Of course I will not close the game when I go to the bathroom, eat a (second) dinner or make me some coffee or so. But usually I will close it when I'm finished for the day or when I go out. There were some nights where I didn't close it because I fell asleep while bringing my kids to bed. ;)

So... hard to tell. Maybe 1/4 is idle time? Just a guess.

I played a lot in the beginning but not so much nowadays.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I don't understand why someone would leave the game idling in the background. I will if I need to run to the bathroom, but anything that takes longer than a few minutes I just save and close application.

I've never understood this, either. A friend of mine has like 60% more hours in all his games than he's really played, because he'll just leave games running for like 48 hours while he does other stuff, then eventually come play them again. It confounds me. :p

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I don't understand why someone would leave the game idling in the background. I will if I need to run to the bathroom, but anything that takes longer than a few minutes I just save and close application.

Is this sarcasm? I always got as many applications running as possible. It's easier just to tap between apps than to open and close them.

• Like 1

I tend to leave my stuff running too. I'll turn it off when going to work or to bed or something that I know I'll be gone for several hours but if I'm going to the store or making dinner or something that's not super long then I just leave it on

Free games updated 3/4/21

Is this sarcasm? I always got as many applications running as possible. It's easier just to tap between apps than to open and close them.

It's even easier to have 1 monitor for each game. Then you don't even have to alt-tab between apps.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I tend to leave my stuff running too.

And then there is another extremity.

After 3 playthroughs and even more time spent testing, I have just 91 hours on Steam))

The last run alone took 85h and it's the only playthrough which I was running with Steam in background.

Edited by MaxQuest

It's even easier to have 1 monitor for each game. Then you don't even have to alt-tab between apps.

That's probably the main reason for me. I don't lose anything by keeping it running and it's already ready already when I want to get back to it. ;P

Free games updated 3/4/21

I do a lot of leaving my game running while I go use the bathroom, make a cup of tea, or take a smoke. Things that take just a few minutes, I'll leave it running--things that take longer then that, I'll shut it down. Of course I've only got around 800 hours, nothing like Boeroer there!

That's because you like to watch the very entertaining and blazingly fast loading screens of PoE...

Maybe I've anthropomorphized my PC, but I see closing unused applications as giving it a rest.

Yeah, I'm like this too. If I have more than three windows open, I begin to feel like I'm a computer Torquemada.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Heh, you just made me check my total. It's 992h, and I've just started my first ever seasonal Necromancer. I never got to lvl 70 with my first, so at least I'll get to pass 1,000h in a game soon. :p  

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

uhhh to buy $20 beta addon or not to buy...

Obviously buy the addon. Get yourself some sweet sweet beta action then, like I did for the Pillars beta, play it for less than an hour  :biggrin:

:-D yeah, that’s my worry. I buy into those early access stuff, and after one,playthrough I wait for final product anyway without contributing to the testing. It’s not like I will minmax various builds to find out overpowered/underpowered builds.

eh, Since you haven't backed at that level already I'd say wait for release. You can always watch let's plays on youtube and comment in here. If you were a beta guy you'd already know that :p

I am still in a process of self discovering. ;)

eh, Since you haven't backed at that level already I'd say wait for release. You can always watch let's plays on youtube and comment in here. If you were a beta guy you'd already know that :p

I am still in a process of self discovering. ;)

Personally I was hyped about betas of other projects I backed in the past too, only to find that I played it a couple of times for 1 hour and then dropped it, waiting for the real thing. I'm not the person to scrutinize the beta. I'd give feedback based on the little I played, what I watched others do or just follow links of beta testers that will drop in here and discuss subjects individually as they bring them up.

Edited by Sedrefilos