New Fallout Tabletop RPG - Fallout d40

Althalus1

https://falloutd40.wixsite.com/mainpage

Hello Everyone,

Above is a link to a tabletop RPG I created based on Fallout. This is a finished product with a completed rulebook and its own unique ruleset modeled after Dungeons and Dragons. I also refer to it as Fallout d40 as it incorporates the d24, d30 and d40 into the dice that D&D uses. I've included links on where you can find these and what products to buy. Some hobby shops may carry them as well. On the website you can download the player's handbook, errata (because it's never too early!) as well as custom made character sheets.

The SPECIAL system and skills system work the same as in Fallout 3/New Vegas and creating a character should feel the same as creating one in one of those games. There are rules for weapon and armor degradation, chems, general maintenance needs (drink, food, sleep) and a multitude of perks that will hopefully give PCs tough choices over what they want to take. Combat should be both fast and balanced and hopefully allows guns to feel like guns. While the math is more involved than D&D at times, I don't feel it is overwhelming or cumbersome and I've tried to make it as easy as possible while still accomplishing the task at hand.

New Vegas is my favorite game of all time and this is one fan's ode to the Fallout universe. I have striven to create as balanced a game as possible while also pushing the D&D system in new directions. I welcome as much feedback as possible and please let me know what you think. You can also email me if you like at Falloutd40@gmail.com. Thank you!

-Chris

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow. Impressive!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to let people know that I have updated the game and there is now a Bestiary, GM Tips document and updated Errata as of 3/13/19. The Bestiary contains stats for creatures in the game and comes in both a pdf doc with descriptions of the creatures and as a spreadsheet with just the stats. The GM tips document is a mini Dungeon Master's Guide and the Errata contains 2 new weapons as well as an alternate xp system. The front and back of the character sheet have also received minor updates.

One thing I wanted to clarify (and this is contained in the GM Tips as well) is that although it is referred to as Fallout d40, the game is really balanced around the d24 with the idea being that the PCs, in regards to combat, are underpowered with the d20 to start (levels 1-3), on par with the d24 for the bulk of the game (levels 4-11), slightly overpowered with the d30 later in the game (levels 12-17) and very overpowered with the d40 in the late game (levels 18+). The game also assumes that all characters will take the perk The d24! at level 4 and if a GM is not allowing one perk a level, they may want to just give that perk to all characters when they reach level 4.

Thank you to everyone who checks the game out. Any feedback is greatly appreciated and you can still email me at falloutd40@gmail.com if you like. Thank you!

-Chris

• 1 year later...

https://falloutd40.wixsite.com/mainpage

I wanted to let people know that I am putting out a preview of the next edition of my homebrew Fallout tabletop RPG Fallout d40. Although I normally don't like releasing anything until it's finished, the above rework to the game is unlikely to change much between now and the final release and there are some other projects that are pulling me away right now. At this point I am down to the nitty-gritty of reworking/creating stats for all things in the game as well as reworking the perks and combat section. However, the above is a pretty complete look at all other aspects of the game including full character creation. Combining this with the stats in the original version and with a little tinkering by a DM, you should be able to create characters and utilize the new rules including calculating all movement in feet and inches rather than squares. Feel free to use any part of this or the original in your own tabletop creations.

Just wanted to get it out there for people who might be interested. Thank you!