Buried Allies don't count toward daily challenges

Achilles

Question

Examples: Father Zantus, Toad, Lord Mayor Grobaras, Brodert Quink (who had the opportunity to count twice).

Items like the healing poultice, etc work, so the challenge itself isn't broken. Just the allies (so far).

Edit: apparently this daily challenge is more bugged than I thought. My weekly progression will show a +1 increment (which I haven't earned). When this is the case, nothing I bury will count toward the daily challenge. If I close out of the game and restart, it will correctly show 0/3 and the bury count will progress (for some items, not all...I got Toad to work last round). Not saying the relationship is causal, but something else to look at.

Edit 2: after extensive testing...any action which increments the bury count (for the daily challenge) will also increment the weekly challenge. Subsequent attempts to increment the daily challenge are not logged. Quitting the game and restarting will clear the erroneous weekly challenge increment and allow the daily challenge increment to proceed. Burying a valid card (again, not everything counts apparently) will increment both the daily and weekly challenge and lock the count again. Quit, restart, continue.

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

4 answers to this question

I have just finished the daily challenge (one of the worst for me as I usually do not have Bury cards apart from some Loot and few armors). For me on Android, the challenge works properly. Every time I buried a card due to wildcard or its own power, the count was updated, even for the Toad Ally. The only three times that it did not register (2 Blessings of Lamashtu and Revelation Quill), it was because I was somehow logged out while still connected :-) Maybe the problem is device- or system-related?

I saw the incorrect weekly challenge +1 when completing the All Hallows Eve #2 (third challenge, finish 2 normal scenarios) after completing the first normal scenario. I rather quit the application as I was afraid that I will miss the spoooooooky dice. After restart it showed correctly 2 dailies finished...

Regarding the Bury challenge, for me the items that can be recharged or something instead of being buried (Wand of Enervation) do not count even if you select to Bury them instead of check to recharge. It probably is a side effect of not counting burying as a result of failed check.

For me on Android, the challenge works properly. 

This is on the Steam version. I guess I need to stop assuming that's obvious.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Adding Wand of Treasure Finding (2nd check) to list of things that don’t count when buried.