What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

I will add on to my AC: Origins impression, it has one of the worst forced actions I can ever imagine pretty early on. You start the game out on a path of revenge, and it becomes pretty clear that your son was killed and that is the motivation for your vengeance. But they way they handle it, via cut scene, is just lame. It's sloppy. There would have been plenty of motivation just by having the son die, but they decided to make it way worse in an attempt to be edgy. :/

Yeah, none of the AC games have particularly great or interesting story-writing, sadly :/

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Sleeping Dogs' combat is fun at least, I mean,the delay in press feels natural to outcome, so it feels polished, unlike AC but maybe that's because Sleeping Dogs is unarmed combat and AC is basically fencing. The problem with Sleeping Dogs is the physics but still, it does do classic brawler to a modern 3D game justice quite well. I think of Sleeping Dogs as a spiritual successor to Fighting Force (exclusively in combat terms).

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I think the popularity of the Batman games is it's probably the best series to allow fans an opportunity to play through an episode or movie of their favorite superhero.

Is the story in any of the games top notch?  Not really, but then again that was a criticism of a lot of the movies/shows.  Is the combat a little cheesy?  Yes, but it's still kind of fun to play as Batman and see your character pummel bad guys like you read about in the comics.

Basically, for me, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, etc. gave me a chance to play through a world where I'm Batman better than any other game out there.

• Like 3

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I loved the Cat Woman parts in arkham city(?) and really wished for more. They should have given her a spin-off game, imo. Would love to play it again, but I have no motivation to force myself through the Batman parts..

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Trying to play through the "mission/quest" part of the FF-XV Assassin's Creed Festival special. It's rather silly and sometimes annoying, although being able to run around rooftops of Lestallum is kinda cool I guess. But I keep pausing the game to do something else every 10-15 minutes.

It's rather annoying that in order to open up all the mini-games of the Festival (and prizes, maybe?) you have to do the mission stuff. Although I'm doing it all for a set of silly, funky looking robes that all 4 of the characters can wear (so far all the new clothing is always Noctis/main chr. only...). I'm not sure why I'm bothering, they're ugly robes and look ugly on the chrs, tbh. But Festival is a temp. or once a year type thing, so I must have those robes at least on my main account/save. :p

Assassins%20Creed%20FFXV%20outfits.jpg

...the MP DLC of the game is out soon. You can play it with AI help in SP so I may try it out a bit, even if the Beta videos people uploaded were pretty uninspiring.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

LA Noire Remastered. They remastered nothing, all assets are the same except it’s 4k. Should have been a boosted X360 BC game

And here I was thinking they have remade the whole thing using the GTA V engine. Thanks for the heads up.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I loved Asylum and City but didn't touch and sequels after that. I loved to be Batman but not just any Batman, but the one from the animated series i grew up on. That was the biggest appeal to me there.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

LA Noire Remastered. They remastered nothing, all assets are the same except it’s 4k. Should have been a boosted X360 BC game

And here I was thinking they have remade the whole thing using the GTA V engine. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah I thought so too, Rockstar did not give out any info or screenshots on this whatsoever, and I guess this is why

My favorite thing in Sleeping Dogs is that I can put people in the trunk, drive off the bridge while jumping out the car and watch the car sink. It's hard for me to get used to the left side of the hub.

When comparing Sleeping Dogs to something like GTAV, Mafia or RDR, it feels somehow more authentic.

My favorite thing about the Arkham games are the boss fights. Every boss fight is different... ine might be based on qte's, another on brute force, another be it stealth or memorization of some analytical value in itself. The boss fights against the iconic villains are very well done.

My favorite thing about the Arkham games are the boss fights. Every boss fight is different... ine might be based on qte's, another on brute force, another be it stealth or memorization of some analytical value in itself. The boss fights against the iconic villains are very well done.

They sure are... except for the "Titan guy(s) with a million mooks" variants. Which comprise, uh, about 50% of boss fights in the first two titles?

Design is a bit better in City, but even there the boss fights are kinda weak, with turd-man being functionally the same as that Frankenstein dude. Freeze was probably the best.

Guess the problem here is that I'm just not a Batman fan beyond Nolan's movies, so playing as the titular character isn't enough for me to overlook some things.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, Freeze was a legit fight! With the stealth, puzzles ahd such. Really cool.

Deathstroke in Origins was also good but it was basically all about precise timing in qte's and perrying. If you didn't combine the two at the exact time required, you'll just be stuck there.

Great stuff!

And yes, SR4!!! The game with the glitching world lol I have a love/hate relationship with that game as I do with Skyrim.

Edited by SonicMage117

In the past week or so I've put quite a bit of time into Grim Dawn and its expansion which has been superb.  Honestly, those looking for a fun ARPG with hours of solid content and gameplay, give this game a look.

Also, picked up Super Mario Odyssey for the switch and am enamored with the game.  Think I have around 12-15 hours and have collected about 300 moons and honestly just love picking it up for 15 minutes here, or even an hour there because it's just fun.  Is it mindblowing?  No, but I don't know quite how to explain it, it's just like Nintendo knows how to make the gamer feel nostalgic/creative/and also like they're having a great time pretty much 99% of the time while playing.

Also picked up Rocket League for the switch today which has been good fun and yeah, I'm one of the people picking up Skyrim for the switch on Friday.  Yeah, I've bought it numerous times, but I'm mostly looking forward to it on the go.  I would say I play the switch in handheld mode about 90% of the time because that's what it is for me.  Something on the couch, away from my house, etc.  

I would like all the "youtube influencers" or whatever they call themselves constantly saying how the switch is screwed or doomed to fail because it can't run DOOM 2016 at the same rate as a PS4, or how graphics are muddied, resolution is small, etc.  We get it, it's not a handheld PS4, but lets stop expecting that.  I could care less if the AAA games of this generation were constantly ported over.  Give me the last generation of great games on the go, give me the superb indie games, like Stardew Valley which has been awesome, or Golf Story, which is also great fun or Hollow Knight, coming sometime in the future.  

Sorry, rant over.  I know everyone doesn't feel the same, but I'm getting tired of this whole "I expect everything to be/run perfect for me" stuff that's been going on.

• Like 1

Playing Metal Wolf Chaos on my OG Xbox. It's basically Earth Defense Force but instead of bugs and space ships you have soldiers and Humvees and instead of an alien invasion you have a coup d'état. 

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

So, clarification for someone who is technology-stunted:

Does the PS4 slim allow for surround sound as long as you use a HDMI cable?  Or is even that requiring some workaround like with the lack of optical port?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think the popularity of the Batman games is it's probably the best series to allow fans an opportunity to play through an episode or movie of their favorite superhero.

Is the story in any of the games top notch?  Not really, but then again that was a criticism of a lot of the movies/shows.  Is the combat a little cheesy?  Yes, but it's still kind of fun to play as Batman and see your character pummel bad guys like you read about in the comics.

Basically, for me, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, etc. gave me a chance to play through a world where I'm Batman better than any other game out there.

Arkham Asylum has the sad honor of being the first and only game I gave up on due to my colourblindness. The scanner thing (or hack tool or whatever it was) was entirely unusable for me (on a keyboard, apparently a controller works better due to force feedback).

Well, first 2 chapters of the Season cleared in Diablo 3, onwards and upwards. Not sure if the Necromancer is so my jive, seems to be lacking in the direct damage department so far.

Edited by marelooke

The gameplay videos since release of FFXV Comrades looks a lot better than the Beta vids. Story missions, map progression, etc. I mean it's still Monster Hunter/Group Hunt Mission or what have you, but at least it has a little more to it than just random combat groupings. NPC AI seems ok for those inclined to offline play (me). Plus they'll probably keep adding small things in that games as service way, over time.

Maybe I'll actually play this for more than an hour.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts