Political Twelve Monkeys

Amentep

seems like German police is having fun! What I read in local news have some quotations which are not in this article and those are hilarious:

"The police have refused these accusations, but admitted that some academics are lacking respect and discipline, some of them lacking knowledge of German, some of which have been prosecuted in the past." WTF? xD

https://www.thelocal.de/20171108/how-berlins-police-are-fighting-off-claims-they-have-been-infiltrated-by-mafia

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

A Gun Free America in Five Easy Steps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnoFKskvSq4

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

8czqsp.jpg

I'm sure the typed and unsigned note left behind will have her recanting everything!  :lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The Dems had a good night but I'm afraid it may lead them to be too arrogant and complacent for the midterms. Already seeing some articles to that effect.

The Democrats will make the same mistakes they did in 2016 and push tonedeaf candidates, their success depends on how badly Trump ****s up over the next year.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

If history is any guide, the Republicans will continue f-----g up. The anti-establisment types will be mad they are not helping Trump, and the Trumpians will turn off the moderates. Meanwhile, no tax cuts, no Obamacare repeal, and people wonder why the hell they voted Republican in the first place. So in 2018 they stay home and the Democrats take over the Senate and maybe the House. Of course they will immediately go nuts and try to impeach Trump whether he deserves it or not and that will harden the political battle lines. So in 2020 Trump gets re-elected with at least half of congress being Democrat and they snipe at each other for four years until the Democrats take over everything in 2024. That will last two years until they have pissed off half the country with their liberty-hating big government spending orgy and the Republicans take back one of both houses in 2026. And on and on it goes. How do I know this? This cycle has been repeating itself for twenty five f-----g years now.

Democrat, Republican, Democrat, Republican, like spokes in a wheel. First one is on top, then the other and on and on it goes grinding the people of this country into the dirt. It's time to break the wheel! http://www.lp.org

Thomas Sowell

I'm convinced we need another name for gun control as the current term has too many negative connotations, just like triggered. It needs to sound positive.

Except people are privy to newspeak, double talk, spin and euphemism.

If history is any guide, the Republicans will continue f-----g up. The anti-establisment types will be mad they are not helping Trump, and the Trumpians will turn off the moderates. Meanwhile, no tax cuts, no Obamacare repeal, and people wonder why the hell they voted Republican in the first place. So in 2018 they stay home and the Democrats take over the Senate and maybe the House. Of course they will immediately go nuts and try to impeach Trump whether he deserves it or not and that will harden the political battle lines. So in 2020 Trump gets re-elected with at least half of congress being Democrat and they snipe at each other for four years until the Democrats take over everything in 2024. That will last two years until they have pissed off half the country with their liberty-hating big government spending orgy and the Republicans take back one of both houses in 2026. And on and on it goes. How do I know this? This cycle has been repeating itself for twenty five f-----g years now.

Democrat, Republican, Democrat, Republican, like spokes in a wheel. First one is on top, then the other and on and on it goes grinding the people of this country into the dirt. It's time to break the wheel! http://www.lp.org

Have you looked at their Senate electoral map for 2018? Five Democrats are in solid Trump/Republican states, just maintaining status quo would be considered a victory. An unlikely but not impossible victory in Alabama will help a little.

It's true that the cycle of the party not in the WH gaining ground will continue, but they're at a big disadvantage. And the cycle has actually been going on for much longer than 25 years, it's one of the few near absolute constants in US politics.

Edited by smjjames

I'm convinced we need another name for gun control as the current term has too many negative connotations, just like triggered. It needs to sound positive.

The gun control movement can rename itself 'pro life', as they don't want any more deaths from gun violence.

Then the NRA types can become the 'pro choice' movement, as they want people to be able to choose for themselves whether to own firearms.

• Like 5

GD  you know Im a Democrat supporter but I am concerned with the lack of prominent Democrats who have a sustainable and constructive vision for the party and the USA

At the moment it seems the Democrats live and respond only to what Trump says or doesn't say ....I dont see or feel  real inspiration like I felt for Obama

The Democrats need to focus more on there own narrative of why people should vote for them and focus less on  Trumps fairly regular vacuous or controversial comments 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

GD  you know Im a Democrat supporter but I am concerned with the lack of prominent Democrats who have a sustainable and constructive vision for the party and the USA

At the moment it seems the Democrats live and respond only to what Trump says or doesn't say ....I dont see or feel  real inspiration like I felt for Obama

The Democrats need to focus more on there own narrative of why people should vote for them and focus less on  Trumps fairly regular vacuous or controversial comments

The Dems really do have a leadership problem, the Clintons are done, Obama is staying in the background mainly because he'd annoy Trump and anything he does is instant foil for Trump, though he's doing what he can from the background. There are leaders in the sense of leading the minority party, but as you say, there's a lack of prominent voices like in the way some longtime senators in the past have been. Or rather, right now, there's a lot of popular voices trying to fill the vacuum.

The Republicans are having a similar crisis in that they lack the same kind of prominent leader, except that while there are prominent Republicans, Trumps election has sent the whole thing into array. Usually the President leads the party, but they are now finding that they don't really have a backup leader (unless you count Reagan, who's dead).

Both parties are going through similar crisises of identity.

I think Obama is staying away because if he said anything that wasn't challenging the dems, it would be construed as spin narrative against the conservatives. They'd drag his word through the mud again. Obama wants his legacy to remain in his campaign when he commanded, now that his power has passed it doesn't make sense for him to way in. It'd be consolation chirps at that point, unbecoming of his former gravity.

What Obama wants is his legacy to remain encapsulated so that it can be revived and continued the next time a democrat is in office. It's the Dems in congress's job after all to challenge or strike bipartisan with the GOP.

Just name it responsible gun owner act and market it so that it looks cool to be person who takes responsibility of their actions.

Pretty interesting race to upset an incumbent in Virginia. :)

Bathroom bills are dumb.

Somewhat related: German court just ruled that it is unconstitutional that there are only two options for gender on official forms given that it is biologically possible (and the case for around 80000 Germans) to be born as neither (having only one X chromosome); so our parliament will have to add a third option for those cases.

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Most forms in the US let you decline to answer questions on gender and race.

Forms like passports or IDs?

They don't have IDs, only driver licence IIRC

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Most forms in the US let you decline to answer questions on gender and race.

Forms like passports or IDs?

They don't have IDs, only driver licence IIRC

Yeah, so far as I am aware no anglo country has compulsory ID cards, only voluntary ones like passports or driving licenses. It's a bit of a cultural hangover, even in somewhere as 1984esque as the UK there was a colossal stink when they tried to bring in compulsory IDs.