POE2 beta. And some Skyrim on the switch.

I was going to play Skyrim but then I noticed that Bethesda has removed vanilla Skyrim along with all the mods and workshop from Steam and has replaced it with Skyrim "Special Edition"...

If I had a dollar for every game that has become useless in my Steam library I could have probably bought a Nintendo Switch with that money.

Store page still exists: http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/72850/

Workshop still exists.

Even if Skyrim's store page were removed from Steam, you'd still have Skyrim in your games. Did you look for "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?" rather than just "Skyrim?"

I just searched for Skyrim and this is what I got:

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=skyrim

Weird. I guess I have to search for it directly from my library. Oh well, thanks a bunch. I go put that thing to the downloads!

EDIT: weird, it does not show up in the search at all for me. I even searched for the individual dlc's but the search came up with no results.

I just went to my library and clicked on the store page from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

If I try to search, I come up with no results for it either, but I got the webpage via google rather than Steam's search tool.

• Like 1

Still working on wrapping up the Everspace DLC. It's not difficult but the randomness of it all makes it terribly annoying to scan certain objects or enemies for quests. I still have to scan two grey goos but it's been 10 runs since I last saw any. Meh. I really wish this would have been part of the normal game progression and not a DLC a couple months afterwards.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I take it those wanting the PS4 Pro have recently gotten 4k TV's or already had one? I considered getting one instead of the Slim (at the time, here, it was another $100 I think?) but since I have no 4k TV-tech it seemed pointless. In another year or three if I have 4k then, I'll get a new console. If I'm still using a console for anything but FF-XV and Cat Quest, anyway.

The regular ol' PS4 has worked fine for me overall. I have been very tempted to toss a SSD in it (the Pro doesn't have SSD either, btw), with more storage space too (500GB isn't much when PS4 games are sooooooo space hoggish and the needing a ton of GB free just for some game installers to even work).  Loading times that are 15-20 seconds instead of 45 seconds would be, well, a lot less hair-pulling. But eh.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Same here. I still have my regular PS4 which I bought back in 2014 I think. It is a bit loud but I have one of those gold Sony headsets and once I put them on and start playing the fan doesn't seem all that loud anymore.

I only bought an Xbox One X recently because I never got to play anything past Halo 1 & 2 when it comes to Xbox and some exclusives such as Fable 2, Halo 3, Sunset Overdrive and Gears of War did interest me. Just the right time to jump in! The fact that the newer PC/Xbox exclusive such as Forza Horizon 3 or Gears 4 have HUMONGOUS download size and system requirements was also an important factor(I can still buy physical Xbox games here but physical PC games...do they even exist anymore?!).

I briefly toyed with the idea of buying a Nintendo Switch because of Super Mario Odyssey but I still have a whole lot of games to play on the Wii U. I'll buy a 'new' Nintendo Switch in a couple of years hopefully.  :teehee:

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Unfortunatelly Crysis was very unfriendly to colorblind people :-/

Huh? In what way? I remember playing Crysis until at least the chopper section after the obligatory aliens showed up.

At least I don't specifically remember having issues, which doesn't mean there weren't any, but I didn't get scarred by them at least (unlike by the ones in Arkham Asylum). One colourblind person isn't the other of course.

I got my first menagerist goblin today playing Diablo 3, after 1,000 h played, so they're not exactly a common sight. They are normal sized but blue and yellowish. I had no idea that they existed. Apparently, they give you rare pets. There are like a dozen or so that you can get from them, I reckon I was lucky, since I got a mimic chest, which to me screams good old D&D.

Oh, and like yesterday, I jumped into one of them rainbow portal goblins, and decided, what the heck, I'll jump into that My Little Pony land, and I was pleasantly surprised. They have updated the rewards inside - every pot of gold, happy cloud, all the pressies and piñatas . they contained tonnes of useful loot: forgotten souls, legendary items, oodles of gold. This must have been updated. Same with removing gems costing no gold.

Didn't realize the Menagerist goblin's were that rare. Got one quite early on in my new Season playthrough, lucky me. Never made it to Pony land so far tho :/

Picked up Fallout 4 again because I'm a masochist (and because I hoped they'd have fixed some of its issues by now. Yeah, I know...). Managed to get loading times to a level that doesn't make me want to instantly Alt+F4 anymore (disabling cloud save helped, for some reason. Beats me why this was no issue with any other Gamebryo game ever before...). They're still obnoxious and entirely unacceptable, but it's manageable.

So far the most common causes of death are BoS vertibirds crashing on/near me (BoS is like everywhere crashing vertibirds and stealing my kills. Those things must be *cheap*) and random enemies with a Fat Man (whoever thought adding those things to the loot tables was a good idea deserves to be forced to drink decaf until Fallout 5 releases). The former I'm just going to suck up, the latter I'm going to fix with a mod, being killed by random nukes isn't fun, engaging or challenging.

Whatever they did to the engine wasn't good. 3rd person animations are better and that's about the only improvement I can think of, really (and not sure if holstering weapons was something I was willing to give up for that, tbh). My extensively modded (vanilla) Skyrim runs way more stable and faster, and with well shorter loading times, and I run with a *lot* of heavy texture mods in that game.

Edited by marelooke

@marelooke. Well I know that from one of my friends who is colorblind, and was not able to play Crysis jungle levels because of this. I really do not remember which Crysis game it was specifically, but he did complained about it a lot.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Finished Ori and the Blind Forest just yesterday. From a gameplay standpoint it was very enjoyable, I really liked the way it conveyed information to the player by means of early, "simple" logic puzzles that subtly illustrated how to combinate new abilities gained. From an aesthetic standpoint it's lovely, full of lush visuals and a wonderful score... The one thing I feel keeps it from greatness overall is that personally at least I was not as compelled with the story itself - despite a lovely intro and what seemed like what would be a very touching personal story, in the end I felt like a lot of the beats and turns ran in parallel with the actual gameplay or Ori's journey, especially as seen through the ending sequences (a lot of the key events occur without our involvement and are merely shown as "meanwhile in..." cutscenes). From the perspective of a Ghibli enthusiast, I also feel it falls a bit into the Pixar problem of wearing the visual/tonal influence on its sleeve but capturing none of the actual content that makes the former studio's films more than just family entertainment - it all amounts to a bit of fluff in the end, but as far as entertainment goes it's damn good one all the same.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Grinding out WoW PvP. Good to know the playerbase is still clueless trash.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I got a PS4 Pro recently, but I also got a 4k TV at the same time, so I can't really say whether it's worth it to get it without one.

There are some slight performance reasons for the Pro but it didn't sound like in action it would make a major difference for most users for that alone. But I suppose that depends how picky you are.

PS4 Pro without 4K TV is imo not worth, unless you are playing fast paced action or racing games, where it is very crucial to have best FPS possible. In these games you will feel performance boost even without 4K TV.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Loved FF-XV? More importantly, did you adore all those lovingly rendered food images? Wish you could cook those yourself? Well now you can, thanks to this game-fan recreating all of them and sharing how they were made.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u6BtakpOV3kLsR16TeedOHBNfl2uUSSg/view

If you don't have a .pdf reader in your browser, this article has a bit: https://mothership.sg/2017/11/final-fantasy-xv-hong-kong-fan-recreated-all-100-recipes-from-the-game/

Now that's fandom. Also, I'm hungry.

Edited by LadyCrimson

I got a PS4 Pro recently, but I also got a 4k TV at the same time, so I can't really say whether it's worth it to get it without one.

There are some slight performance reasons for the Pro but it didn't sound like in action it would make a major difference for most users for that alone. But I suppose that depends how picky you are.

Slight is a big understatement in terms of performance. I mean, that's not saying it's worth it to get for less than a 4k TV, but you make it sound like a pallid shade of what it actually is.

Edited by Belle Sorciere

You're all making it sound as if people never buy new TVs during the lifetime of a console. :p OLED is just about entering the mainstream now that Panasonic and Sony have both relented and are competing on that front, so after a quiet few years there's finally some life in the TV market again.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I completed Chapter 2 of Looking For a Sweet Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deal on a PS4 Pro.  In a plot twist, it turned out that there are no better deals than the GameStop deal.  In fact, while everybody and their grandmother has deals on the PS4 Slim, no one else has any deal at all on the PS4 Pro in the US, be it brick and mortar stores or online retailers.  Onward to the final chapter.  Hopefully this game doesn't go Mass Effect 3 on me and give me a really unsatisfying ending.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just finished Episode 1 'L.A Meltdown' on the PS Vita. Playing Duke Nukem on the tiny OLED screen is a blast. I am lucky I got this for free on PS Plus right before Gearbox Software pulled it out of the store. I also have the Duke Nukem Megaton Edition on Steam...just in case.  :geek:

Yeah, glad I don't have to give my money away for the inferior 'World Tour Edition' which has replaced the Megaton Edition on nearly every digital store in existence...yes, even GOG! I hate you, Gearbox! I was going to play Battleborn but not anymore, even if it's pretty much f2p now. Here you go, this trophy shall be my badge of honor:

1S2bf777.png

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Slight is a big understatement in terms of performance. I mean, that's not saying it's worth it to get for less than a 4k TV, but you make it sound like a pallid shade of what it actually is.

Well, I'm not saying there's zero difference. Like I said, depends how picky you are. I don't own one, obviously, so it's all what I've heard/read from those that have both or review articles.

--certain types of loading and processing will be faster, which makes a difference in something like timed-quest/leaderboard things (ppl in FFXV were pretty salty about that re: unfair advantages on leaderboards, even with no SSD, since they didn't have separate Pro/non-Pro ladders), or like you said, heavy action or MP gaming. But isn't something I'd notice with the type of gaming I generally do. Maybe occasionally in super busy combat moments I'd notice that difference.

--certain graphics will look better, like maybe lower/middling settings vs. high settings? Lighting effects, some textures, that sort of thing?

You're all making it sound as if people never buy new TVs during the lifetime of a console. :p OLED is just about entering the mainstream now that Panasonic and Sony have both relented and are competing on that front, so after a quiet few years there's finally some life in the TV market again.

Fair enough. I tend to just buy what I need at the time and if needs change I buy something new. Not everyone's like that tho. Don't get me wrong, I was tempted to get the Pro last year, just couldn't justify it for me quite yet. :D

And yeah, we were looking at the OLED tv's in the store the other day. Some of them look very nice, at least with the demo vids they play in the store. Although I have a feeling Comcast's cableTV broadcasts (that become more and more compressed around here from overselling their bandwidth) wouldn't look quite as spectacular. HaHa.

• Like 1