Definitive Edition

Guest FlorianGh

The all-new Deadfire Pack DLC, which includes new in-game items to earn and discover, and new portraits from the forthcoming sequel, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, releasing in 2018

Ye this part is going to hard to resist. I was hoping they would release the portraits early for maybe another playthrough.

Edited by draego

Maybe because everybody is biting fingernails because they have to do yet another playthrough now. ;)

Biting fingernails? Hell I'm downright antsy! I was just starting to get bored of doing plays through in anticipation of Deadfire but I've got a new gaming laptop I bought online being delivered today or tomorrow and now I've got a new reason to play through PoE again :D Which means no longer being confined to the PC for gaming and thereby subject to girlfriend disapproval muahaha

One question I have here: it says that the Hero edition will go down in price, so presumably it will still be sold separately, but is there a cut off date for the free upgrade for pre-existing owners to the new edition?  I ask because it occurs to me that now would be the best time to buy the basic version and then get the free upgrade to Definitive edition with all the expansions coming free.  Unless of course the price of the Definitive version will be the same as the normal version now, I deal in £ not $ so not sure what it will be in real money.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

The new Deadfire Pack DLC will also be made available for free to all existing (and future) owners of Pillars of Eternity on Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs to thank them for their ongoing support of what has become one of the world’s most beloved RPGs.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah, obviously. Why should they give you another copy of the game for free?

If you already have PoE and download the Deadfire Pack for free you'll basically have the Definitive Edition I guess.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If you already have PoE and download the Deadfire Pack for free you'll basically have the Definitive Edition I guess.

Not necessarily.

If you have a Royal Edition with all the goodies that come with it, then yes. After getting the Deadfire Pack, you will have the Definitive edition. Et voilà!

If you have a lesser edition (e.g. Hero) thus less goodies that come with it, then no. After getting the Deadfire pack you still have the Hero edition + the Deadfire stuff.

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

If I remember correctly there was some info that they are doing their own cloth physics this time?

That would be awesome.  Was it a statement from Obsidian?

I'm going to be pretty bummed if the "definitive" edition of the game still doesn't have visible capes and cloaks on Linux.

Not quite. Those digital stuffs like novellas, OST are not. Also.. many publishers like THQ Nordic gave me TQ Anniversary when i only has the vanilla version. Obsidian are looking big on money and not about good reputation with players. Look at CDPR giving out free DLCs.

Edited by Archaven

What about "Champion Edition" owners like me? I hope we will also get Royal Edition content below for free or with an cheap upgrade option.

"Digital Novella by Chris Avellone: 
A digital novella that focus on the backstory of some of the more interesting characters that players may encounter over the course of their travels in Pillars of Eternity. 

Collector’s Book PDF:
Digital version of the book that is being published by Dark Horse. It contains lots of information and art on the setting, story, and creatures of Pillars of Eternity. 112 pages.

Hi-res Concept Art pieces:
High resolution pieces of our concept art. Contains everything from concepts of areas and creatures to props and mood pieces.

Digital Strategy Guide:
Digital version of our strategy guide from Prima penned by the same writer of the Fallout: New Vegas guide. Contains all the information players will need to master Pillars of Eternity and reveal all of the content available."

Not quite. Those digital stuffs like novellas, OST are not. Also.. many publishers like THQ Nordic gave me TQ Anniversary when i only has the vanilla version. Obsidian are looking big on money and not about good reputation with players. Look at CDPR giving out free DLCs.

are you kidding, you fell for that "free DLC" PR campaign. How noble of them to not ask me to pay for a few hairstyles and a new game plus mode
  • Like 1

are you kidding, you fell for that "free DLC" PR campaign. How noble of them to not ask me to pay for a few hairstyles and a new game plus mode

I already backed PoE 2 and waiting for the beta, if in the meantime they release for free more items and portrait for poe1 i surely won't complain...