What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Sunset Overdrive continues to impress me with its gameplay, performance and presentation. Why is this game so overlooked?! Oh yeah, it was an Xbox exclusive during the time when Xbox One was getting mauled by the PS4 and it is pretty much the only bona fide Xbox One exclusive that never made its way to the PC.

Sam & Max Save the World

I saw this available on Xbox Game Pass and oh boy, am I happy to be reunited with my furry friends again. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Sunset Overdrive continues to impress me with its gameplay, performance and presentation. Why is this game so overlooked?!

Because til this day the gaming community prefer to stay in their comfort zone rather than try something original or different from what their friends are playing.

The irony is that the gaming community blames devs/pubs for these things but how quickly they forget that they are the ones voting with their wallets. Insomniac Games is one of those rare developers who love to challenge themselves by stepping out the box a bit. I applaud them for that. Sunset Overdrive, well despite it being an open world third person action game,there's really nothing quite like it.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Someone repeatedly tried to log into my Blizzard account today. Perhaps he was expecting I was loaded with tons of sick Overwatch skins or something, but had he succeeded he would be disappointed to only find that the only things of any particular worth are some avatars in Starcraft 2 and a circa 2004 WoW account with only one level 60 character.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Technically I still have Blizzard account. I haven't logged into to it for years now. I wonder if anyone's tried to hack into it and stolen my (by now I'm sure) measly amount of D3 gold. Haha.

I wonder if my Neverwinter Online chrs are all still there. I haven't updated or tried to login to those servers in ages. I should probably delete everything etc. but maybe one day I'll want to romp around on my panther/cat ride-mounts for an evening. 99.999% probably not, but isn't that what we all keep telling ourselves, in these situations, sometimes.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

OK, I was watching some old game reviews and I remember one game I can't figure out what was it. It was set in gothic/victorian england period and you could choose to play male or female and it was kinda Legacy of Cain gameplay wise. Any idea what was it?

edit: found it, name is Nightmare Creatures, anyone know it? :)

edit2: wow, seems like there will be remake!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rPiqo397lM

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I'm very happy to see that they will reboot/remake Nightmare Creatures. I played it on Dreamcast. I don't remember being able to play as a female though, maybe I've just forgotten. Great game series though.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I'm gonna wait til Microsoft gives e a real reason to buy one..(exclusives where are you?) for now I'll stick to my native 4k desktop and my regular 900p XB1 :)

• Like 1

Completed Jotun (hack'n'slash/action-exploration game set in Norse mythology).

Haven't experienced any bugs. RNG for enemy attacks was annoying as well as no i-frames for rolls and no hotkeys for special abilities (6). Graphics, soundtrack and VA are good. Replayability is high, because of Valhalla mode (higher difficulty boss-rush) and achievements (for defeating a boss under certain time, without any God powers, without taking damage, etc.).

edit: found it, name is Nightmare Creatures, anyone know it? :)

proud-gif-18.gif

I am looking for a polish fps game that was made in the 90's...can't remember the name :(

I think it was in space, sort of like System Shock meets Quake meets Event Horizon.

edit: woah, found it!

Edited by Katphood

Really? I got KOTOR running in native 4K with a hacked .exe

I followed instructions on a GOG thread for Flawless Widescreen mod. It worked about 20% of the time. Meaning I had to restart FW and Kotor multiple times every time I wanted to play, which I found to be too annoying to keep doing. E X T R A T H I C C it is.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Really? I got KOTOR running in native 4K with a hacked .exe

I followed instructions on a GOG thread for Flawless Widescreen mod. It worked about 20% of the time. Meaning I had to restart FW and Kotor multiple times every time I wanted to play, which I found to be too annoying to keep doing. E X T R A T H I C C it is.

Try this one

http://www.wsgf.org/article/star-wars-knights-old-republic

• Like 1

I'm taking momentary breaks from things to fit in the odd gameplay on Saints Row 4 and Bordlerlands 2.   Do need to get back into Shadow of War at some point and wrap that up, hit a grind wall and then started handling assignments and haven't returned to it yet.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm gonna wait til Microsoft gives e a real reason to buy one..(exclusives where are you?) for now I'll stick to my native 4k desktop and my regular 900p XB1 :)

No thanks, I hope exclusives finally die their well deserved death. If the only reason people buy your console is because you withold stuff from them..well maybe the console isn't that great after all...

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

If I could count all the PC games that are pretty much unplayable on Win 10. Can someone please make a port of O.D.T?!

I wanna play this, I own the original disc but good luck ever trying to figure out how that thing runs on current day hardware/OS. I doubt there is even a legal way of obtaining it.

Edited by Katphood

I'm playing the first mission of the bonus campaign in HITMAN.  Finding the targets is easy enough, but they both tend to stay in areas with tons of potential witnesses.  I need to figure out how to lure them to a more secluded area.  I guess I should try pulling the fire alarm first.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

No thanks, I hope exclusives finally die their well deserved death. If the only reason people buy your console is because you withold stuff from them..well maybe the console isn't that great after all...

I like when consoles offer good exclusives, those exclusives are what seem to push the industry to create more quality games. Without Sony/Microsoft's in-house studios or published projects, the rest of developers and publishers would probably get lazy and not push themselves in storytelling and art in general. And if there are no exclusives than there would probably be no point for consoles anymore either, I don't want pc to be the only platform because that would be horrible for gaming in alm things. We need competition, it's good for the industry and has always been it's saving grace.

I beat the first mission in the bonus campaign, silent assassin, of course.

Zsx5zse.jpg

Both kills were rather plain, though.  I do want to go back and have them die in more spectacular fashion.  Oybek setting himself on fire would be most unfortunate... and hilarious, and I'm fairly certain I know how to make that happen.

:fdevil:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I really can't decide whether to just get a PS4 slim or go for a PS4 Pro.  The slim is almost $150 cheaper right now, and I'm not sure how much I'd benefit from the Pro.  But I also don't want to get a slim and then realize just how much I've missed out on.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I really can't decide whether to just get a PS4 slim or go for a PS4 Pro.  The slim is almost $150 cheaper right now, and I'm not sure how much I'd benefit from the Pro.  But I also don't want to get a slim and then realize just how much I've missed out on.

The PS4 Slim is the most quite PS4 you can get so I would just go with that.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1